rF2 1960s F3 @ Zandvoort - Thu 19 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I feel it in the second race, in the first corner, I do not know if I was responsible or not, in any case I'm sorry:(,in the first race I could not avoid accidents, I could not avoid:confused::confused::confused:,I had a lot of fun thanks for the event, very good cars:thumbsup:

I feel it in the second race, in the first corner, I do not know if I was responsible or not, in any case I'm sorry:(,in the first race I could not avoid accidents, I could not avoid:confused::confused::confused:,I had a lot of fun thanks for the event, very good cars:thumbsup:
Well, for all it's worth, you are forgiven. Would not be a race department event if I would not get pushed off track during the first few corners. I'm actually starting to believe that I am the common demoninator here...

@Matt Rosum As someone who often ends up off track in the first few laps (often due to my own actions, though), I was wondering what happened to you after reading this, so I'm looking at replay, and...Juan is talking about a different incident with a different person :) (And for what it's worth, the one involving you IMO wasn't your fault at all, even though you might've been braking a bit earlier than necessary.)

(Which also reminds me I wanted to upload my race and still haven't done so...)

Hmmm, rF2 updated directly after I closed the game and all my replays were borked. Sounds like your replays still playing ok though Martin?

Martin, thanks for clarifying. I did get pushed off track during that race in the first corner, but I did not suspect that the exact same thing happened to another car as well :]
Yes, I might have been on the brakes a little early...experience shows, that especially in the first corner, you better hold back a fair bit or the danger of mishaps rises a LOT. Not sure what the golden rule is in that situation.

@Matt Rosum I try to hold back in the first corner and during the first lap as well (even though I guess less than I used to), but honestly, no matter how much it gets emphasized that you don't win the race in the first corner or even during the first lap, most people still go right to the limit and sometimes beyond it as soon as the race goes green. Your incident was a perfect example of that IMO - completely avoidable if a bit more care was taken. (But I know we're not supposed to comment on incidents, so I won't say more.)

Martin, thanks for clarifying. I did get pushed off track during that race in the first corner, but I did not suspect that the exact same thing happened to another car as well :]
Yes, I might have been on the brakes a little early...experience shows, that especially in the first corner, you better hold back a fair bit or the danger of mishaps rises a LOT. Not sure what the golden rule is in that situation.
The Golden Rule never changes. If somebody disadvantaged you and didn't wait, you should send them a PM and a link to the replay (because they always claim not to have seen it), express your opinion and ask for their take on it. If they can't accept that they were in the wrong and apologise (and agree to adjust their approach in future), then you are entitled to (and I would encourage you to) take it to adjudication.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back