PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
They seems awfully low. Shall have to give a try though see if makes any better

Seemed low to me too. But works like a charm. I'm not sure just how they model the tyres tires yet, but I have read a lot on it. Huts my brain. lol. Then again, that does not take much. But, I think there are actually three layers of "heat" or "rubber" to consider, and then you have "force" which causes tearing and bending of the sidewall, and is influenced by things like setup and track type. Then you have environment, which influences condition and slip angle. I told Peter in a PM that I thought they were not emphasizing track temp for no reason. (sorry, double negative). This is a summary:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model/

This goes a bit deeper into setup. It was created for rF2, but it is applicable to any SIM I believe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/soyzd4abyatzb3z/RFactor 2 Advanced Car Set up GuideV1.pdf?dl=0

My personal opinion is that setups can help, but driving style cannot be tuned out or in.

Yeah I've noticed that too.

Why is that a good thing :cautious: pain in the ass if you're trying to access those and have to keep restarting each time. One guy in the forum did it 17 times before it worked for him :confused:.

I'm not sure I have that issue. It has not happened to me after the first run post patch. Maybe others are having a different experience. Would not be the first time. I did notice that when I ran Brands in this car at 1:26.1 I was 43rd in the world. lol. So something must be amiss. However, I must admit, not having access to your replays would suck.

Game is tempermental. I'll check again if it happens in just a sec. About to settle in for some practice.

Althoughi still cant find a no assist lobby..I tried to play multiplayer last nite but again the only one that worked was the standard sprint lobby..lame 5 lappers eith assist and the standard couple of retards who think its bumper cars

............. And I'm going to have to rethink my age objection. lol.
We have some young guys coming in to the League and they're fast...:confused:

Ran some more laps in the LMP at China and got the car dialed in. Ran a 12 lapper and finished 2nd to the AI @90% All I could get was 7th in Qualy though, but in the race I ran my fastest lap which would have put me on the pole.. LoL.

Reactions: Rob
I have not tried it yet but eager to. Meant to pop it in the other day, but didn't get to. I'll probably set up a Japan race this weekend at 50% if anyone is interested. I think most people love Suzuka.
Interested to know what it changes. Colin on PS4 said it changed the steering and handling and that bothers me as I liked it how it was. I'm hoping it was the case that the PS4 steering and handing was dodgy originally so they improved it and not something they've changed for all formats. Last time they did that was 2012 after loads of moaning from people saying it was too hard.

I played it for a few minutes late last nite. .it did seem abit dif.but in a good way I can feel more of the car while going straight now as before it felt dead until u plunged into a turn and it still wasnt v ery strong ..I think ul like it or hatdly notice it peter

We have some young guys coming in to the League and they're fast...:confused:

Ran some more laps in the LMP at China and got the car dialed in. Ran a 12 lapper and finished 2nd to the AI @90% All I could get was 7th in Qualy though, but in the race I ran my fastest lap which would have put me on the pole.. LoL.

Those cars are going to be a blast. Railer is even dialed in and he and I are in the Alpine, but embarassingly, I think we have to run the same number. :O_o:

China is a tough track and not that bad considering it's a designer track. Fuel is less an issue with these guys, as I think the F1 1976 car is very very very very....very.... and very hard to drive on full fuel. Next to impossible. In fact, I'm not sure a three stopper is a bad idea at Brands. But I'm definitely not going the distance w/o pitting.

I played it for a few minutes late last nite. .it did seem abit dif.but in a good way I can feel more of the car while going straight now as before it felt dead until u plunged into a turn and it still wasnt v ery strong ..I think ul like it or hatdly notice it peter

That is so so important to me. And I'm not sure why, but it's so annoying when there is no "road feel" so to speak. That's great news, as the were sort of limp as to this quality. That's what pCARS has patched so well, IMO.

Interested to know what it changes. Colin on PS4 said it changed the steering and handling and that bothers me as I liked it how it was. I'm hoping it was the case that the PS4 steering and handing was dodgy originally so they improved it and not something they've changed for all formats. Last time they did that was 2012 after loads of moaning from people saying it was too hard.

I know a guy at work who (off topic, sorry) plays in these massive gaming tournaments. Mostly FPS and RPG, but the occasional racing game too. Also has a computer degree and owns both consoles. He swears that the xbox is better for racing and constant movement, like FPS games, but that the PS4 really shines with static graphics on RPGs and stuff like Minecraft and Farming Games. Of course, that's leaving out a PC, but interestingly he said PC gaming was difficult unless you really know how a PC works.

I know a guy at work who (off topic, sorry) plays in these massive gaming tournaments. Mostly FPS and RPG, but the occasional racing game too. Also has a computer degree and owns both consoles. He swears that the xbox is better for racing and constant movement, like FPS games, but that the PS4 really shines with static graphics on RPGs and stuff like Minecraft and Farming Games. Of course, that's leaving out a PC, but interestingly he said PC gaming was difficult unless you really know how a PC works.
When I was talking to a buddy about the whole Xbox vs PS4 issue before he made his choice that was exactly what i said.. Xbox much the better racing machine. Always has been and don't think it's changed with next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes