2011 V8 Supercars

Not really... I believe it was known as that for a while, but as far as I know it's just "V8 Supercars Australia". The "Australia" part is pretty much only there because the series is based in Australia.

As for the Holden/Ford thing, V8 Supercars is currently looking to increase the number of brands associated with the championship. The Car of the Future regulations coming in soon are supposed to decrease costs and allow a greater variety of vehicles to be adapted to compete in the series.

AFAIK the CoTF isn't actually bringing in extra manufacturers. The original rumored 4 brands that were interested: Mercedes. Hyundai, Toyota, and Nissan have all confirmed that they

1. Haven't been approached by V8 Supercar at all
2. Not interested in entering the championship

So pretty much the CoTF trying to "bring in more manufacturers" have pretty much failed. It will still be Ford/Holden guys. IDK I would have liked to see Nissan and Hyundai be in V8s tbh. I mean Nissan has had a mark in Australian Motorsports and them re-entering V8s were suppose to be like Lotus re-entering F1.

But as it seems. CoTF hasn't attracted anyone at all

EDIT: Why did Hyundai choose to V8 Supercar the coupe? Wouldn't the Hyundai Sonata make an epic V8 Supercar? I mean that sedan just screams V8 Supercar to me:

2010hyundaisonata.jpg

2011-Hyundai-Sonata-002.jpg

That Hyundai looks alright I reckon. Alot better than the pussnut bogan mobiles they're running around with at the moment.

I couldn't really see a factory Nissan team jumping back in, especially after the shafting they copped back in '91/'92....

AFAIK the CoTF isn't actually bringing in extra manufacturers. The original rumored 4 brands that were interested: Mercedes. Hyundai, Toyota, and Nissan have all confirmed that they

1. Haven't been approached by V8 Supercar at all
2. Not interested in entering the championship

So pretty much the CoTF trying to "bring in more manufacturers" have pretty much failed. It will still be Ford/Holden guys.

That is correct - I was just saying that bringing in more manufacturers was still the aim.

I'm not sure if this will work in Europe but there is online live coverage, go to www.bigpond.com select video from the pull down menu select v8supercars and it will bring up a menu look to the left hand bottom of the screen for Bigpond TV v8supercars have a 24/7 channel, the qualifying and the races are played live. For a TV guide look on the V8 supercar website.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back