2009 British Touring Car Championship

I don't think I've ever shouted at the tv screens until today. I was shouting like mad for Jelley to let Turks through, reallu surprised he wasn't let through in the first few laps.

Plato's move was optimistic to say the least but those 2 laps with Turks, Gio, Herbet, Plato and Nash were tense - some of the best footage of the year.

Would love for Turks to win the championship - but they both deserve it. Ideally Plato will qualify ahead of them at Brands Hatch - that way he'll keep out the way of the championship 2, as Plato is probably going to race for his life whilst he can still mathematically win it.

I have to say tho that Gio's move on Jackson was a bit srong, but Martin Johnson beating him to the line was a nice little ending as well

phew!

hearts dropped to normal pace after race 3!

fair bit of panelbashing going on. looks like things are falling into place for turks who will be a worthy champion. How he was not collected by Nash I'll never know.

Herberts getting up to speed but did we ever find out why in race 1 Neal was on the grass and ended up spearing him?

Seems to me the drivers who are in race for the championship (with the exception of Turkington) really went over the edge (read : way beyond) to make a good result. Plato with a ridiculous dive in to the inside of Turkington, and Fabrizio with the stupid maneuver on Matt Jackson. Ok, it's the BTCC :good:, but c'mon. Really would like Turkington to win it all now at Brands.

Oh yeah, just like Jon and Keith, I was jumping up and down and screaming for this race. Never have done that during any race I saw, if I can remember :bang:

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Gio, I think it was a plain old mistake rather than a 'maneuvre'.

I think Gio would be a more deserving champion this year more than any other year I've watched BTCC, he has man-handled a dog of a car which has had no development since the start of the year to the front of the field.

• Wido Rossen

BTCC 2009 - Round 10 : Brands hatch GP

Brands host the final round of the BTCC on 3th and 4th off October.

brands.jpg

Track Facts:
Length/2.30 miles
Number of laps/15
Distance/34.50 miles

Track record:
Qualifying: Dan Eaves (GBR), Honda Integra, 1m32.586s (101.87mph), set on 1 October 2005
Race: Robert Collard (GBR), MG ZS, 1m33.148s (101.26mph) on 2 October 2005

i personally think Matt Neal was aiming to t-bone Colin Turkinton (who was only 1 place behind Herbert) in race 1, pretty poor tactics by him. Colin is so consistent i think if he wins it this year then BMW should definately give him a chance to get in a WTCC car.

Gio's move was not reckless but did deserve penalty. please to see no more or less than Plato got for his move on Herbert at Silverstone.

Plato again, i do not feel was reckless both drivers were looking to maximise points and if a door opens they were looking to grasp it with both hands.

As for Neal aiming for Turks.... probably not, that would be a license loser if ever i heard of anything.

Farewell Vauxhall

Well its nearly time for us BTCC fans to say goodbye to one of the series most loyal manufacturer entries. Over the past 20 years they really have experienced the good and the bad side of the BTCC. Most of their success has come with triple eight and it will also be a farewell to them aswell as its on good authority that they're running cars in GT next year.

To celebrate the end of the manufacturer era in BTCC there will be demo's from old Vauxhall btcc cars at Brands Hatch also some old Vauxhall drivers will be there, including Yvan Muller, John Cleland and James Thompson.

Qualifying

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4050

01 Tom Chilton
ford.gif
1:33.159
02 Jason Plato
chevrolet.gif
1:33.180
03 Fabrizio Giovanardi
vauxhall.gif
1:33.183
04 Matt Neal
vauxhall.gif
1:33.367
05 Andrew Jordan
vauxhall.gif
1:33.415
06 Mat Jackson
chevrolet.gif
1:33.618
07 Jonathan Adam
bmw.gif
1:33.645
08 Robert Collard
bmw.gif
1:33.731
09 Paul O'Neill
honda.gif
1:33.752
10 Colin Turkington
bmw.gif
1:33.805

I hope Turkington will be the champion but clearly Gio has planned something else again. Will be very interesting 3 races tomorrow.

Ooh dear... Neal ahead on the grid for race 3 - this isn't going to end well is it? I can see him falling back down to just infront of the top 3 very quickly.

Like Plato, I was hoping for just 6 or 7 cars to be reversed, Matt Neal is going to be an intentional roadblock I think

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.