Here's another app for all of you to try out! The Formula 1 2014 TV HUD display.
Thanks to chargingcar for asking for help on creating a new, beautiful Assetto Corsa app!
Special thanks to Filippo94 for helping me with the "skipping Neutral gear function".
There are still things to do and improve but for now, since I don't have a lot of free time on my hands, it's time for the app to go into testing. I started this thread to better keep my eye on the comments and offer "support" more easily -- so feel free to drop-by and give your valuable feedback! I welcome constructive criticism on this thread.
Here's a video showing the app in action. Please make sure you watch the video in 1080p for best viewing experience. Also, the video doesn't encoding ruined a lot of the texturing so you can't see exactly what the app looks like from the video alone. You'll have to try it for yourself!
- Download the file (link at the bottom of the post);
- Extract the folders inside Assetto Corsa's root folder:Code:..\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\
- The folder "f12014hud" should be next to the "gMeter" and "system" folders.
To do list:
Change log v0.9.1 beta (June 30th, 2014):
- Get rid of leading zeros for Speed and RPM digital displays;
- Create config file with all cars in Assetto Corsa to set the top gear (hide the gears that the car doesn't have);
- Find a better way of animating the Speed, Brake and Throttle gauges
- Somehow stop the app from spamming the log files (expect huge files).
- Updated "sim_info.py" file to the latest version. App is now compatible with the latest version of Assetto Corsa (0.20.xx).
Change log v0.9 beta (May 9th, 2014):
- Initial beta release.
OV1 - F1 2014 HUD 0.92b
A replica of one of the early designs of the F1 2014 Season TV Overlay HUD