rF2 1980's IMSA @ Buenos Aires #15(Historic) - Fri 11 Feb 2022 *BA Trophy Rd 2/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Club Staff
Premium
So here it is. The second round of the Buenos Aires Trophy. And we will go to the classic layout. The long layout. The one used back in the days where power was enormous, grip started to get good, and powerslide still could be utilized to something good. It will be a multiclass event to celebrate the 1980's IMSA.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IMSA

Car(s):

C1/IMSA GTP

C2/Lights

Gr.B/GTU
  • BMW M1 [STEAM]
  • Porsche 930 / Porsche 934 [STEAM]

Track: Buenos Aires [STEAM]
Layout:
Circuit no 15
Track Temperature: 24c
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day.
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 11 February 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (15 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up: 20:35 UTC
(5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (50 minutes)

SuzukaGP2009.eb685cbd12f2aaf4740e0294174ba80c.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • You do not need to nominate which car you will drive, but should specify in which class you would like to drive when signing up.

DRIVER LIST - Max 44 in total.

C1/GTP

1. Jimlaad43
  2. David Steinacher
  3. Xalfy
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. heyha1400
  6. Peevee88
  7. Magnus Dahlgren
  8. Maciej Strzeboński
  9. xoSx.Racing
  10. Colin Peach
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot

C2/Lights

1. Michael Rudolf
  2. ThreeLionz
  3. Redvaliant
  4. Dean Maković
  5. Herlev
  6. Jens Roos
  7. Arkoudadis
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot

Group B/GTU * Note - this is not including the Porsche 934-5*

1. Lennart Groessl
  2. SimApprentice21
  3. Edgar1996.10
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold
  5. Pauli Ahonen
  6. Free Spot
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot

utp# 122 OMM

Class Info/What Class should I drive in?
  • C1/GTP is the most powerful cars, they are not quite the early 90's Group C monsters, but cars with a lot of power, fairly good grip, but not really sophisticated. Can be pointy and hard to drive.
    If you are used to power, grip and feel most comfortable in such cars, this is the class for you.
  • C2/Lights. Is the most beginner friendly of the classes. Especially the Alba drives like an angel on this track. The cars are small, very light, so even with "only" 400-460hp, they are quite fast. The Rondeau is a bit trickier to drive, as it has less downforce and is a slicker car. The Mazda/Lola is the lightest and least powerful cars. They have better grip than the others in the class, but needs to be pushed to make use of that advantage.
    If you are new to older/classic cars, this is the class too choose.
  • Gr.B/GTU. This is the class to choose if you are not a big fan of downforce-cars, or like to powerslide a bit. They need a bit of practice to learn how to handle them, and how to not spin out every other lap. They are the slowest cars of the three classes, but are the only non-prototypes.
    If you struggle with downforce-cars and like mechanical grip. This is where you should race.
Worth noting. As usual with multiclass-events, points for the trophy will be scored per class. So a win in Gr.B/GTU gives the same amount of points as a win in C1/GTP.

In with C2 for now, might switch later when I‘ve done some testing

Hopefully you'll be joined by some drivers in the class. When I tested I was surprised on how easy (relatively speaking) the Alba was, and also how fun it was!
People may miss out on something if they just think it's "simple car for amateurs" :)
I will regardless join in the class with lowest amount of entries if there is one class that is less popular than the others!

Group b is the coolest class in dirt rally. So group b please :D

Haha, cannot fault that logic! With my driving style the M1 is less slidey and keeps the tyres better. But that's my driving.

In with .. IDK .. C1 most likely. But I'll also do some testing and switch if possible and if there are slots left :thumbsup: Never even driven any of those cars :D

I am very sure that there will be spots left. According to Corti who did the conversion, there are 44 grid slots and garage spots on all layouts. If we somehow get 45 entries, I'll sit out, and livestream the whole thing :p

C1 for now! I may switch later depending on practice :D.

Yessir! :) Probably wise to do some testing here. The cars within each class is a bit different, but the classes themselves are noticeably different as well :)

As expected! :D

C1 please :D

Not that expected! :p

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back