2009 World Touring Car Championship

yeah! so i wondered into our local Vauxhall/Chevy dealerships new show room and found they have a WTCC chasis. Whats even better is they have it rigged up with race07! :good:

done a lap of monza myself but real pain with it being in novice setting and no working gear shift. but the kids had fun. its my youngest in the photos.

Attachments

• IMG00003.jpg
    IMG00003.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG00007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 217
I think it would be cool as there would be a race in australia aswell, its a world championchip so why not, remember from race driver 3 that australia has very nice tracks what will defenatly suit the wtcc :)

• Josh Healy

Australia has some of the best circuits in the world...
Bathurst
Eastern Creek
Phillip Island
Barbagallo
Adelaide street circuit would be a great one :)

• Josh Healy

The V8s run there, and the WTCC cars are smaller then those :)

• Wido Rossen

Chevrolet has completed their test with the new Cruze-model at Estoril. Nicola Larini was behind the wheel of the Cruze and was pleased with the test.
“In three days we have experienced everything: sunshine, rain, hail and fog! This has somehow affected our programme, but on the other hand allowed us to test the car in all track conditions and to complete some reliability tests as well," said Larini.

wtcc09012401.jpg

The team tested different suspension setting and a new gearbox from renowned X-track. The team reported no problems with the new parts.

"There have been no major hiccups and we were able to gather very useful information,” he said.

Next up for Chevrolet is a test at Valencia in Spain at the end of February where Larini again will drive, joined by team mate Alain Menu.

( source TCT )

SEAT president Erich Schmitt officially confirmed that the SEAT Sport team will compete in the 2009 World Touring Car Championship with the same five drivers they had in 2008: the new world champion Yvan Muller, Jordi Gené, Tiago Monteiro, Rickard Rydell and Gabriele Tarquini.
The announcement was delivered yesterday in Barcelona, during a gala in which SEAT Sport celebrated their victory in the 2008 FIA WTCC Drivers' and Manufacturers' championships.
"Competition is very important to our brand and I am very proud of the successes achieved by our team. I would like to thank Jaime Puig and all of the drivers because the magnificent teamwork they performd last year was the key to our success. I am pleased to announce that SEAT will defend the world championship titles with the same team and the same drivers," Erich Schmitt said.
During their winning season the five SEAT Sport's drivers and SEAT Netherlands' Tom Coronel collected twelve victories out of the championship's twenty-four rounds and five pole positions.

Source: fiawtcc

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies