2 GRAN PREMIO DE LE MANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... just WOW! that was a "one in a million absolutely everything went right"-race, that won't be repeated so fast. With the expected rain I decided not to choose a topspeed setup but a laptime setup in order to have sheer laptime speed. I mean... what do I care from 25th on the grid? ;) Starting on wet tyres (learned from the Spa desaster :D) it seemed to be pretty dry, but at the 1/2 formation lap dark clouds came across the track and I felt like "yeeha". Got a great start and immediately run in "aggressive mode" in order to make up places quick and don't lose too much time on the leaders. when I was around 6th place, the margin between the leader and me was already over 30 seconds and i never thought I could get the chance to fight for the victory.

but things went very well and my wet tyres lasted even better, so that i could totally close the gap to P1 until he pitted. I stayed out for two more laps, just to watch what the weather decides to do. after some blue sky the dark clouds came back and David told me, that the rain will be really heavy (dunno where he's got that from?). Anyway, wet tyres were again the choice to make and surprisingly I even stayed in front after the stop :)

from that on the gap was getting bigger and bigger to the other drivers and i could go from "aggressive" to "90% risk cruising mode" for the last 30 minutes. Though, I had a coming together with a backmarker approaching the chicanes at the end of the lap, but he was moving over into my "outbraking line" and there was already a decent overlap, so this time I can't be blamed for that but still feel sorry :(

one last shocking moment on my way to the last lap, only having 7.4 litres left in my tank... but the shock was very short because i had a one minute advantage and could easily save fuel on the last lap.

as I said... absolute perfect and a great delight after last week's desaster :) Congratulations to the other podium drivers and of course to David, who made nothing less than a GREAT team result stick!

Wow, that was a great drive, Michael. Congrats!

As for my race, that was the toughest round I've ever driven. I don't think I once found a rhythm (switching tires, odd fuel loads, brutal weather). Luckily Rick and myself made it through though.

Brutal drive there Michael!

It was a fun race to comment on. Alot of stuff happened and my voice just held up :D Grats Motor AG on a great result and grats TBR on a fine reult aswell! And grats to everyone else :D

PS: I apologize if I said some names wrong :)

Wow what a race, very very hard indeed. 1st time racing at Le Mans for both Ihab and myself so to just finish the race in very difficult conditions was very pleasing. After seeing the forcast for rain i decided to start on wets, which turned out to be a good choice! Stayed on wets at my 1st pit stop but track was drying out, tyres were very hot but thankfully the rain came down again. For me it was just try to keep the car in one piece and make it to the end. Apologies to someone not sure who it was but the blue flag warning came on and i could see a faster driver in mirror, i pulled over to let past but due to the spray i didnt see a second car so close behind, almost an incident but no damage done i think.Thanks for a great race and well done to the podium guys and everyone else who finished.

A little complicated to say everything in English, so I'll be brief.

Good surprise, when I see we are fast with Ludovic.
For qualifying I was ahead of Ludovic's time, he qualified fifth, unfortunately, I make an error of manipulation and i've burned my engine, but given time I think I can go back in the top 10 anyway.
But the selection of tires that I would make and a mistake during manipulation in pits ,will eventually complete my race (thank you rain, I do not recall even more how much stop i did to change tires).
At the end, I come back on the 18th and 17th, I would hope to take their places, but new error on my part (again adjusted my steering wheel) and I still burned my engine. SIC
Really disappointed I truly believe that we could have done better
But congratulations anyway at who have passed between the drops, grats podium ;)

watching the replay on my pc i come to the conclusion that i suffered from a broken suspension. had a little damage the lap before in front right and then under breaking the wheel just tilts slightly and cannot be steered anymore. In real life I would be bound for a wheelchair now, for sure. (went into wall at more than 200km/h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back