AMS2 1hr Ginetta G58 @ Jerez, Thursday 23rd Feb

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
ss222210.jpg

After a fun few rounds in the GT1s, the next few weeks of Thursday nights are going to play host to the way bigger brother of one of the Tuesday lineup, the Ginetta G58. The first outing is going to be at the semi-forgiving Jerez to allow everyone to get a decent feel for the car whilst it's not mowing the grass, but honestly, this thing drives like it's on rails and gently steps out when you give it a little too many of the beans.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: Racedepartment.com #2 - Thursday Ginetta G58
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 Fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Factory Defaults
Track: Jerez Moto (sans chicane)
Cars: Ginetta G58

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (60 minutes)

ss222844.jpg

Entry List
  1. GeekyDeaks
  2. Munkyboo
  3. Bas Kriesels
  4. Lizard77
  5. Reefabus
  6. T1MKO
  7. ABOE UK
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Sign me up Scott.
I didn't even know this car was in the game. As it was at the bottom of the other Metalmoro P1 cars.
Welcome Adrian! Yeah, I don't think we have raced this one at all. I'm not even sure we have touched the P1. The metalmoro ones are very basic and feel like club prototypes. The problem I had was that I couldn't really figure out which ones were similar enough to race together as there are both NA and Turbo, as well as some have TC/ABS and DRS, so it's a real mixed bag.

shamless spam again.....

@ABOE UK @Bhutch88 @Bjorn de Haas @Daniel R. @Des Bain @Eric S @Ernebro @Frobs @groy1980 @Guido Trampe @Jan Larsen @Jimlaad43 @jimortality @joeymac @Jochen Lenaerts @Kees Veenstra @Lracer @max1966i @PurgerUK @Raf Nix @Redvaliant @Reiche @some_race_driver @Stefan Hiller @The Almighty Snark

Any of you fancy taking a bit of no-nonsense yorkshire engineering around a fast flowing spanish moto GP circuit?

BTW, if it would help to start these events at 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET to align with the Tuesday events in future, let me know. I'm only keeping them an hour earlier to stick with the schedule Guido was originally using.

Results are up: https://simresults.net/230224-y0Z

Thanks for the race everyone! I was desperately trying to hang on to @ABOE UK for the first third of the race, then the rest of it was panic fuel saving after I did the sums until I realised there was no way I was getting away with one stop and then I tried to catch back up to @Munkyboo, but he proved to be the master of strategy in the end! :thumbsup:

Apologies to all that got caught out in the pits. I forgot to set a manual pit speed limit so it got set to the default for the track which was incredibly slow.

Really enjoyed these cars....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies