• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

2010 World Rally Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Lee Downham

Lee Downham

Ratings:
    +1
    Wanted to go along to one or two stages myself this weekend, but life has a habit of getting in the way eh??! :rolleyes:

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +199
    Ogier :thumbsup:

Bit annoying there are only 6 good drivers in WRC, rest are quite garbage to be honest. Bring in Kris Meeke from IRC :)

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,092
    Awesome onboard footage of Raikkonen

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    Kimmi is starting to adapt well to Rally driving, he may be quite competitive overall very soon.

5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Ratings:
    +199
    He looked quick but still not as quick as Ogier or Loeb attacked that stage, he still has some catching up to do but he's getting there.

6. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone going to make it to the Race to the Clouds this year? I plan on going with a few friends/family. Would be great to see some of my fellow local track-mates there as well!

Rhys Millen is planning on taking back the Unlimited class record his father held in the early 90s that was beat by Nobuhiro Tajima in the late 90s. Rhys' car looks pretty freaking sweet and LOOKS like it can get the job done.

If anyone plans on going, send me a message and maybe we can meet up!

Also, if any of you know a good place to watch from let me know. This is my first time there and I dont know where the good spots are.

http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc

7. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    The two 4WD Unlimited Class cars.

There's also a local guy entering the Unlimited class(Anything goes) in a 2wd car. I'm excited to see what it looks like and how he does.

Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima
    [​IMG]

Rhys Millen
    [​IMG]

8. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +770
    I bloody love the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. The cars are so mental they need straitjackets... :D

9. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like someone needs to buy a plane ticket :p

I see the mountain every time I drive to work, and I never fail to go "whoa" when I see it and imagine why someone would want to drive up it at a million miles per hour.

10. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +18,092
    Read more at Autosport.com

11. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
    Hmm i will try to sign up as their driver. I'm very experienced on driving Minis on dirt, grass and gravel :D

Really surprised to see this. I have never imagined a Mini car competing against those Citroen and Ford Monsters. Will be interesting :)

12. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Cool, it won't be as sad to watch when there are as much as 3 (three!) manufacturers :o

13. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Ratings:
    +199
    I doubt it will compete up top. I think it will be like that Suzuki Swift that was in it a few years ago. Just getting the odd 7th or 8th place. I still think they will finish higher than Raikkonen :D

14. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
    The iconic MINI name will return to the World Rally Championship stages next year after its parent BMW group announced a multi-year comeback for one of the most charismatic names in the sport’s history.

From 2011, MINI will compete at selected rounds of the FIA World Rally Championship and will go on to contest the entire season from 2012 onwards. BMW says this involvement is planned ‘for several years’.

MINI’s first-ever World Rally Car will be based on the new Countryman production car and is being developed in partnership with Prodrive - the British firm which masterminded Subaru’s WRC programme from 1989 to 2008. The car will be fitted with a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder turbo-charged engine from BMW Motorsport.

100727_mini_countryman_wrc.jpg

More can be found here

15. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
    Do you think Mini can compete against Ford or Citroen, no i think. But maybe next years hopefully. And also i hope they will have a nice looking car. Unlike that picture :D

16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,397
    Interesting. It's good to see other manufacturers showing an interest in the sport.

17. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,771
    The article says it has a 1.6 l engine. Does that mean it's one class below the 2l Ford and Citroen? Who will they compete with?

18. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +18,092
    I thought in 2011 all WRC and WTCC cars will drive with a (turbocharged) 1.6 liter engine. But I can be mistaken.

19. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,771
    Ah thats right Bram, I've heard something about that. Best of luck to the Mini team then!

20. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
    Also team will be Prodrive's. They have lots of successes with Subaru. It seems David Richards completely give up entering F1 :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.