2011 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use to forguet that even the "pay drivers" that are in F1 are excellent drivers, they could just go to another smaller category and have success, there are many examples.

As it was said before, to win in F1 you need a competitive car and one of the best, let's say, 5 drivers of the momment. The better the car is, the worse it can be the driver, but always in this range of very selected people.

See what Button did with the Brawn, total domination.

Well in the case of Felipe Massa I can't help but feel this will be his last season in a front-running car, he has been awful this year.

Its not him, is the designer of the red bull car. I forgot his name but he designed for Senna in Rothmans William, he designed the winning Mika Maclaren (correct me if im wron gin that one) and the Powerful Williams for JP Montoya. Its the car not the driver wining the races this season.

First of all this designer which name I can't remember myself made the Williams car that killed Senna. He only made one car for Senna with other words so he can't be counted in your list of drivers that won due to there car.

Adrian Newey designed the Leyton House that ran near the front at the end of the 80's/start of 1990 after the team was struggling in the midfield. He then joined Williams towards the end of 1990 and designed a car that was capable of challenging for the title which Williams hadn't achieved for several years. Several titles came over the following years before he joined McLaren in 1997. He pulled McLaren back to the very front of the field after they fell behind in the mid-90's and won several more titles with them. He then joined Red Bull for 2006 and after a couple of fruitless years, he got the team to where they are now.

It's become quite clear that he is the best designer in F1 and he usually gets success wherever he goes and that isn't just coincidence.

He's not the same than in 2008 anymore, and since his accident he lost all his agresivity.

I'm sorry for him, I really like Felipe :(

Yes it's really sad what happened to him. I would really like to see him fighting for the win again, but I fear it won't happen. But I understand it absolutely, that accident almost killed him, no wonder he has changed.

Oh well, I've posted this on a couple of other forums, so I might as well post it here...

"Ok, I'm a frigging nazi when it comes to the rules. I mean the rules are the rules for a reason. And that they should be followed.

Time and again, we see people gaining an advantage by running off track, and today, T3, was T3+a car width outside the white lines. What the **** is the point with the white lines when they can give a long ! in them, and drive where they want?

Get the grass back outside the white lines, or gravel, or sand, or knifes for that matter, just make it impossible to go outside the white lines to get any kind of advantage. They can very well have asphalt closer to the barriers, but make the drivers pay for exceeding track limits. Or just don't have any white lines marking anything. Free for all. This is just idiotic. I actually skipped 47 laps of todays race because of this."

Dont see why u skiped 47 laps u missed out then, and i dont see why every 1 is crying about this and complaining about that. The last 3 races have been brill wit none stop action, best f1 i have seen in a while

WISE UP:cool:

But you really don't agree that it is idiotic to allow people racing outside the white lines that define that track? In other word. It's OK to race outside the track?
Then why even bother to mark the track with any lines? There are no point in having a defined track, if you don't have to follow the track...

I fully agree with you Ole and Martin Brundle was complaining all weekend about it. Unfortunately tracks are never going to be like the old days where one mistake could cause you to have a massive accident. The tracks are designed to be safer and it is when you have tarmac run-offs as opposed to gravel or grass. It's also one of the reasons I believe we see a lot more cars finishing these days.

Oh well, I've posted this on a couple of other forums, so I might as well post it here...

"Ok, I'm a frigging nazi when it comes to the rules. I mean the rules are the rules for a reason. And that they should be followed.

Time and again, we see people gaining an advantage by running off track, and today, T3, was T3+a car width outside the white lines. What the **** is the point with the white lines when they can give a long ! in them, and drive where they want?

Get the grass back outside the white lines, or gravel, or sand, or knifes for that matter, just make it impossible to go outside the white lines to get any kind of advantage. They can very well have asphalt closer to the barriers, but make the drivers pay for exceeding track limits. Or just don't have any white lines marking anything. Free for all. This is just idiotic. I actually skipped 47 laps of todays race because of this."

Agreed, totally. One of the reasons I can barely stand F1 nowadays is that half of the tracks are stupid Tilkedromes and the other half is Tilke-ised to the bitter end, which usually leads into this kind of pathetic situations.

The funny thing is that track limits are usually enforced in feeder series(more or less) but no one seem to bother about them in F1. Weird.

So few crashes (F1 drivers are too good these days :D )

No. The cars and the tracks are too forgiving. And there are so many opportunity to leapfrog your opponent in the pits thanks to a better strategy that there is no point in taking a bit of risks at the start or in a pass during the first half of the race.

And unlike many claims, DRS do not make things artificial. There is not a huge advantage of it.

20kph down a straight, not a huge advantage?

The reason why there was so few overtaking in this race was that the last corner is designed in a way that you can't go any close to an opponent because of dirty air. With DRS you are still catching him down the straight and get in the slipstream at some point, but you can't outbrake yourself at T1 without having a very significant overlap, as it is too fast and too twisty for that.

But the speed is lower in turn 10... a harsher braking zone, and a corner which you can just about have more than 1 line through, as opposed to 1/2 which is difficult - 2 especially to make it stick.

But the speed is lower in turn 10... a harsher braking zone, and a corner which you can just about have more than 1 line through, as opposed to 1/2 which is difficult - 2 especially to make it stick.

Yep this is true, and you can also go slightly off track at the exit it you take too much speed, since there is a nice asphalt runaway area on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back