2009 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to RD and to NGP staff for organizing this league, seems it wasn't an easy task. Thanks also to all drivers for great racing. And especially, thanks to all my team mates, without them there would not have any Team France this season, especially thanks to Paul to have scored a great victory at Donington Park !

We're still seeking for our 10 missing points for S2, but anyway, let's hope S3 will be even better, with more people and reliable teams. :)

Thanks too all you chaps involved in this, not only but esp Ross of the Balfour clan, cos without you, this would not have happened ...
It has to be said I do totally love these cars, I just seemed to click with em from the first time I drove em ... and this league is a great idea, brought me together some people I didn't know prior to this event and I have to say I am a better person for it :)
Shame the season didn't quite get the response it deserved, lets hope you can fix that but I guess the schedule is the main problem (either too late or too early for some people).
Anyways ... had fantastic fun both this season and last season ... so lets have it ... bring on season 3!! :doublethumb:

Chose slicks for race 1, was very comfy, then it rained. Bad. Race 2 went for wets. Should have went slicks and changed to wets as it got worse, but what can ya do...

I tend to get aggressive when behind drivers (particularly when it's wet and I'm faster). Sorry for hitting you Lee, but I waited and you won in the end so fair deuce.

Hats off to whoever made this track so easy to cut :p

This was my first time at Singapore, done some praci and then entered the server to find night time, awesome, and raining, not so good.

Qualied in 16th place but due to Neil getting disco'd started in 15th. Decided to go for wets & made up 2 place on the start due to brilliant getaway and then a few more as others had their moments. All going well until I had a spin at T3 which dropped me down the order again. Got my composure back and went on the attack. Got a few more places back and finished 11th.

Race 2: Decided to crank on a bit more downforce as race 1 was a bit slidy. Before going out to the grid looked at the session forcast & it said damp track so I decided to go for slicks. Went to the grid & found it raining so I thought I had made the wrong decision. Starting in 11th got a good start but took it a bit 2 easy at T1 which lost me the positions I had gained but the car felt much better with the added downforce. Halfway round there was a bit of a pile up so gained somemore postions and was now upto 7th. By now I had Poland breathing down my rear wing and after a couple of laps he went for a T1 pass. This I yielded too but coming out of T3 I got hit by South Africa but to be honest, after looking at the replay, I was having a bit of a moment. This sent me down to 11th which at the time I was not happy about, so I got going again and pushed hard. After out braking myself I decided to pit early and get on to wets as conditions were getting worse. After my pitstop I was plumb last but I knew I could push hard for the rest of the race as the car felt good. After a couple of laps I came across one of the Romainian cars which seemed to be have some difficulty with the conditions. After a couple of mistakes by him I managed to put a pass on him before the double chicane. I now thought great push on and catch others when they stop. Just after the exit from the chicane I felt a knock and saw the Romainian car now in the side of me, this was the end of my race as the car took off towards the wall but I did manage to save it but by then I had enough and thought it best to quit out of the game.

Grts to Lee for wining the first race, wd mate.

Chose slicks for race 1, was very comfy, then it rained. Bad. RAce 2 went for wets. Should have went slicks and changed to wets as it got worse, but what can ya do...

I tend to get aggressive when behind drivers (particularly when it's wet and I'm faster). Sorry for hitting you Lee, but I waited and you won in the end so fair deuce.

Hats off to whoever made this track so easy to cut :p

You did wait and I sincerely thank you for that mate - most appreciated luckily no real harm done and I did go on to win ... but the knock was totally foreseeable and avoidable, especially as I had just taken 3 seconds out of you in less than half a lap - so excuses of you being faster don't cut the mustard on this one mate :wink:

Your car was quick when the slicks and seemingly low downforce was working for you, but if I may, I would suggest you tone it down a bit and have a bit more anticipation and patience dude ... so many of those knocks in that early part of the race could easily have turned into race-ending incidents for one or both of us, and then I might not have been so happy.

If you are physically able to brake later than someone else when there is nothing in front, it doesn't mean you MUST or even can do ... if you are going to cause contact then you can't brake any later than them unless a clean pass is on the cards

IMO following people without hitting them is as great, if not a far greater skill than driving quick or putting passes on folks ... anticipate what is going on: you see they are not as quick, you brake fraction earlier to ensure no contact is made and all is good - the gap you can usually pull back easily in the last part of the braking or squaring the corner and getting on the gas sooner at the exit - which is exactly how I passed you :wink:
I found to practice this its best to get on track with some mates and follow one another around (slow a little and wait if you gap them), and if you stuff it up, you giggle your butts off and start again, rather than annoy the hell outta someone for ending their race.

Mark and admins ... this is not a rant, but just trying to share a bit of advice and experience from a few things I have learnt whilst racing and from driving with many of my very quick BVM team-mates ... and it goes out to anyone who cares to listen and can do anything with this info, its not just aimed at you Mark but hopefully you'll chill a tad and become a bit less aggressive and a bit more patient with fewer knocks, cos it would have been far more fun duelling with yas if I wasn't always worrying about you spinning me out into the wall or barrier mate :wink:

For me, being able to trust those guys you are on track with and drive really close without any contact is a huge buzz and makes for the best kinda races ... and a great close race can be as satisfying as a win :cool:

guys we really need to know any suggestions on next year. We need to know what mod you guys want and changes on the format. We don't want to change things hoping they will work and people will like, we rather know they will like it and want it the most suitable for everyone.

From Team South Africa thank you Ross for putting this league together. Team South Africa is already talking to some hot SA drivers for S3 and we plan to mount an attack on the title.

Thx Ross, RD and all that assisted with this league.
Cheers.
Team South Africa.

LOL ... you didn't win any races tentatively or otherwise the other night though mate :wink:
(sorry, couldn't resist - I originate from The North [of England] where we drive hard, and dish out sarcasm with equal aplomb :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back