2009 British Touring Car Championship

BTCC 2010 rumour mill

Well with the 2009 season now over the rumours around 2010 are already rolling around.

Already ive heard these rumours but which do we think are going to actually turn out to be true.

Plato to race a Volvo or Chevy Cruze

BMW to enter as a manufacturer

888 definately leaving

Honda entering as a manufacturer with Team Dynamics to run 3 Civic's and still have 3 independant run TD Civic's

I can't wait because Steve Neal has said we'll definately know this week whether Honda are going to commit as a manufactuer in 2010. BTCC next year could see the biggest manufacturer showing in the past decade but it could also go the other way and show naf all manufacturers which would be a huge shame.

cruze is a nice option i'd expect to see the lacetti again though.

forgot volvo was due in too, that wouldn't be a bad shout.

bmw as manufacturer, would be nice but don't expect to see them.

yeah 888 leaving is what i heard too - shame really. wonder if anyone can stump up the cash to get them to perform an RML style deal...

honda with 3 + 3 from team dynamics again would be nice but i see that as an either or.

fingers crossed for manufacturer support!

BMW as a manufacturer would be nice, as its rumoured RAC are going to reduce their backing of WSR according to a post on the BTCC forum

Here's a few more I have heard, seen elsewhere:

RML will hopefully run whatever cars are not sold out of their 2009 Cruze, and 2008 Lacettis. If Plato stays at RML - Racing Silverline will probably remain. There was meant to be a meeting last Tuesday about Chevrolet involvement in the BTCC

Bamboo hope to run 2 lacettis (they are running 2 in the ETC Cup in Braga)

People from Ford were at BTCC Brands Hatch as guests of Arena - maybe greater involvement?

Reid would like a full-time return (maybe have him back)

James Nash skipped Brand Hatch to save budget for 2010

Matt Hamilton is aiming for a full 2010 programme in the (old) Honda Civic

I think its 2011 Rob, although I guess they could keep them for another year or 2 after that if its going to give another 4 or 5 entried until the second hand NGTC cars become available.

with S2000 being allowed to race with the NGTC cars its gonna become different class touring cars again because NGTC will be 2.0 turbo's so will definately be quicker

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back