2011 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The incident later with Maldonado was cleary Maldonado his fault. He just turned in without looking. Where Hamilton was already there.

Why is it Maldonado's fault? Maldonado was slightly ahead of Hamilton when the time came to turn. Hamilton was just trying to do the impossible. Sure Lewis, Monaco is a difficult track to pass on. Tell us something we don't already know. Hamilton needs to walk away from this weekend and count himself lucky he even scored points. He damaged Massa's car (which may or may not have effected Massa crashing in the tunnel) and he knocked Maldonado out of the race. I am pretty sure the Ferrari and Williams teams will be disagreeing with Mr Hamilton when Lewis claims he did no wrong.

Why is it Maldonado's fault? Maldonado was slightly ahead of Hamilton when the time came to turn. Hamilton was just trying to do the impossible. Sure Lewis, Monaco is a difficult track to pass on. Tell us something we don't already know. Hamilton needs to walk away from this weekend and count himself lucky he even scored points. He damaged Massa's car (which may or may not have effected Massa crashing in the tunnel) and he knocked Maldonado out of the race. I am pretty sure the Ferrari and Williams teams will be disagreeing with Mr Hamilton when Lewis claims he did no wrong.
But from the looks of things Hamilton is for a good time on the inside of Maldonado just like the overtaking with Schumi. But unlike Schumi, Maldonado tried to close the door to late.

I just don't see how that incident could have been avoided. Even if Lewis would have braked, there wouldn't be enough time to avoid the car and it would end up with Lewis hitting the rear of Maldonado and who knows who might get cought afterwards.

Edit: IMO Lewis should have just avoided the question by changing topic. But belive me I sow that coming before he said it.

He was slighty ahead indeed. But Hamilton was also already next to him. And Maldonado decides to turn in and ends his own race. He also could do it like Schumacher when Hamilton overtook him in the beginning of the race. Just except when someone is on the inside and live another day.

Unfortunately for Hamilton they had made the decision to give Di Resta a penalty for a half arsd passing attempt and it made it virtually impossible to let Hamilton off in a similar incident with Massa. I enjoyed seeing both Lewis and Massa not giving ground, but the incident in the tunnel ruined it. I'm not going to blame Lewis for that as they must have entered the tunnel side by side and Massa chose to try and hang on around the outside!!

As for Maldonado, I feel he had enough of his car ahead to expect Lewis to back out, but he isn't experienced enough to know that Lewis was going to stay there and claim that tarmac as his own. Very sad to see Pasto go out like that after such a good weekend for him:bad:.

Hamilton drove with the mind of a 3 year old today, complete stupidity for someone has experienced as him. I usually love his bravery in overtakes, but this whole weekend he just acted like a spolit brat.

Firstly critcising him team (which I may add if it wasn't for he wouldn't have had the funds to continue kart racing) for a bad performace, then blaming Massa, Maldonado and everyone but himself - grow up Lewis, I never liked him but now I've taken my hatred of him to a new level, complete lack of respect for other drivers. I imagine he's be calling Pastor an idiot of he tried to make that same move on him, just the fact that he's a world champion thinks he has the right of way... complete idiot.

Apart from Hamilton, the race was brilliant today - Vettel, Alonso and Button were fantastic, although once again poor stragetic decisions by McLaren cost Button an easy win. Was confused why tyres were allowed to be changed under red flags, I'm 99% sure Alonso would have one if it wasn't for this rule. I was expecting a procession and got a great race - so I'm happy!

He was slighty ahead indeed. But Hamilton was also already next to him. And Maldonado decides to turn in and ends his own race. He also could do it like Schumacher when Hamilton overtook him in the beginning of the race. Just except when someone is on the inside and live another day.

Seriously though, Button should've clearly divebomb both Alonso and Vettel at the same time coming into St Devote, and then pretend it is their fault if they ever dared turning into the corner instead of diving and stopping into the runaway area. After all, the one on the inside has the priority on everyone else. Isn't it?

They will have to make it more clear now about how much of an overlap does a car trying attempt a pass have to achieve in the braking zone?,the Massa hairpin clash was maybe a little ambitious and borderline but still its a racing incident with both parties continuing on,Maldonado is clearly a donut rookie that should be penalised and spoken to about how to avoid being such a donut in the future.

why is evryone on hamiltons case massa turned in on him and so did Maldonado massa should of done what hamilton done when shumi got him

The thing is, if we look at the incident from the other way around, say Maldonado was the one making the move, we would all say "Pastor you're such a rookie, you could never have passed there", just because it was the "great" Lewis Hamilton, it can never be his fault. It was his fault, as for the two incidents with Massa aswell.

