1988 Bathurst 1000

Scanning through the available car models for this game, I realized It's almost possible to recreate the 1988 Bathurst 1000. After going through the list of cars in the race, it seems only 3 cars are missing. So I might start work on creating this race. I'm no modder, but it looks relatively easy. I need to create a car class with all the cars and then create a custom championship. I'm not sure about adjusting the performance of the modded cars to balance the race a bit.

It's not that diffcult. Look at the SIM*.GDB files for how to combine cars into a set. I'd check out EEC, F1 Classics, and trackaholics for finding the cars you're missing. Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, so far it seems to be working. I soon realized that you couldn't actually do 160 laps of Bathurst. It turns out the game has a time limit of 3 hours, and no amount of searching could find me anyway to lengthen it. But 3 hours is pretty exhausting, so 60 laps will have to suffice. I also discovered that you need to stop and start the engine to get fuel, and much fun was had trying to figure that out. There is just a couple of minor quirks. The AI hits the wall at a particular part of the track, the Holden drivers are extremely aggressive and swerve all over the track, the whole field always seems to have a big traffic accident after the first corner at race start. Other than that, it's very fun trying to get past the slow cars and manage the pit stops. I am yet to make it to the end.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back