2011/2 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great racing in RDTCC...

Qualify: Not a clean lap but good enouth to get P1.

Race 1: I start very bad and loss a couple of places in first turn... I try to recover the first posicions in the first laps and i achieve P1 in lap 4 or 5... In the final of the race the car was a disaster with slicks in the wet, but this is a problem for all the drivers... Great P1 in first race.

Race 2: Starting P8, i try to recover some places in the first lap...i did it but in the lap 2 i commited a error of touching smothly the car of Mika...My apologies to you mika...

After this in P2 i drive to catch my teammate Hugo and in the final was so close...Great battle with Jimi for second posicion too...

See you all next round

Miguel Neto

I would have liked to put a posative post up about what a great race we had tonight, but unfortunately I cannot bring myself to do a report in the scheme of things now.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon. You will be greatly missed

yup...horrible crash...first when i look i think more driver die.....but on the other hand when u see all crashas from Dan ...some even worst..i mean look very bad like this one...

and he walk away...shame...

Thanks for a gréât évent, everybody.

Managed to get home just in time after a dining-party at my daughter’s school. Logged in and got thrown out with the messege ‘ mini-dump’. Murphy’s law ? Had to reboot and slipped back in the game through the keyhole, at the end of the superpole. It was a matter of seconds.
Had to start last because I had had no time to quali, but happy to be there nevertheless :).

Race 1 : did an early pitstop to get wets. Tyres got a bit too hot because the track wasn’t wet enough. Rain started to come down just in time to cool them of again. Had to come back from 22nd. Finished 15th, I think. Just behind my teammate Dan :tongue:.

Race 2 : Tried to keep up with Joakim and Keith but had to let them go. In the end Dan started to breath down my neck. Managed 12th I think.

Did love the strategic factor. Looking forward to the local weather I have to live with, day in, day out, in Spa, next time :cool:.

Thanks RD

this was hopefully my bad weekend for the RDTCC..

i did not have had any practice on wet, so that not the best preparation. I had trained also for the 10H of Sebring RDLMS. I have some troubles to shift between RACE07 FWD and Rfactor RWD :)

1st Qually i had drove a top5, knowing that my time could be better i was confident for q2

Q2, i messed up. Made mistakes and forgot to reduce fuell so i drove with 40l in the tank...P10

Race 1. My worst start ever. Lost about 4 places before Turn1
My racepace on dry was well and i could manage to drive to p7.
Hugo had a moment with Butcher. Hugo waited for him in the middle of the track ( raceline ) and a crash was the result.
Susp. demage and lost 6 places.
The car was very bad when i was a wet track, and i lost places to hugo and robert. Robert had a sung to the grass and when he came to track we had an incident which spun my car again
Behind babacan i had trouble with his lag. Emil was coming on his wet-tires. With championship in mind i was hoping to stay infront of him, but that was an unequell battle. P10 was my finish

race 2, bad start again... :(
Lost 4 places before turn one, but i overtook many places the first lap ending p5 just behind Neto and Emil on my tail.
Emil was faster so i did not take long for him to take my place, but not withou a fight :) we exchanged alot of positions. Mealy due to mistakes of Emil. Emil overtook Vuckovic and i just could not do that. Emil made a mistake a the las lap and we 3 battled for P4 wich i loose and Vuckovic just won :)

Thank you all for racing again. I'll start preparing soon for the last race :p

Apologies are of course accepted Miguel, contact during racing sometimes do happen :wink:. Of course I'm disappointed that i couldn't finish this nice/fun race, and that i probably lost a hand full of points cause of what happened, but when i see or feel that something is not made by purpose it's all in racing and it's fine by me :wink:. I really thought that i had control over my slide after contact, but as soon i tushed the grass i become a passenger, as i high speed corner it is the impact was heavy and as they say in game "damage is not repairable, race over". Extreme weather was extremely slippery and fun, seams to soot me quite nicely i did have a grate first race that's what i will remember :redface:

We think we have found the issue finally, race 1 results are now correct point-wise, the qualy results are still a little bugged but think we have that issue too :)

Its late now so I will upload the full results tomorrow.

After spending several hours yesterday and today for this I came to the conclusion I was a bit over excited when I typed above post.

All rounds are uploaded in the league system, and so far I can see the points results are ok. However, we still do have problems with the correct qualification results. The points distributed to the poleman are secured, I did this manually as we are not able to upload the qualify laptimes in the correct order.

When setting up this league we decided to go for a 2 run qualification system, which is great to have, but not thinking deeper into the problems we would face for the results. The result files we receive from the server are not very friendly to support this kind of qualification system and it is undoable to do it manually. First of all it will take a lot of time to get the right order of Q results and next to that we still can't make it perfect due to the 2 Q files that have to be merged into 1.

This is something we have overlooked at the beginning of the league, unfortunately I have to admit that we can not get the correct qualification order into the league system. Hopefully you can understand the situation.
Only the qualification order is affected. The point distribution, including the poleposition points, and race results are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.8%