2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed emotion about this. Had the pace to keep up with leaders, could do high :21s with full tank so was really happy. Then 2 slip ups on the fast left near the end of the lap that had not happened to me in a weeks practice. So unhappy! Having said that, I really like this track best out of all we raced in this league and loved every minute.

Congratulations to Simon for another brilliant win and the title, well deserved.

• Ignacio Genta

Hi Yoeri,

Sry for my ignorance but... what is "00 of G"?
And...how can I know the pass?

Txs and sry for molesting.

Well first off, congratulations Simon and Peter for your excellent performances this season sharing the race wins at all the circuits and to Simon for the Championship win.

It's been a very enjoyable start to my League racing and I've improved a lot overall since I started racing with you guys here at RD.

My season got off to a dreadful start at Knutstorp and I was ready to throw in the towel as I didn't think I was good enough to race in the league. I managed to sort myself out and since the 2nd round I've been in the top 7 in the remaining 6 races which is more than I could of hoped for. If anything in these last couple of rounds I've made a couple of silly little errors on the opening laps that have stopped me from challenging at the front. At Zandvoort I qualified 3rd for my highest start, but caught the grass trying to pass Simon dropping down the field and having to fight back and running the same pace as the front runners, but 20+sec back. Unfortunately it was a similar story at Mantorp to.

Qual: 7th

Poor lap for me. Pushed too hard in the chicane and the second to last corner running wide. Fortunately for me it seems quite a few of you guys didn't qualy as well as you would of hoped which stopped me from starting further back!

Race: 5th.

This turned out to be my second busy race in a row.

Got away poorly, but managed to hold off the challenge from the car behind into T1. Managed to get a run on Bob Miley to move into 6th and then upto 5th as Peter ran wide onto the gravel at the end of the back straight. Then my unexpected error came a corner later. Entering the braking zone into the right hander b4 the pit entrance the back end stepped out and I hade a half spin onto the grass. This dropped me down to around 11th - 12th. This was going to be Zandvoort all over again:silly:!

I got onto the back of Wido and just like the last time I was behind him he proved to be a tricky customer to get past. We also closed on Keith and it became an exciting 3 way battle, but also a time consuming one. An error from Keith allowed me to escape and set my sights on Hansi running in 6th. I chased him down, but once again just like our battle at Brands Indy he was unwilling to hand the position over. We also started to close quickly on Jamie as his tyres went away and they both pitted on lap 18 (I think). I decided to run another lap or 2 to try and leap frog them as I felt my tyres were ok, but as soon as I started to lean on them a bit the tyre wear suddenly appeared worse than I'd thought and my plan had gone out of the window. I pitted 2 laps after them and as I came out Jamie had already gone by and Hansi blew past me as I rejoined the track:neutral:.

Again I closed on him and battle again commenced. Fortunately an opportunity soon came and I was past and 5th place became my target. I closed on Jamie quite quickly, but getting past him proved to be a different kettle of fish. I tried everything I could safely think of to get by and Jamie just wouldn't have it. Some excellent defensive driving from Jamie and it got to the point that I thought I would still be there at the finish. I tried to make a move down the back straight again and Jamie covered the inside. A couple of laps earlier he had done that to great affect so I didn't think anything would come of it, but this time Jamie just braked a little too deep and I was able to switch back to the inside and nip past:sweat:. During our battle we had been matching the leaders pace and once I had a clean piece of tarmac I was able to run a little quicker, but by now I was 25 seconds behind Simon. Took it easy on the last lap as the tyres were starting to show signs of wear again, but a very satisfying 5th.

Very pleased that towards the later half of the season I was closer to the quick guys. I'm not good at doing a super fast lap which is letting me down in Qualifying, but I have good consistant pace in races which helps me work my way up. Hopefully one day I'll be able to make a bigger challenge to the likes of Simon and Peter etc.

4th overall is probably a little flattering as Bram and Ross were missing for a couple of races, but I'm happy with my season.

