rF2 1980's IMSA @ Buenos Aires #15(Historic) - Fri 11 Feb 2022 *BA Trophy Rd 2/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We'll be back with normal cars again next Friday! :)
If i may speak for the little mazda... it was fine, just not for this track against this competition. Obviously, a faster driver would have better pace and be more competitive but because you have to push that much more in the twistes, the tires are going really fast!
Maybe a two class race is better overall. Dunno!
Thank you for hosting Ole!

This game isnt fair. I mean my engine just blows up from nothing. Water temperature was like 52 degrees. I think it is MOD issue i dont know. I didnt even pushing it because i was on comfortable 2nd place with Rudolf in front 20 seconds and 3rd behind me 30 seconds at the time when engine blowed up. :mad: I was with C2 Lola
You can have the healthiest of engines only for it to blow up all of a sudden because over revving it, be it staying on the red line for too long or downshifting real hard.

Anyways... Again my pitstop shenanigans swiped the rug under my winners feet, had to spend 90 sec(!) in the pits because I forgot to uncheck new tyres. So a comfortable lead ended up in a stressed out P5 but I managed to get back up in to P2.
Congrats finishers and especially @Jimlaad43 for the win! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If i may speak for the little mazda... it was fine, just not for this track against this competition. Obviously, a faster driver would have better pace and be more competitive but because you have to push that much more in the twistes, the tires are going really fast!
Maybe a two class race is better overall. Dunno!
Thank you for hosting Ole!

The Mazda is underpowered and very light, so it needs to be manhandled and abused through the corners, indeed.
I wouldn't be fighting with @Michael Rudolf at all if I were using the Mazda, but I was able to push it very hard.
Would probably run out of tyres though.

Well, two classes is the way forward, we are not enough drivers (yet?) to sustain three classes. But I do like the potential of different cars being used here. But it's very much down to driving style as well. It looks good.

Would also be a bit different if we ran longer races. Like in C1/GTP, the Jaguar is slower. But it lasts a lot longer fuel-wise, so just by doing a 60min race the C1's need to fuel save a lot, or pit, while the Jag can just go like normal.

Anyway. I enjoy hosting races when we have lots of drivers and even better when people are able to finish :) These cars, while I - and some others really love them, will not be used as often as they have now (December and Feb.).
I'll finish my February plan, but will return to normal classes and racing in March :)

This game isnt fair. I mean my engine just blows up from nothing. Water temperature was like 52 degrees. I think it is MOD issue i dont know. I didnt even pushing it because i was on comfortable 2nd place with Rudolf in front 20 seconds and 3rd behind me 30 seconds at the time when engine blowed up. :mad: I was with C2 Lola
Weird, weren't you in the Alba like me? My temps were between 70-80 all the time, had no issues at all

Ole, have you added anything to the server recently? I only get freezes online apparently, and only in rf2, apparently.
Check the gfx card. I had stuff like that when mine started dying. Had and still have to downclock it to work.
For me it started in ACC only but after a while happened in other games as well, took me a while to figure out what was causing it

A crazy race. Laptimes in quali at the very front were ridiculous, 1:38s for pole!
Kept close to Jan for the first half a lap before a silly spon in the middle sector. Fought back to second before sliding off into the gravel at the final corner 2 laps later. Got past Dastan and Maciej a lap later and then sat ~15s behind Magnus for the next 20 minutes until he pitted. I had a 75s lead over 3rd at that point so when I passed magnus it was a case of just keeping it on the track, especially when Magnus then emerged out the pits just in front of me, almost lap down.

Had fun chasing and catching up to lap everyone up to 3rd. Lapped cars behaved exemplary in this race, well done guys it was noticeable that you were all leaving space or being predictable at least. Sorry to the couple of C2's that I scared off at T3 and 4 at various points, but I telegraphed the moves very early so IMO I left plenty of space there.

Good fun and a first win on the Friday events for me! The lucky susmobile may be used again!

Yeah, good win Ed, well done :thumbsup:

I need to open the case and clean, see what happens. Then join an ACC race to test and finally do a complete race in rf2 testing online. That should reveal some errors I think. Do rF2 crash dumps get saved anywhere? Think I need to reinstall rF2, but damned if I dont have to.

Last edited:
I know the jag is under powered, but its a solid car to drive, just wish i had lenthend 1st gear, if i caught it on a down shif, a fraction to early it would lock the rears and spin, once i gave up on 1st i was much more consistent, can we do this meeting again next week

The Mazda is underpowered and very light, so it needs to be manhandled and abused through the corners, indeed.
I wouldn't be fighting with @Michael Rudolf at all if I were using the Mazda, but I was able to push it very hard.
Would probably run out of tyres though.
Tried it and was a lot slower in it actually. Don't think it comes close to the Alba on this track if you push that a bit as well

I need to open the case and clean, see what happens. Then join an ACC race to test and finally do a complete race in rf2 testing online. That should reveal some errors I think. Do rF2 crash dumps get saved anywhere? Think I need to reinstall rF2, but damned if I dont have to.

No idea about rF2 but check Windows event log, sometimes it can give a hint

Tried it and was a lot slower in it actually. Don't think it comes close to the Alba on this track if you push that a bit as well

Due to the straights, probably not. Then again, the laptimes from my onboard-videos are what I actually managed with racefuel and tyres. So I were about the same with them.

Then again, you were a monster with the Alba today. Holy banana!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back