AMS2 1979F1 @ Silverstone Historic, Tuesday 6th June 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Oh, btw, I asked Bing image generator to do a poster of a Brabham F1 car in an 80s style and Skynet jnr came up with this:
Ramjam.jpg

A little reminder for anyone running the Release Candidate version to switch back to the Official Release for tonight otherwise you will not be able to join the server. It was about 800MB for me and only took a few mins.

So sorry for the punts @The Almighty Snark and @CK1249... :( After I went off a few more times I loaded up diview and noticed the pedal inputs kept 'freezing' periodically. Moving them to another port seemed to help, but I realised after that my PC has been on for the past 4 days, so I'm wondering if they just needed a reboot... I'm going to make sure I do a clean restart prior to racing from now on

Last edited:
Great car and track. I took these for a spin with the release candidate and the Lotus behaves like a completely different car especially (i did reset to default setup).
Last corner flat out and none of that wobbliness. Prob the fan car would be better too but didnt try it in either versions.

Last edited:
Great combo, thanks all for a good night's racing.

I also gave them a try with the RC. Found the BT79 just as fast but the Lotus was slower, more fun but not as easy to turn in. Didn't do many laps but excellent regardless of lap time.

Now Reiza hurry up with the full release. I also ran a few laps in the formula junior at Historic Kylami, it should make for a great race night, can we all run the RC in multiplayer?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.