2011 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time, Massa gets the penalty for contact with Hamilton. I don't know about this; Hamilton was alongside Massa approaching Turn 5, then started to back out of it, then went for it. Massa probably got the penalty for closing the door on Hamilton.

Anyways, bad luck for Massa as he broke the suspension on the kerbs in Sector 2 again.

IMO it seemed like Hamilton was breaking earlier to give MAssa some space into the corner but Massa in the other hand drove like Hamilton wasn't there. IMO it was more of a race incident then a penalty worthy one.

Well, this track has some stupid closing corners, full of dust beyond the racing line on top of that...

Many times a driver couldn't pass because the track would close on him preventing any clean passing... That kinda happened to Hamilton...

Massa, well he couldn't really give that much space or he would have got in the dust and spun...

The move itself wasn't really bad, and Massa couldn't give space because the track was dusty and the corner tightening in...

But the thing is, and that's really annoying, Hamilton getting in trouble again ! And with Massa on top of that... That's where it's wrong...

Given the number of incidents between Hamilton and Massa and the overall number of incidents Hamilton was involved in, I am of the opinion that their general approach to battles on the track needs to be re-considered.

I often hear the argument that 'a race driver has to go for a gap, a race driver needs to try and use every chance for a pass that they are being given' but the question is: Does that really make you do any good?

As I see it, both of the drivers would have been much more successful if they had reacted a little wiser or at least a little more defensive at times (especially Hamilton, as he was mostly the one to try and initiate a maneuver.

Regarding the aspect of entertainment: No I don't find it entertaining to see stupid moves at all.

And really, I can't stand that "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." crap that Senna fans just doesn't stop using !

Sometimes you have to use common sense... Yes, maybe there's a gap, but is it really a good idea to get in there ? Sometimes it isn't and it's what people should learn to think about !

I'm not saying Hamilton did wrong, the dusty surface prevented Massa to give more room aswell as the corner getting tighter on exit...

I would put this one as Massas revenge, he wasn't going to let Hamilton pass and possibly he thought that if they do make a contact, Hamilton would get the penalty as a default. So, stewards played that game well. You can't turn in if someone is already there. The fact that there was a lot of dust is irrelevant at that point.

All in all, not a classic but still i give this one 8/10 even thou i fell a sleep at lap 10... I was just tired and the race looked like a no-thrill at that point but i woke up at lap 36 and all kinds of stuff had happened by then. Fortunately i watched the race in iPlayer and not live so i could just rewind... :)

Poor driving from Massa really. Hamilton was pretty much fully alongside (his front wing was along side Massa's front wheel) and Massa could see that as he looked in his mirrors several times before deliberately turning in as if Hamilton wasn't there. Massa fully deserved the penalty.

I think his attitude has been rather poor these last few races and I believe he is purposely trying to cause incidents with Hamilton to get Hamilton in even more trouble. To be honest, I look over a lot of his other races and he is often the one getting involved in silly mistakes or spins or crashes.

Massa's fault, fair penalty considering other drivers were penalized for similar mistakes, but for me this things should be considered racing incidents.

Great drive from Vettel, Button and Alonso (I missed the start this time so I'm not judging that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back