Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer-minis.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper Sprints
Track: Birmingham Short / Lakeside / Virginia South / Castle Combe Chicaned / Knutstorp
Conditions: 16.00 In-game Race Time
Practice: 19.00GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - 15 mins
Qualification: 19.15 GMT / 20.15 UK / 21.15 Europe - 5 mins
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - 10 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

Yup - +1 to what Warren said.

The Mini's the only FWD car in the game, and it's a hoot, but the whole crux of GTL - irrespective of the vehicle involved - is not about shaving tenths here and there to get a good time, it's about being in control of the car to be able to race.

It's also about mutual respect on the track, which in turn leads to fun events, because it's not about muscling past, it's not about being last of the late brakers, it's not about cutting the track for that last tenth.

The attitude Warren mentions is everything in GTL, and thus far, it has been an exemplary department to be in charge of for me. Adjust your expectations to enjoying the process of throwing these old classics around, rather than the result, and I think you will enjoy yourself.

Absolutely Bob, this is spot on, these cars are an absolute hoot to drive, full of character and atmosphere that a WTCC can never hope to get near.

Gents, you know how much I don't like lap time talk, set up talk etc. before an event, yes?

Well - after some testing tonight, and after more than a couple of moments, I'm giving out a bit of a pre-event tip so as not to spoil one of the events for you.

Due to it's nature, you should think about raising your ride height for Virginia. Leaving the height at default results in some grounding just when you need as much rubber on the track as possible. :D

Waaaay ahead of the game :D

Hope to see you tonight. 4 of us had a little practice session / race last night on one of the tracks - if the rest of the events are anything like that one, it promises to be a great night :good:

• Bert Van Waes

Omg!! there's a possibility that i won't make it home tonight guys...

I'm sorry but i think it's best you put me on "maybe" if that's possible Stuart?

Ahh i'll try as hard as i can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back