Even Brundle is questioning his mindset on the BBC site and he is normally so blinkered towards Hamilton. Hamilton needs to be very careful, he might have tacked on the reference to Ali G but there is a saying "never a truer word said in jest" and it makes me wonder if he really does have a chip on his shoulder about perceived racism.

The thing is, if we look at the incident from the other way around, say Maldonado was the one making the move, we would all say "Pastor you're such a rookie, you could never have passed there", just because it was the "great" Lewis Hamilton, it can never be his fault. It was his fault, as for the two incidents with Massa aswell.
Well said, i don't care how good Hmailton is , he should know full well taking that corner side by side with another car gurantees contact, whether it's big or just a tap it will most likely happen.

Hamilton didn't have the mindset for this Race, i think the pit has defiantly upset him, but what he said is true, the pitcrew was not out waiting for him even tho they told him to pitbox..... Hmmm

i cannot judge the incident in the Tunnel, that is a whole new matter altogether, im upset the BBC didn't show the onboard footage through the tunnel from Massa & Hamilton, that tunnel is very dangerous, maxing your revs and turning there.

Well said, i don't care how good Hmailton is , he should know full well taking that corner side by side with another car gurantees contact, whether it's big or just a tap it will most likely happen.

Hamilton didn't have the mindset for this Race, i think the pit has defiantly upset him, but what he said is true, the pitcrew was not out waiting for him even tho they told him to pitbox..... Hmmm

i cannot judge the incident in the Tunnel, that is a whole new matter altogether, im upset the BBC didn't show the onboard footage through the tunnel from Massa & Hamilton, that tunnel is very dangerous, maxing your revs and turning there.

Thats not in BBC hands. :)

why is evryone on hamiltons case massa turned in on him and so did Maldonado massa should of done what hamilton done when shumi got him

Yes, I agree with the Massa incident, you could see from the aerial view that Massa turned fractionally early to try and close the door. It looked very clumbsy them both going around stuck to eachother though lol!

:rolleyes:
So you rather watch a race were a driver just literaly gives his position to the driver behind him because he is quicker?
Lewis did the right thing to be this aggresive but there were moments were he took the wrong desision and there were moments were the driver Lewis was trying to overtake should have just let go or be less defensive.

Yes. Cos that's absolutely what I said.

/end sarcasm

:rolleyes:

With both incidents (massa and maldonado) i think it was just bad luck! From lewis's point of view on massa... Give any competetive or world class driver a sniff at a over take and what happens is this incident! Massa gave the invite, saw it late and closed the door. Hamilton wasnt alongside massa during the move... The move hamilton made was basically saying to massa... Right ok im going up the inside!!! Your call if we crash! Massa desided he would rather lose a bit of body work other than concede the position!. Hamilton had to yeild to schumi in the same manner on the opening lap!

With the tunnel it was all about the drive out of the previous corner, plus im assuming hamilton used all his kers and slipstream to get the inside line for the corner in the tunnel... Again at this point massa could have lifted the throttle to live another day... But he was trying to hang it out to stay on the inside for the hairpin... He got on the marbles and went out.

Maldonado was pretty much the same incident although maldonado did turn in alot earlier than normal this causing hamilton to effectivly completely cut turn 1 to avoid the williams.
Both racing incidents for me, but yes both were avoidable! I dont think this would happen at any other circuit... Its kinda unique to monaco where you can be over 2 secs a lap faster and not be able to pass! But you have to try right? Thats when these crashes or incidents can occur.

I'm not a massive Hamilton fan, however I will say that the contact at the hairpin with Massa was Lewis' fault, the tunnel was Massa, he should've just given up. As for the incident with Maldonado, I'm with Lewis. He was more than 50% alongside and Pastor should've given him room

That being said, it does not excuse his comments in the BBC interview after the race, and I hope he gets done for bringing the sport into disrepute

After all, the one on the inside has the priority on everyone else. Isn't it?

No, and it's attitudes like that which result in some of the incidents we saw today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back