PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
I got dash boarded thought u guys would restart for me...that was a waste of time practicing kindy dissapointed u could do a restart with a rollling start like we have done before..super lame

I got dash boarded thought u guys would restart for me...that was a waste of time practicing kindy dissapointed u could do a restart with a rollling start like we have done before..super lame
Tough one Eric. Had no comms so wasn't completely sure what was happening. Think trouble is it takes so long to get these things going and with the start being very late over here I think that plays some part in it. Robert and I will have a chat abt a policy for dealing with such things in future. Problem is how far do you take it... if you restart for one it would be unfair to not do the same for someone else if they discoed from the restarted race. It could go on all night. In the F1 league we always had a no restart policy for that very reason and i tended to look on it as if it was a mechanical failure. I do feel bad for you though.

We had always tried to restart if it was before the actual race started then after itwas a no go..no worries thou not the first time and with the way the games are now it def wont be the last.I tried playing f1 again but still no aavailable no assist lobbies. .they desperately need to bring back the old lobby system.this hopper **** is garbage.

We had always tried to restart if it was before the actual race started then after itwas a no go..no worries thou not the first time and with the way the games are now it def wont be the last.I tried playing f1 again but still no aavailable no assist lobbies. .they desperately need to bring back the old lobby system.this hopper **** is garbage.

Eric, I just want to explain a bit. I feel bad now that I know what your situation was, but believe me, I had no real way to know whether your being "dashboarded' was the game or you. I initially thought it was you, but then thought it might be the game. Here is what I saw and heard:

You just disappeared about 33 seconds before the race was going to automatically start with us in position (which is a pretty big deal if you consider standing starts are there now, but I certainly would not have gone forward knowing you were trying to get back in, as we can always line up after a pace lap).

Before you left the party I thought I heard you say "I'll be right back" or something, but now I'm not sure. Then I clearly heard you say "I hope I can join again" so I thought, "well he just needs an invite" but when I tried (so many times, as you can see on my replay) it would not work. Then *bam* you were gone from the party and I leaned toward thinking it was intentional because I didn't think folks got booted from parties that easy. At that point, I thought you could rejoin via my profile since we were only in warmup, but it would be tight. Then you were not on the grid. Emails came well into the race, but I has no idea what they said.

The race started very quickly and we were off. At that point, my chat goes down and my engine up (because the background noise in the chat is sometimes too much for my pea brain to be able to concentrate). Boothy apparently tried to say something, but the lobby had already started late because of late arrivals (this time I *was* there well before 4:30p and could find hardly anyone to join a party, as Peter was nowhere to be seen, and Eric/Boothy were the only ones trickling in. I figured many were late, so I decided to wait a bit, which is when Peter came on board forthwith and others popped into the party, as we need to have the party full before we start the lobby.

Once racing starts, Peter is right. The best policy is to just go, especially considering all of the lead-up it took to get the start properly setup and everyone on the grid in the right starting order. We did this in F1 and I think we should do it here too, although I'm open to suggestions. Today was a particularly late start because people were late on-line and into the party, but we eventually got on track and you were there the whole time.

Then once the race got started, I saw your emails. At that point I was stuck. Since I could not check them while racing, I could only guess as to if you wanted back in. And my guess was wrong. Once we got 2-3 laps in, it was pretty much a goner.

So, from now on, there will be no restarts, except under certain conditions, and today would have been one Eric (apologies again for the whole circumstance) if I had guessed right. Here is the new language I suggest. Feel free to comment (anyone) on it:

We will restart "under what circumstances?" once the race is away. Since we do not want to leave anyone behind who wants to race, there will be one and only one restart, under any circumstances, but only in the case where: a.) driver gets disconnected before the race and wants back in (party chat will be open) and the driver is able to inform the lobby host, or there is a general awareness as judged by the lobby host, that a driver was disconnected before the race and would like back in; or b.) extreme and debilitating lag that leads to a lost race as the result (drivers honor as to how to call a crash in the first two laps) or an involuntary disconnect of more than one person within the first two laps. Otherwise the race will go on and points may be awarded to the affected driver(s) after the race. This game is very unpredictable in multi-player. (See Series Home Page).

