1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

@Dietmar: sounds a bit like my PC wanting to reinstall STCC or an STCC patch of which I have heard nothing on any forum. Mysterious. I guess we all have a different setup with admin, user, Linux, XP, Vista. It seems rather foolish of SimBin to dabble with these setups.

edit: just fired up steam - gtr evo and now my stcc installation is back, ah the wonders of the internet :)

Just started Evo again ... and got a window asking whether I want to reinstall Race 07.

Yes it seems a strange update method.
I received the same message, but didn't think it looked right, so I exited without saying "yes". I then went into Steam and checked "My Games" and sure enough, there weas a Race 07 update waiting to be installed. So, I continued the update from there, and all seemed ok.
I ended up with quite a lot of duplicated folders and files, and have been carefully checking them by moving them to a safe place outside the Simbin folder. If everything is still working fine, I then delete the folders and files.

I must say, it seems a messy update in some ways. But the end results are much better.

Countdown timer - Post Patch

Not sure where to post this, or whether the League Directors are already aware but :

Since the latest Patch, there seems to be a bug in the in-game timing. During a race last night that was setup for Laps (not time) the countdown timer was waaaaay off (reading in the thousands), but the race ended ok, probably due to it being a laps event. I've noticed also that Christopher Aponte has reported this problem also.
However, has this been checked for a timed race, such as the GTC League? If it is a serious bug, maybe we have to consider making the final league event a Lap race instead.

Just wanted to throw it out there in case it becomes an issue.

• Andrew Evans

yes, they ballsed it up in the latest patch... any race set to a time limit no longer shows the countdown in game....

I hope the My Documents part of this patch will be reverted a.s.a.p. or it might happen that we have to close the Evo server :(
All of a sudden our C: drive (not the orginal drive) is STUFFED with a map we didnt asked for resulting in a disc that only has 2GB left of space.
We need that space for our leaderboards so we cant just remove all the files.

I hope the My Documents part of this patch will be reverted a.s.a.p. or it might happen that we have to close the Evo server :(
All of a sudden our C: drive (not the orginal drive) is STUFFED with a map we didnt asked for resulting in a disc that only has 2GB left of space.

The just need to change the way that the config.ini is read so that you can use explicit paths instead of pre-defined relative ones.

ie,

LOGDIR=USERDATA\LOG\
SAVEDIR=E:\RACE07\USERDATA\
MUSICDIR=MUSIC\

instead of,

LOGDIR=USERDATA\LOG\
SAVEDIR=USERDATA\
MUSICDIR=MUSIC\

Andrew ran some timed sprint events yesterday. There was no problem with the timings, we just couldn't see how long was left. Also when the timer went into the thousand it meant the time had run out.
thnx, nice to know that it ended when it should as i must say i prefer the uncertainty of not knowing just how many laps there will be and it makes it more interesting if some have misjudged and end up short shifting for a lap or so :sinister:

• Jamie Valentine

Problem With latest Patch

Need some help folks, today I went to run some laps with GTR Evo and Race 07, but before Steam would let me start either of them it updated to the latest Patch and my problem is now when I click to start it just shuts my PC down like you unpluged it..

This doesnt happen with any other of my Sims such as RFactor or IRacing, even all other games work fine,

Just GTR and Race 07 and STCC

Here are my system specs
OS Vista Ultimate 64bit
CPU Intel X6800 Duel Core
NVidia XFX 790i Ultra MoBo
3 way BFG 280 GTX OC SLI Video cards
8 GiGs Corsair XMS Memory @ 1333
1 WD Raptor 300 GiG Hard Drive
2 150 GiG WD Raptor Hard Drives
Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power Supply
Logitec Z5500 Sound System @ 505 Watts
Viewsonic 28" LCD Monitor 3mil Response Time

Why dont you move the My Documents folder to any other location?

I personally like the My Documents thing, because you can move it! I have one Disk with all the apps and one with all the moving data, but with Evo writing all the moving data into the app folder the backup just becomes a nightmare! And since I lost once my HD I indeed do backups... more or less :D.

Hey, i dont want me to work through the almost 100 answers within this thread so maybe it s solved but i m missing my personel own shadows in the timeattack mode. They are all gone...oooOOO( )( )( )

And something very positive to mention: The way the setups are now manageable is really, really good!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back