1906 Renault AK GP

Cars 1906 Renault AK GP 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Historic Sim Studios LLC submitted a new resource:

1906 Renault AK GP - Winner of the first Grand Prix

1906 Renault AK GP Features:
  • Nine paint schemes.
  • Custom accurate engine sounds.
  • Animated feet/pedals, animated handbrake, and animated shifting.
  • Animated water movement in radiator viewport.
  • Animated leafspring suspension.
  • Historically accurate white rubber tires.
  • Uses CSP's extended physics to better simulate engine wear and damage. Power reduces as the engine takes damage, at 50% damage a 2% reduction in power, at 90% damage a 50% reduction in power...

Read more about this resource...

everything seems fine but using the script to blow up the tires requires different settings. Since the car comes out of the pits heated to 80 degrees and the tire pressure exceeds 75 pounds.

You should make proper LODs by hand instead of employing Simplygon. You would have much better results.

And for the grills and car floor, please use textures only. You increase the amount of geometry otherwise.
For the floor, you could have used a normal texture for example.
350k triangles for a little car like this are a bit too much in my opinion, given what I just said above.

2023-11-07 212027.jpg

Then there are quite uneven geometry topologies. See below:
2023-11-07 212421.jpg

Honestly why did you make it so dense right here?

If you do use Blender, please use the various shaders built in to it, to check the reflections. Look, it should be smooth here:
2023-11-07 213219.jpg

Also, what's this?
Did you take it from a CAD model maybe? How could you mess this up so badly?
2023-11-07 214858.jpg

Edit: you got the model from CGTrader, didn't ya?
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/antique-car/1906-renault-grand-prix

I notice that you modified it a bit (wheel spokes, removed headlights).

You paid 15 $ for this? You know that you can't make big profits from mods, if at all, right? Spending 15$ for bad models like this will end your career very soon.

Last edited:
You should make proper LODs by hand instead of employing Simplygon. You would have much better results.

And for the grills and car floor, please use textures only. You increase the amount of geometry otherwise.
For the floor, you could have used a normal texture for example.
350k triangles for a little car like this are a bit too much in my opinion, given what I just said above.

View attachment 705873

Then there are quite uneven geometry topologies. See below:
View attachment 705874
Honestly why did you make it so dense right here?

If you do use Blender, please use the various shaders built in to it, to check the reflections. Look, it should be smooth here:
View attachment 705875

Also, what's this?
Did you take it from a CAD model maybe? How could you mess this up so badly?
View attachment 705876

Edit: you got the model from CGTrader, didn't ya?
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/antique-car/1906-renault-grand-prix

I notice that you modified it a bit (wheel spokes, removed headlights).

You paid 15 $ for this? You know that you can't make big profits from mods, if at all, right? Spending 15$ for bad models like this will end your career very soon.
This model was one we worked on back in 2019 when we were just a bunch of amateur developers looking to make something to support my youtube channel, A Casual Racer, we were even called "Casual Sim Studios" at the time.

The 3d modeler I hired for $50 may have used the model from CGTrader to speed up his 3d modelling process (and to be honest for only $50, its not too unexpected he cut some corners... it sure wasn't the $500+ we now typically pay several 3d artists to work on one model). We also didn't feel the lower quality of the 3d model was worth revisiting to make manual LODs and instead moved forward with auto-generation via Simplygon, which I hope makes sense in light of this project also being released for free.

Being the very first project we worked on as mod team and we cut our teeth developing it, there are plenty of flaws, but we are proud of how this project got us started in sim racing. And we are excited to show off some of the amazing projects we having coming down the pipeline!

We hope people enjoy the car despite some of the flaws, and we are very thankful to everyone who supported the development of this car and the formation of HSS!

Last edited:
This model was one we worked on back in 2019 when we were just a bunch of amateur developers looking to make something to support my youtube channel, A Casual Racer, we were even called "Casual Sim Studios" at the time.

The 3d modeler I hired for $50 may have used the model from CGTrader to speed up his 3d modelling process (and to be honest for only $50, its not to unexpected he cut some corners... it sure wasn't the $500+ we now typically pay several 3d artists to work on one model). We also didn't feel the lower quality of the 3d model was worth revisiting to make manual LODs and instead moved forward with auto-generation via Simplygon, which I hope makes sense in light of this project also being released for free.

Being the very first project we worked on as mod team and we cut our teeth developing it, there are plenty of flaws, but we are proud of how this project got us started in sim racing. And we are excited to show off some of the amazing projects we having coming down the pipeline!

We hope people enjoy the car despite some of the flaws, and we are very thankful to everyone who supported the development of this car and the formation of HSS!
Look, if you need some help for mods, you can find my modding manual for AC (ACMM 3.0) here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac-modding-manual-3-0.252064/

It's not finished, but you can use it anyways. It's regularly updated. I have very little time, but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Nice to know that this car mod has its little backstory. Always improving guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Look, if you need some help for mods, you can find my modding manual for AC (ACMM 3.0) here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac-modding-manual-3-0.252064/

It's not finished, but you can use it anyways. It's regularly updated. I have very little time, and most instructions are already there, but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Nice to know that this car mod has its little backstory. Always improving guys :thumbsup:
Its a nice reference for sure! I always make sure to have the latest version in our resources library for the team.

Historic Sim Studios LLC updated 1906 Renault AK GP with a new update entry:

v1.1 Update

Changelog:
1. Updated file names and structure to our current standard.
2. Revised aero physics.
3. New tire temperature performance curve.
4. New tire wear performance curve.
5. New throttle curve.
6. Revised damaged engine malfunction/misfire chance curve.
7. Added engine response time delay to account for classic naturally aspirated nature of engine.
8. Reduced the thermal efficiency of the fuel being used.
9. Added some extension code to car.ini file.
10. Improved FFB.
11. Revised...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thx a lot again. If I could make a humble suggestion for a future project it has to be Ford "Tin Lizzy" - right!? I mean if that ain't another legend car I dunno much about cars. Cheers! ;-)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.