Also, Dan, I'm sorry too, but I really didn't see you at 9:30p...if you ever need in and don't get an invite for whatever reason, please send me a message...you have about 30 mins. to do so before the race... and it has to be individual apparently, which means I have to go and pick out each gamertag. In addition, you never signed up for this race, even though of course you are welcome to join if you let someone know. The last thing I remember you saying on the forum was "just doing some laps now and i cant do a lap without crashing, unless a miracle happens i wont be able to make this" so I thought you were not in. I did see Alex, but Matt said he could not make it. Sorry again Dan. If I had known you wanted to race, I would have looked and made sure you were there.

Last edited:
Yea im up .the race starts at 1230 .well in a hour inchange.wifes watching tv til then..but afterwards yea cool.il send u a message after ..and no worries on this evening.**** happens .hope for better luck next week

Last edited:
Eric, I just want to explain a bit. I feel bad now that I know what your situation was, but believe me, I had no real way to know whether your being "dashboarded' was the game or you. I initially thought it was you, but then thought it might be the game. Here is what I saw and heard:

You just disappeared about 33 seconds before the race was going to automatically start with us in position (which is a pretty big deal if you consider standing starts are there now, but I certainly would not have gone forward knowing you were trying to get back in, as we can always line up after a pace lap).

Before you left the party I thought I heard you say "I'll be right back" or something, but now I'm not sure. Then I clearly heard you say "I hope I can join again" so I thought, "well he just needs an invite" but when I tried (so many times, as you can see on my replay) it would not work. Then *bam* you were gone from the party and I leaned toward thinking it was intentional because I didn't think folks got booted from parties that easy. At that point, I thought you could rejoin via my profile since we were only in warmup, but it would be tight. Then you were not on the grid. Emails came well into the race, but I has no idea what they said.

The race started very quickly and we were off. At that point, my chat goes down and my engine up (because the background noise in the chat is sometimes too much for my pea brain to be able to concentrate). Boothy apparently tried to say something, but the lobby had already started late because of late arrivals (this time I *was* there well before 4:30p and could find hardly anyone to join a party, as Peter was nowhere to be seen, and Eric/Boothy were the only ones trickling in. I figured many were late, so I decided to wait a bit, which is when Peter came on board forthwith and others popped into the party, as we need to have the party full before we start the lobby.

Once racing starts, Peter is right. The best policy is to just go, especially considering all of the lead-up it took to get the start properly setup and everyone on the grid in the right starting order. We did this in F1 and I think we should do it here too, although I'm open to suggestions. Today was a particularly late start because people were late on-line and into the party, but we eventually got on track and you were there the whole time.

Then once the race got started, I saw your emails. At that point I was stuck. Since I could not check them while racing, I could only guess as to if you wanted back in. And my guess was wrong. Once we got 2-3 laps in, it was pretty much a gonner.

So, from now on, there will be no restarts, except under certain conditions, and today would have been one Eric (apologies again for the whole circumstance). Here is the new language I suggest. Feel free to comment (anyone) on it:

We will restart "under what circumstances?" once the race is away. Since we do not want to leave anyone behind who wants to race, there will be one and only one restart, under any circumstances, but only in the case where: a.) driver gets disconnected before the race and wants back in (party chat will be open) and the driver is able to inform the lobby host, or there is a general awareness as judged by the lobby host, that a driver was disconnected before the race and would like back in; or b.) extreme and debilitating lag that leads to a lost race as the result (drivers honor as to how to call a crash in the first two laps) or an involuntary disconnect of more than one person within the first two laps. Otherwise the race will go on and points may be awarded to the affected driver(s) after the race. This game is very unpredictable in multi-player. (See Series Home Page).

Also, Dan, I'm sorry too, but I really didn't see you at 9:30p...if you ever need in and don't get an invite for whatever reason, please send me a message...you have about 30 mins. to do so before the race... and it has to be individual apparently, which means I have to go and pick out each gamertag. In addition, you never signed up for this race, even though of course you are welcome to join if you let someone know. The last thing I remember you saying on the forum was "just doing some laps now and i cant do a lap without crashing, unless a miracle happens i wont be able to make this" so I thought you were not in. I did see Alex, but Matt said he could not make it. Sorry again Dan. If I had known you wanted to race, I would have looked and made sure you were there.
Trouble is Robert if you restart for one and then someone else gets booted from the restarted one it's really unfair on them having been fine in the original session. It goes on and on. If I was cut in those circumstances I would be far more pissed than if it happened to me in the first instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 134 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.3%