2011 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
but at the end the only thing that angers me the most is the change of tyres...im telling you...the whole FIA is now on RedBulls payroll since the RB owner is rich as hell.

FIA Sporting Regulations Article 41.4

41.4 Whilst the race is suspended :
- neither the race nor the timekeeping system will stop, however, in accordance with Article 5.3 the
length of the race suspension will be added to the maximum two hour period ;
- cars may be worked on once they have stopped on the grid or entered the pits but any such work
must not impede the resumption of the race ;

- only team members and officials will be permitted on the grid.

FIA Sporting Regulations Article 41.4

41.4 Whilst the race is suspended :
- neither the race nor the timekeeping system will stop, however, in accordance with Article 5.3 the
length of the race suspension will be added to the maximum two hour period ;
- cars may be worked on once they have stopped on the grid or entered the pits but any such work
must not impede the resumption of the race ;

- only team members and officials will be permitted on the grid.

I'm not implying that the FIA are trying to help Red Bull (the ban on off-throttle engine mapping is evidence of the opposite), but it is a bollocks rule! It ruins the race.

The Fia is on [Insert team here] payroll if they win too much.

Especially after FIA wants to ban blown diffusers because they want to purposely slow Red Bull down.

They're not banning blown diffusers. They're banning the use of throttle map settings that ignite exhaust gases when the driver's off-throttle.

well the point is. Lewis needs to keep to keep it together and yes the car mey be WORKED on. I dont think CHANGING tyres are part of "Work" unless they are just WARMING them up. herp derp.

well the point is. Lewis needs to keep to keep it together and yes the car mey be WORKED on. I dont think CHANGING tyres are part of "Work" unless they are just WARMING them up. herp derp.

You say you don't think that but you have no proof that changing tires is not allowed during red flag.
Read the rules instead of making statements that has no source.

If it has no source then that RULE needs to be ammended. Go figurea rb die hard fan would say that.

Any reason as to why it should be amended? Except because you think it poses an advantage to RedBull (when everyone plays by the same rules?).
Also calling me an RB-fan on basis like that is a low form of defense and shows how desperate you are to be right in this (which you already have lost considering RedBull hasn't been disqualified yet).

I think if repairing a wing is allowed, changing tyres has to be too. Imagine a driver in P1 that has worn tires and another driver in P2 that has a broken front wing but brand new tyres.

Then the race get's red flagged, if repairs are allowed but no tyre change, most likely driver in P2 will win at the end. He got advantage of the red flag because otherwise he would have to stop to repair the wing.

So or you ban any work on the cars, or you allow every work including tyre change, otherwise will be unfair and depend on particular situations, which is not good for a rule.

If it has no source then that RULE needs to be ammended. Go figurea rb die hard fan would say that.

It would be impossible to write every eventuality into the rules. Like the design of the cars for instance - there is no way the rule makers would be able to come up with all the possible permutations. So it is much better to write guidelines and acceptable boundaries, and outline what is banned, rather than write everything that is allowed. If that happened, there would be no creativity in terms of design, so we would end up with identical cars, which is boring for everyone.

And rules shouldn't be changed just because on one occasion they prevent a good on-track battle. Nobody would be complaining if Vettel had been slow but already had fresh tyres, and Alonso had been fast but his tyres were about to go off. Had that been the case, the current situation would have made for a good battle.

The FIA are always tying themselves up in knots by making rule changes that would have made the previous season a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes