1.- BAHREIN - BRIEFING - Official Test Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Garcia

Premium
Hello guys,

this will be the last test race before seasson starts, so please read carefully next briefing.

.- TEAM SPEAK

Team Speak is mandatory. IMPORTANT to stay in the Team Speak briefing before the race.

2.- CHAT
Chat is forbiden during all the event, but you have to keep it enabled and visible in car to read Race Control Messages. **

3.- WARM UP LAP
Formation lap will be done in a pace around 90 kmts/h.

It is really important you keep a constant distance with the car infront and the car behind, so no brake or accelerattion test will be done.

WE DON´t WANT TRAFFIC JAMS, SO TAKE CARE OF WHERE THE CAR INFRONTOF YOU IS ALL THE TIME!

- It will be a single file rolling start.

- Stay quiet until you read on chat "STARTING WARM UP LAP", then Safety car will turn lights on and the lap will start. A car will start moving after the car infront start the lap, and never before.

- When starting the formation lap, remember you will loose a position with the safety car, so take care of being in your position and always take care of knowing what car you have to follow.

- The complete lap will be done in the same pace. Some messages will be seen in chat saying "Keep your pace & formation".

- IMPORTANT Even with the safety car on track, it will be the leader of the group responsability to have a constant pace, so if the Safety Car accelerates going back to pit, the leader of the group have to keep a 90 kmts/h speed. As seen in previous races, Safety Car can be disconected so it is important leaders knows his role in the formation lap.

- Then when reaching the start/finish line Race Control will give Green Flag or Red Flag via chat, depending if the formation of the group is correct or if there where incidents in the formation lap.

- No overtaking will be done before crosing the start finish line, even if the Green Light is ON. The cars behind the leader will consider race started once the last turn is completed.

4.- ESCAPE KEY
Remember you can press ESC, but never with traffic or in the racing surface. Be sure you are completely alone when hitting ESC.

5.- SUPER POLE
In Super Pole mode Qualifying, you have to complete the Out Lap, Qualy Lap and In Lap.

6.- SPEED LIMIT @ PIT LANE
Respect the speed limit at pit lane in all sessions.

7.- WEATHER
Remember to check the weather forectas on website to have a close idea of how it will be in the future event. But the most important, check the session info into the sim or in the Pit Wall to take a direct look to the tarmac and know exactly in what conditions it is.

8.- LIVE BRIEFING
At the start of the warm up sesion there will be a "live" briefing in Team Speak".

9.- TYRES & ENGINE
A day or two before the 5race we will grant you a link to the new tyre & engine files, remember you have to be updated to enter the server.

Thanks for reading! :)

As i propably will be not able to drive today test race :(, ill give you now my feedback about new tyres :) (all tests with same, low amount of fuel)

SUPERSOFT: 1 sec slower than V2 mod, they are overheating and the end of out lap (hotlap rear temps about 100-110!!!!)

SOFT: 1 sec slower than SUPERSOFT, temps ok, little sliding with full tank, wearing looks good but needs to check more, because i dont made full 30 minutes stint

HARD: 2 sec slower than SOFT (3 sec than SUPERSOFT) with really big pain to made a clean lap, sliding like on damp track even with no fuel, temps ok, wearing also ok i think but needs to check more, because i dont made full 45 minutes stint

Overall i think that you made a great job with with V3 but difference in tyres are too much.

IMHO i think that SUPERSOFT needs to be little colder :), SOFT pace should be around 0.5 sec slower than SUPERSOFT so they need little more grip, HARD pace should be around 1 sec slower than SOFT, needs much, much more grip :)

Thanks for the feedback Marcin, really appreciated. :) Neil made a really great job with the tires, and in my opinion that biger diferences would bring much more variables and chances to see diferent races, so let´s see how they work in race.

Anyway as this is a really little file, possibly we will keep on updatying it during the seasson looking for the best tyre combination.

I say this in other words :), what is the purpose using hard tyres, when they 2 sec slower and they not gives chance to be as fast as with soft on whole race distance ?? This is only my opinion and i want only fair chances on both types of tyres, at this moment IMO chances are not equal.

That was last 2 cents from my side :) Keep it going guys with good work :)

I say this in other words :), what is the purpose using hard tyres, when they 2 sec slower and they not gives chance to be as fast as with soft on whole race distance ?? This is only my opinion and i want only fair chances on both types of tyres, at this moment IMO chances are not equal.

That was last 2 cents from my side :) Keep it going guys with good work :)
OK what i was trying to do was this:
Supersoft: for qualifying or maybe a short stint at the end of the race.
Soft: main race tyres, good for up to one third race distance (2 stops) or with one pit stop but getting hard to control toward the end of each stint.
Hard tyres: race distance to be possible with one set of tyres (maybe no pit stop required for tyres)

But if you all want the hard tyres to be quicker then maybe the best way would be to increase the heating of them so they are in the correct range more often.

Its a good plan Neil, makes sense as far as I see it. From what I have tried so far I agree theres not enough grip on the hards, but the difference between each tyre is well planned and seems good. I would suggest giving them all more grip so we keep a similar difference (maybe just softs and hards). I agree with Marcin about super softs to a degree, we don't really need a quali tyre do we? make them a bit more usable (overheat less, live a bit longer) otherwise its just adding somthing to the mod we can do without. Basically what I'm saying is if we have a quali tyre then in the race we are left with 2 (realistic choices) compounds again like last season, and if so we might aswell have just used the existing tyre mod with a few tweaks. I think we will get more race strategy options if we bring those super softs away from "quali" tyre thinking and make them play in the race.

I quote Mike specially for these sentences: " From what I have tried so far I agree there is not enough grip on the hards, but the difference between each tyre is well planned and seems good. I would suggest giving them all more grip so we keep a similar difference (maybe just softs and hards)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back