1.20 first impression.

Some observations after a quick race with stock cars at Salvador.

First, most noticeable is tyres, more grip, easier more predictable feel, tyre temps more consistent. I liked the ultra stiff "go cart" feel of 1.15 but the new tyres are very pleasurable to lap on, and adds an extra realistic element.
Car pulls more under braking, nice shudder under max braking

Edit: There is definately a lot more tyre movement, low speed grip has improved due to the softer nature of the car, high speed cornering is more challenging, will be throwing out my setups for sure.

AI, wow, it was good before but consistency suffered at times. Now a lot more believable, over all corner speed consistency improved by far, fast where they should be and vice versa. Pit lane entry improved.

Hi res mirrors are nice. I have taken a minimal performance hit.

Big changes but seems very cool so far.

Last edited:
The 2014 Stock cars feel great now, I want to do a full Championship against the AI.
A1 ring trees look amazing ;)
Vees are great, I'm spinning all over the place, much harder than I though they'd be but great fun

Fantastic update overall

my first time with GSC compaered to rf2..

well I've been playing 1.20 quite a bit last nite.
and I'm very impressed considering its on an older engine to rf2, if i didn't know any better i wouldn't think anything of it. The physics are great ..sound is good and the graphics, while not on exact par with rf2 still look good with the better lighting and shaders etc. The cockpits are as good imo and at least you don't get that sill yellow hue over the cockpit like rf.
FFb is miles better than rf2 imo, and thats playing them back to back, rf feels flat and weak and obviously needs a ton of tweaking out of the box.
The tracks even though i don't know many are great fun and offer more variety than ISI vanilla tracks. Ai ring is great to drive and the variety with cars (although little bit more leaned to single seaters) in handling is very noticeable.

Would i say it easier than rf in handling terms….

no?

its a overall more polished sim, and at this rate ISI need to buck their ideas up before reiza start adding more feature like weather RR etc etc.

Don't get me wrong Rf2 is an awesome sim, but seems slow in development, and don't seem eager to add offline replayabiity like a season and leave elements unfinished.

Well done Reiza….

ISI come on
smile.png

Rfactor 2 could rule the market, it's a shame it's not a complete package.
Also GSCE nails the immersion factor where Rfactor2 feels like a tech demo, it doesn't feel "serious" if that's the right word.

Something interesting, I'm not an open wheel fan but have recently become addicted to GSCE formula classic so today I decided to run some laps on ACs lotus79t for comparison (it's close enough).

AC is visually superb on historic Monza, phenomenal sense of speed, the turbo model is just awesome, I like the "real road" and the in game apps are a stroke of genius, but still there was something missing in the feel of the car that seems to be across the board, it's still early days but I doubt the overall feel will change.

Even though GSCE is pushing an older engine I fired up the classics straight after and instantly felt a higher sense of realism and the things like turbo modelling and "real road" couldn't make up for it.
AC features and visuals with the ISI feeling would really be something.

So my point really is the only thing that has the potential to feel better with the same immersion that GSCE has captured is indeed Rfactor2, so I agree, ISI common!:)

Anyone noticed the AI gradually improving during a session? They set a lap time over about 7 laps before pitting, just the same as previous versions, but when they go out for a second run they often go quicker - seems much more realistic now :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back