2009 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group 4:

What a race! Best qualy so far (7th), I was pleased, I was doing ok :) Then the race. I made a dreadfull mistake in calculating my second load of fuel and during the second stint I realised I was about two liters short! A crying shame, as I was running 6th at the time. At first I thought I maybe could make it by going on eco-drive, but no such luck, the car behind (Eckhart I believe) was gaining to quickly. No choice but to pit again, result: 9th... :( But what a great experience again!

GR 3.

Nice race...and nice fights..sorry LULIU for touch..little touch but disaster for you..i stop and waiting to pass me but you say GO ...thanks...it was nice figt several laps..nice..and Manuel nice fight with you to..after few laps i found some little spot to pass you man..great defend like Luliu..it was nice race all...Hanyik and Coldrick gongrat. for 1st and 2 place..becouse thats fights i didnt have tyres for last 3-4 laps..finish with 40% :)))..i am hapy qualify 4 and finish 3 not bad for first time in group 3, nice race all and cy on track next weekend..

Sorry for the slow moving SEAT truck in group 1, I felt like a bumper car as I think nearly everyone tagged me as they passed, this wasn't helping my tyre wear!
After qualifying down the back I knew I was going to be a mobile chicane, couldn't get my brakes working correctly which is something I'm having an issue with in a lot of races recently. At the race start I stayed in formation and floored it out of the last corner which is how I thought the formation lap works, but coming to the start/finish line cars were everywhere and I just used this to my advantage, I went from 22nd to 16th (after the start/finish line). I did drop back to 19th once everyone got up to speed, then at half distance I checked my tyre wear and it was nearly 70% front 80% rear so I knew I could go the race distance. With choosing not to pit I did lead the race for all of 1 lap, but when I started losing positions it was a struggle. I tried to make sure I didn't get in anyones way and in doing so I got tapped and pushed wide quite a few times, this was putting me off line and costing me tyre wear. With 3 laps to go my front left was on 0% and my front right was 2% and somehow I managed to limp it home, strangely enough my rear tyres were 48% left and 52% right, if I could only stop at trackside and swap my front tyres for my rear tyres :)

Ma na ma na!!:bang:

Qualified 3rd and was a bit nervous on where to be placed on the grid with the bug on Donington in my head. Got to start 3rd:).

Marksu and Martijn was ahead of me and I tried to keep up with them and build a gap to those behind. I lost a bit of ground to those at the front, but when the tyres started to fade off I felt more like home. Car was brilliant! Gained on them and stayed out 2 laps longer than Markus, and one lap longer than Martijn just to spice things up. When I re-joined Martijn had a big gap, almost 11 seconds. I thought that he must have either driving to fast in the pitlane or gone for a special strategy. I started to gain more and more and eventually gained over a second per lap. I cought him on the penultimate lap and went for an overtake, but he defended his position. Out on the very last lap I got a good run on Martijn and we were side by side for a while, it was some great racing:doublethumb:.

Only 3-4 corners later we caught 2 Honda's that were fighting and it was sooo tight, but we both managed to squeeze through. Kept it together and finished 1st. That was a nice revenge from Donington!

Thanks for the racing tonight and see you next time!

• Roland Ehnström

Guys, check out the group 1 replay from position 1530 to 1570, riding in-car with Christopher Aponte. That is some nice door-to-door racing in front, do you think?! :bang:

Congratulations Rami and great racing Marcin! :doublethumb:

Great race that was...the short version is that my race pace would have been good for 4-7th place at least but a **** qually, traffic and some paint swapping here and there prevented that :cool:

During the race it was 55 min trying to get passed people hehe, never could do my own laptimes always chasing and fighting which was great fun lol.

Only 2 real dodgy moments which was one with Rickard...was faster and finally set the car up for overtake, I outbreaked him in the inside but he decided to steer into the corner anyway while I was there so little tap so he lost a few seconds there. Dunno if I should appologize or not for that but ye was annoyed to have that moment as I hate to see someone leaving track whilst fighting. Had like a dozen other moments where it all did work out, lots close racing.

The other one was me finally getting passed Andreas on the inside who was struggling but Yuri tapped me on the even more inside lol ...resulting in me overtsteering nearly sideways into Andreas and I lost bloody 4-5 positions at once ! Thats where I lost Tackman as I might have been able to give him a good run for his money as well and ye..that was that really. Some fun fighting till end though but man...being wee bit faster is one getting passed was somethign else lol. Really hard if you can't drive your own lines and pace nearly all laps.

Was all fair true Touring Car style fighting to be honest great fun. :cool:

Edit: And anyone making a replay will have their hands full lol...some super good and close racing all along the grid for 98% of the time hehe.

WWHOOOOoooooo :D

it was an awesome battle. I never expected to be so fast and have such a great battle.
Started 5th, hold off Andreas in T1, then passed 1 lap later I think passed that Chevy car and did my best....I noticed I was really really fast in the first laps.....faster than the guys up front so I wanted to challenge, but oh oh oh in one of the following laps, braking for t1....my right side clamp of my steering wheel lost the grip and with only the left side holding and steering wheel dangling, in that split second while braking I thought stop it and fix it or keep on trying to race and fix it while racing......option 2 sounded better :p
I fought a steering wheel in turn 1 to 4 to set it back in it's position on my desktop, then begin fighting again
I was freaking able to pass Roland....a sweet pass in T2 that he did not expected haha :D
but he gain back his momentum a lap or 2.....then nearing the pit almost had an incident with Marcin and Roland going sideways exiting final turn lol...
and then I just had to settle for 4 after the pitstop.......but damn that first half was an awesome awesome fight
congrats Rami and Marcin :D

mana mana :D
man i should keep preparing this way...less training = go faster :p

• Roland Ehnström

I was freaking able to pass Roland....a sweet pass in T2 that he did not expected haha :D

Not to take anything away from you, but I was actually bumped off-line after going side-by-side with Rami and had to lift because I ended up in the marbles where there is no grip at all (it's T3 by the way, T2 is the left-hander in the first S-bend). But it was indeed a great fight with you, Marcin and Rami in the first stint! :cool:

group3

quali:
I had only little time for making setup and practice. nailed p10 which was ok.

race:
I was very nervous in the early period of the race but got better and better.
I drove until lap 15 without pitting and was on pos. 3 then.
Then I made a huge mistake. Only changed front tires. man that was wrong :p
BTW sorry Dan I had auto-pit and the car left just in front of you. (couldn't do anything).
Then I left pits and there where about 5 cars just behind me.
Had no grip at the rear and a huge impact from behind (don't know who) didn't help either.
After that my car was almost undrivable. Sorry Danny gave you a little tab one time and waited.
Had to pit again to get new rear tires and was very far behind.

had some nice fights though but sometime was very aggressive driving.

hope I stay in gr3 and for a better race next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 403 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back