2008 World Touring Car Championship

Good luck to those of you who are going to watch it live, I hope its a good race for you.

It would be nice to see a Priaulx win in race 2 maybe if he can get up to 7 or 8 in race 1. I'm not sure who I am going to tip for the race 1 win, as those diesels are so strong on a rolling start, and with them and Farfus close together on the grid you can normally guarantee at least one of them ending in the gravel or barriers. D'Aste has had a good weekend so far - I hope he can scrose a few points.

I normally do all the early F1 races and WTCC Macau, but I feel so tired at the moment that I haven't watched the last two F1 races live, and I don't think I can manage it for WTCC either at the moment, so I'll record it and get up to watch it at 9am.

I'll be staying up for Macau though, as I love Macau.

congratulationsnp8.jpg

Good Job , T.Coronel winner race 2
And Farfus,Good super clean battle,2 man very nice,

• Wido Rossen

T.C takes victory

Tom Coronel has bookt his first victory in 2008.
After a hard battle with Tiago Monteiro Coronel run in first position.
But Farfus came on strong.
Tom could hold him of with some help of a backmarker.

T.C RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wido Rossen

Where is that factory contract for T.C ?...........:peace:
He so deserves a factory car next year.

• Kyrill Verheij

Where can i see the race again? cause i haven't see the race :( and I wanna see Tom Coronel winning ^^

A well deserved win. He should have had a factory drive years ago.

I've just checked the FIA WTCC site, it says the results are provisional until they have checked the cars of Farfus and Tarquini, so Coronels win looks secure.

• Rob Prange

Well deserved win for Tom Coronel, kudos to him for putting on such a good show racing outside of both classes (factory teams & independents).

was some very good racing. i think i will watch it again tonight once kids are in bed. great result for coronel well deserved!

poor old tarquini though. needed to push and go for it but left with nothing. shame.

must say i loved the sticker on the bmw of mr p. Diesel only... lol!

• Chris Noble

grrr....a-holes of eurosport just shows the race on the 5th lap of race 2......so i don't know what happened the first 5 laps :(

I thought that was race 1 that had the 1st 5 laps missing?

My recording got all screwed up with the clocks goiong back dam it!

Got race 2 off the racing underground so all was ok :)

Tom Coronel vs Monteiro

Awesome battle for the lead at the Japan round of the WTCC between Tom Coronel and Tiago Monteiro...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0RwtJIxvq4[/media]

• Wido Rossen

The results of the penultimate round of the FIA World Touring Car Championship will remain suspended. This is due to the technical check of the front and rear hubs of Augusto Farfus' BMW 320si and Gabriele Tarquinis' SEAT Léon TDi. The FIA Technical Delegate has sealed the parts after the second race in Okayama.

A couple of other penalties were issued after the Japanese race: Andrey Romanov has been given a 30-second penalty in the first race. The stewards found the Russian guilty for the incident with Ibrahim Okyay. Romanov drops from 19th overall and 6th in the independents to 22nd and 8th.

Stefano D'Aste has been given a five place grid penalty for the first race in Macau. The penalty is because the clash D'Aste had with Tiago Monteiro in the second race, while fighting for third. The stewards found that D'Aste could have avoided the incident with more cautious driving.

I say..there are some penalty`s on the way....:yo:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea