2009 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Martin van der Loos

i find it sad that the only reason for ecclestone to go to arab countries is the money.
all his reasons are not based on making the F1 cheaper and safer, its just all commercial value. Sad to see brazil go and now have to finisch the season in a sandbox with white dresses and a few camels. Anyway looking forward to next season and the fun tracks that are left.

GO VETTEL!!!!!

• Martin van der Loos

one more good thing is that BBC will broadcast again.......finaly i dont have to watch the dutch RTL7 with all there shitty commercials. (sorry OLAF)

All these efforts to save money by messing with the car regulations and there is an obvious saving staring us in the face right here...

Start at a point on the globe and set the calendar by running the races by travelling east!

Why start in Australia; head towards Europe (via Middle/Far East); return back to the Middle East; Return to Europe; return to Far East; head to South America; return to Middle East?

The travelling cost of the soap opera on four wheels must cost a fortune and not to mention cause hell of a lot of jet lag for the teams! So why not minimise it with a logical calendar?

I doubt it could work to miss the weather (could you imagine doing all the European races in autumn), but it would be great if Spa could be the grand finale of the season.

Totally agree - the last 4 races of 2009 are in a ridiculous order especially - they would be better off going to Abu Dhabi before they go to Singapore.

I understand why the European races are in the middle and why it probably wouldn't be a good idea to put 2 races like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain close together, and also why Australia is pretty much limited to a March date - but they could do 1 or 2 changes which would save a little on costs.

If weight will be so important, take a look at the teams:
Ferrari:
Massa 59, Raikkönen 71
McLaren:
Hamilton 68, Kovalainen 62
BMW:
Kubica 73, Heidfeld 59
Renault:
Alonso 68, Piquet 65
Toyota:
Trulli 60, Glock 64
Toro Rosso:
Bourdais (if he stays) 72
Red Bull:
Webber 74, Vettel 64
Williams:
Rosberg 69, Nakajima 65
Honda:
Button 69, Barrichello (if he stays) 68
Force India:
Fisichella 66, Sutil 75

Edit: I would have hard times there:D With 185cm and 84kg:D

Williams 2009!

Williams have become the first team to reveal what the 2009-specification front wings will look like after Jonathan Kennard shook down an FW30 chassis fitted with the new-style front and rear wings at the Kemble airfield today.

Clarification: Its the FW30 fitted with the new frontwing + rear wing

27262williamsf12009gb3.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72093

Frontwings look very conventional again like they used years ago, before the sharknoses came up.
But that rear wing looks really strange, exactly like Paul M. said, put it on a smaller car and it will fit..

BBC F1 Intro Video

Someone had made this on youtube and what a great job hes done. Thought I'd share this with you.

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5tygBFBC81w&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_42585[/media]

• Ian Landry

For now the look is very strange, but I'm sure that a few races into the season we won't even remember the 2008 look!

It does look like a throwback from the past. Look at this Williams... Look familiar?

Ian

Attachments

• Damon_Hill_1995.jpg
    Damon_Hill_1995.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling