1981 Classic GP Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyrrell
A great day for the team, securing both titles. Didier did great this year to win his first title, if not for the retirements early in the season he might have secured it even sooner. Obviously the disappointment on Jody's side is big coming so close, but we'll sure that'll change soon and he'll come back even stronger next season.

Splendid job moderating Tapio, can't wait for next season :D

Last edited:
Shadow GP
Our season started so great with consecutive point finishes by Alain. But the 2nd half became a nightmare for the team. Countless reliability issues marred our progress. Also we had misfortunate problems with our engines as well.

Anyway, the team is extremely satisfied with Alain's efforts and we strongly believe that he is a future champion. Hopefully, Shadow will be back!

A huge thanks to @TTupsi for the awesome moderation.

((((PS: @kedy89 should be nerfed for the sake of Forum Games.))))

well.. at least neither Williams finished in the points too, so we got the 3rd place. But disappointing to lose a definite win 2nd season in a row :cautious:
PS: If you told me I would finish this season in a higher championship position than the last one, ahead of Ferrari, with my main driver winless, I wouldn't believe you.
PPS: I love those "XXX"s in the race coverage
Oops :D
I'll fix them later as I'm on mobile. Glad someone reads the summaries though!

Fittipaldi
We are so baffled by Patrick's performance this race it's unbelievable. And to get the win is just something special really.

We had a lot ups and downs this season with especially the amount of DNF's as the downs. Doesn't take away that this is the perfect way to end the season!

Congrats @kedy89 on the title and a big thanks to Tapio for hosting this incredible season. See you in the next one!:thumbsup:

Now that the season has concluded it's time to announce some things about the future of this series.

First off, there is no date set when (if) the series will continue. These three seasons have been wonderful so far, especially at the top but I've been rather disappointed with the number of AWOL managers. This year Renault, Ferrari, Lotus, Wolf and Osella have been missing decent management which in turn has decreased my motivation to carry on with the races. I have of course had much more going on than a year ago too (new job alongside my studies, the said short movie project which you can watch here!! [note, it's an experimental film in Finnish]), adding to the lack of updates.

So, for the foreseeable this series will take a break and wait for better times in terms of participation and my motivation.
I'm not saying this break will turn out to be like Mika Häkkinen's sabbatical but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. We will see in the future.

Big thanks for all the participants! :thumbsup:

as sad as it sounds, I can fully understand, as I experienced similar things too.
I hope this can continue, as the races are fantastic, and the championships have so far been quite exciting (and I do get some feeling Arrows will be better in 1982 :D)

Now that the season has concluded it's time to announce some things about the future of this series.

First off, there is no date set when (if) the series will continue. These three seasons have been wonderful so far, especially at the top but I've been rather disappointed with the number of AWOL managers. This year Renault, Ferrari, Lotus, Wolf and Osella have been missing decent management which in turn has decreased my motivation to carry on with the races. I have of course had much more going on than a year ago too (new job alongside my studies, the said short movie project which you can watch here!! [note, it's an experimental film in Finnish]), adding to the lack of updates.

So, for the foreseeable this series will take a break and wait for better times in terms of participation and my motivation.
I'm not saying this break will turn out to be like Mika Häkkinen's sabbatical but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. We will see in the future.

Big thanks for all the participants! :thumbsup:
Sad to hear that, but understandable. :(

3 of those 5 have disappeared from the forum I think, Andy and Joel seem to be online every now and then but don't show up anywhere.

Andy and Joel seem to be online every now and then but don't show up anywhere.
can confirm they're alive :D
I speak to them every day. Just I speak to Andy on facebook instead, he's sorta abandoned RD now.
Joel on the other hand is too busy at this moment to really commit to anything

Theodore
Not a bad first season for us, we planned to get out of lowest 5 teams on half season and failed. But we still managed to get 1 point and take 12th which is good. Now we will have to regroup and see how are we doing on financial side of things.

Congrats to @kedy89 for double title (is there any game where you don't win?) :D

Thanks Tapio for moderation of this game, I hope that we will get enough people interested so that this series continues in future.:thumbsup:

Ah well. Bloody Theodore got lucky for one race while we struggled with reliability, and we ended up far behind. However, Derek did a great job throughout he season, and Tiff did well to qualify in his second gp. Hans did bring us money and allowed us to recieve alot of sponsorship money but was pretty terrible. Thanks @TTupsi for hosting probably my favourite forum game, but it is sad to see it go.

McLaren
A shame today, from the start line it just was obvious it wasn't going to be our day. In the end, we can hold our heads high that we had a shot this season, we drove some great races and nailed some big results. But in the end, we've only managed second.
Congratulations to Didier and the entire Tyrrell team, you guys had the momentum in the end and made it work.

Back to real life, fully supportive of @TTupsi, moderating is always a hard gig and to provide us with such an exciting and fun game has been a real highlight for me and no doubt some others. Whatever happens, take the time to pat yourself on the back, you deserve it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for starting this wonderful series! Really hope that it will carry on in the future. Do def sign me up if you decide to start the next season @TTupsi !! Thanks for being a wonderful moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back