AMS2 1979F1 @ Silverstone Historic, Tuesday 6th June 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
1979F1RD.jpg

This Tuesday we go all the way back to the 70s and the ground-effect F1 bruisers of the lotus 79 and Brabham BT49. The Something-For-Nothing downforce of the ground effect cars meant dollops of downforce at high speed and grip for the ages. These cars got better with speed and would hold onto the earth until physics and science cried "Enough!". If you'd like to explore the limits of 1970s F1 tech then this is the place to be.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Club Races
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Factory Defaults
Track: Silvertone 1975 (No Chicane)
Cars: Formula Retro G2: Lotus 79; Brabham BT49, Default Gen 2 ( do not choose the BT46B Fan Car)

1978preview26-png.531989
1978preview15-png.531986

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

ss141127-jpg.535909

Time Table
Race 1.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby
Race 2.
Qualifying: 20:05 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:15 UTC (25 minutes)

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. Munkyboo
  4. * CK1249
  5. PurgerUK
  6. Sanbone
  7. The Almighty Snark
  8. max1966i
  9. Reefabus
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Hi Daniel, thanks for organizing. Please mark me as maybe. I have a field trip with the kids and cannot say if I make it in time. Nice car choice.

So, these cars have been updated in the new Release Candidate, not sure if they'll be available before Tuesday in the actual update. Hopefully.

I'm seeing some posts saying that anyone with the RC are unable to join a lobby hosted by someone who doesn't have the RC. If the public release isn't available by Tuesday, do we want to ask everyone to use the RC?

If the RC isn'tupdated to full release we'll be using the last build. I'm on the RC and can't see the regular servers so I'll change back on Tuesday if it's still not released.

Hey Steve, added. I tend not to spam users as the races are always held on Tuesdays and everyone knows or should know about them from the forum posts. However, it is summer and #s are low at this time.

Am I correct in thinking the fan car means the Brabham BT49?
The fancar is the earlier 1978 BT46B not the BT49, which ingame, is actually a 1980 model. So confusing all these model #s. Anyway, the Fancar was too fast over a race distance for the other two original 1978 cars in the Retro G2 class. But through some short tests the gap has swung back to the ground effect cars - the BT49 and the Lotus 79 - which in my short runs were 1-2 seconds quicker, mainly due to how much easier they were to drive. Just to keep things simple, I only want to run the two GE cars and the generic 78F1 car (which is slower but now a bit closer to the two GE cars).

O&Xs.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back