18-Driver W Series Grid Confirmed

What a great way to promote inclusion... by introducing segregation :rolleyes:

Bring on Formula MiddleAgedMan, because there aren't enough of those in F1 either :laugh:

In all honesty this devalues the performance and achievements of other female drivers. Encouraging separation between the genders will hurt motorsports more than help it. The physical differences between males and females has a negligible difference on performance anymore with power steering systems in cars.

A driver's performance is now more based on skill, strategy, and a mechanical advantage more than by pure strength and endurance like the cars of old; even then, it shouldn't have any effect. People like Michelle Mouton come to mind when she drove for Audi in Group B and won at Pikes Peak.

She was not given that seat because of her gender, but had to earn it like the rest of her contemporaries had to and still have to do. By handing over the seats to a bunch of people based on their gender, it makes other women who had to earn theirs effort worth less.

Last edited:
It's like the national under 21's teams...... it doesn't mean that an 18 year old can't play for say England...but it does mean they can play internationally if they aren't quite good enough yet ....

If any of these girls were born to Mr Stroll they could be in F1 right now....

I see it as no different to that. Certainly not getting my knickers in a twist. I think we live in an age of everyone being offended and outraged by stuff.....

Modern race cars are a piece off piss to drive anyway. The barrier to girls in Motorsport is the image it clings onto of 'macho'....
"a girl can't drive a racing car!!!! All that traction control, power steering and complex aero and physics deifying rubber is impossible to control unless you are the son of a billionaire...."

Well Done to Tasmin Pepper...
You have really done South Africa and Africa proud as it is so difficult to enter 'main-stream' motorpsort due to the cost involved and our weak exchange rate...

I will be supporting you....

• Deleted member 113561

I don't think females have a disadvantage. In higher classes it gets more physical, but i think its still managable.
This is not true, look at Hamilton in Spain 2017 and you understand that already men are at their limits sometimes. Women have something between 10-30% performance deficit on a good day (when they don't have hormonell impact).

female apparently are better jet pilots
Would love to see the scientific data for that claim. Source please.

Therefore i dnt think a split like that is necessary. Its not empowerin, either. If i were a woman i would like to compete against everyone, the best of he best. Not just drive in a female only class. Driving in such a seperated class would feel more like degrading.
I agree that it is not desirable to split, but I think for different reasons. It will be very hard to establish something commercially successful and motorsports is the most expensive sport (F1 is).

I also think the situation won't change in the future, as biological/gentically women have a significant disadvantage compared to men.

All sport should be GENDER FREE, or Neutral whatever that means.
You mean no gender separation.
You wouldn't see anything but men in the top tiers of physically based sports (maybe once in a while a woman makes it into the Top 20), women wouldn't have a chance for the win. Just take ie. marathon results. Berlin 2018 the best female time ever would still be only P16, ~14 min behind P1. In that race best female would have been P22 if she ran in the same competition as them ~17 min behind P1. Which equalizes to whole 10%, resp. 12% less performance, which is a lot.
This has already become btw. a problem in some areas of the USA, where they allow biological men into womens competition (because these men are delusional) - the women, that trained their whole life for these events, suddenly don't stand a chance anymore, it is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think it is a great way to introduce more women and girls to motorsport.
In a perfect world they'd compete in the same arena with the guys.
We all know however that the moment you open it to that kind of entry, they'd almost entirely get pushed out...not because they're bad...but because the sheer numbers would influence the entry list.
It is difficult enough for good male drivers to score a seat in existing series.
As to some of the comments about girls and racing...I personally know a few girls who would...and have handed a few guys their a** behind the wheel.
We had one girl in particular when I lived in the Caribbean, who raced an original Cooper S completely race-prepared by her boyfriend.
He'd built a radical 1300 and swapped it with the original 850.
Most guys would walk over, look under the hood and have no idea.
She'd beat the living 'snot' out of most of those guys...many of whom were extremely quick.
All they saw was a swirl of exhaust from the dual Pico pipes as she up-shifted headed down a 10000 ft drag strip.
Girls are more than capable of a good showing behind the wheel.
Don't get complacent.

Last edited:
upload_2019-3-29_15-23-55.png

FORZA VITTORIA "VICKY" PIRIA, Italian driver :inlove:

Emma Kimilainen, Jees!!! Go Emma Go!!!

Boys, I have been with Emma Kimilainen kind of track Days on the real Alastaro Circuit Finland, twice, the real race track, real cars, I think I'm a lot faster than Emma, Emma hardly agrees, but she had major difficulties in getting me over, although she had a much more powerful car ... me with my Opel Corsa OPC NRE, she with Seat Leon Cupra 280 SC...okei, it was not race or competition, but just for pure fun...she passed me :( noooo....

But I got my revenge a year after when she had some slow Audi then...I drove past him so easily...too easily...:)

Anyway Emma will win this new W class so easily, she's so good!!! Show them Emma!!!

Sport should be sport not separated by gender. At this rate we will have a whites only 100 meters as its the only way a white guy will win.... and yes I'm taking the PISS even though its true ;-D....Irony alert don;t be hurt, I do hope no one is triggered by this ;-)

Where is the sweeeet Bruna Thomaselli :inlove: of Brazil?
No problem with that series. Is there any need for such a series? I don't
know. Does the existence of it hurt anyone? I don't think so. Is it really
necessary to debate about gender, sexism and so on? Not for me, i'm tired
of such "discussions" enough in real life, don't need that in motorsport as well.
So what the heck, let the girls (or women) race.

Does the existence of it hurt anyone? I don't think so.
There is a chance it hurts motorsport itself. In a sport where money is already a huge obstacle that keeps many good talents out you are adding one more to it.
It looks like someone is financing the whole grid, would be better if they pick a series like F3 then the winner (man or woman) takes a scholarship to the next level (like Indycar does, you can move up "for free" once you reach the USF2000).
THIS would be equality and merit, anything else is bullshit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back