It's been a great introduction to league racing for me. I've had the pleasure of some great battles with you guys during it and I've learnt a lot from all of you.

Thank you RD for making these leagues possible and I hope to be taking part again soon.:act-up:

Oh p.s.

Well done Mark for your 2nd place. Great performance mate. I know you've been unfortunate at a couple of meetings like Falkenberg and it's great that you managed to get a good run here:good:.

It was a bit of a unlucky race for me :(
I started from pole but I did not have a good start. In the first lap I made a mistake while trying to overtake Simon, and I was back to P5.
I had a good battle with Jamie and when I passed him a few laps later the gap to the top 3 was about 4 seconds. I slowly closed the gap and I was right behind them when I made my pitstop.
After the pitstops I was in 2nd behind Steven.
He made a little mistake in the chicane and I was close behind him on the long straight.
A backmarker let us pass, but he forgot to brake in the corner and hit the back of my car, which made me spin in the gravel and also a bit of damage.
I was back in 4th after I came out of the gravel with a gap of 5 seconds to P3 and 10 seconds to P1.
I could not do anything in the last laps, the tires were not good anymore.
I came a bit closer to Steven in the final laps, who lost a few places because of tire wear I think, but the gap was 3 seconds at the finish.
Grats to Simon for the victory this race and also for the victory in the championship!

• Theo Loonstra

I have to apologize to you Bob Luneski for hitting you really hard but I lost control of the car when I hit the gravelpit a bit and the car smashed into your side.
I'm very sorry for that m8.

The backmarker that hit you Peter was me and although the replay may suggest that I didn't brake I was on full brakes.

I just didn't had my day yesterday the made too many mistakes and when I finally got my act together it was already too late in the race.
I did enjoy the last part of the race when I got lapped by Terry Harmer and I was able to pull myself with him around the track.

Firstly big grats to Simon Trendell on becoming out latest Touring Car Champion…well done mate.

Also a big well done to all that competed in the league as it was really fantastic to be part of it.

I was a little worried about this race as seeing the times the guys did in the pre-season test I thought I would really be off the pace. In practice I saw that I was actually quite near the pace and probably changed my mindset towards the race. J
Qualify:
I was really happy with my qualy time and did not really expect to be in the top 5 but managed to park it on P4.

Race:
I had a really good start and was able to hold my fourth position. At the end of the strip Peter ran wide and this let me through in to P3. I was able to run with Steven and Simon and just kept my ground as the two of them were having quite a battle with each other. There fight almost gave me a passing opportunity on two occasions, but I could just not make them stick. Our three way battle went on for 16 laps and with Peter closing all the time I started to get a little worried. Pitted on lap19 and came out in fourth position and was about 5 seconds behind the front three. A few laps later I saw Peter off the track and I hade P3. I started to push as hard as I could to close on the front two and slowly caught up to Steven who I think was having tyre problems. Managed to past him and came home in P2, my best league result here at RD. I
I achieved my goal in the league by finishing in P5 overall.

I have now done two leagues here at RD,namely RDNGP and the RDTCC and now would like to do a GT league.

Thanks again to RD for this league and once again well done to all…J

• Wido Rossen

Woohoo:good:.

Desperate to get another league under my belt:drool:.

It's a pity the field seemed to shrink during the season though:struggle:.

Thats the story of RD it seems.
Every year lots and lots of peeps wanna join a league and when they have some bad results or something like that they never show up again.
Luckily the die hards always show up.:fwd:

It's a real pity especially when you think of all the effort you RD guys put into these leagues.

I got off to a bad start, but I was committed to running this league and even had to get a babysitter in for 3 of the races :)

I will do the same for the next league I enter. Obviously absences are going to happen for everyone with a life outside including myself at some point.

Sorry to hear that Eckhart. Hope you get it fixed soon.

What sort of times is everyone running around here. Just did a few laps to learn the track and managed a 1.21.9. Just curious - I figure I'll end up in the bottom half of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back