Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The RD Wreckfest Racing Club is back and better than ever! Find out about what we are doing here and how to get involved for yourself...

The Wreckfest Racing Club roared back into life with a bang last month as the excitement continues to grow here at RaceDepartment, big grids and bigger smiles have been the order of the day as we build on the excellent foundations already laid, and continue to produce some incredible race nights for drivers of all different skills and experiences.

Wildly different than our usual club offerings - in Wreckfest everything goes! We have team competitions, out and out racing and events where a bit of contact is very much encouraged...

Full grids, hours of racing and plenty of laughs are the key to this growing club, and you could get involved for yourself! All you need is a Premium membership and a willingness to have some fun...

Our next event will be this Wednesday 11th July, and will once again take advantage of a wide variety of the different cars, classes and game modes this awesome little title has to offer.

Action will begin at 19:00GMT and will finish... well whenever folks want it to end!

Get yourself joined up, share the fun and let's build this into the special experience we truly think it deserves to be...

Massive thanks to @FeltHat for the new promo video at the top of the article too :inlove:

Wreckfest Racing Club.jpg

Wreckfest is out now on PC, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions to launch November 20th 2018.

Check out the Wreckfest Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. For added excitement we have an already immensely popular and exciting Racing Club, details of which can be found here.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoying Wreckfest? Have you raced with us online before in this game? What are your impressions and would you recommend it to those who are maybe still "on the fence" about joining in the action? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
MINDLESS SAVAGE MADNESS

THOROUGHLY AND COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS ... Compares well with NASCAR! :thumbsup:

Love them Volvos. :)

BTW. My first car ever was a 544 Volvo. 1960. Beige with a blue gut. A sturdy and reliable car, built by dark, swarthy men, short and round ... and their women, sturdy ... and reliable. Tall and long of leg, and blonde of hair, having blue eyes and great swinging orbs of STEEL.

GET YOURS TODAY!

Last edited:
... soanyoldways ... I was looking over the art featured in the beginning of this thread and thought ... well hell, that's just a bunch of junk cars. What boring poop. Cripes, this is bloody WRECKFEST dammit! What's needed here is art that is a little more ... 0oh I don't know ... something punchy, something with a bit more zing ... something that runs into the room, screams WRECKFEST and then kicks over the parlor chairs and scares the cat.:confused:

NOTE: I mean no harm to the OP nor the creator of WRECKFEST. Sorry for hurt feelings in advance.

... soanyoldways ... what do you think of this:

provosty-web1.jpg

or maybe THIS:

Mace.jpg

If you don't care for these ... I have more.

Last edited:
ART. It has the power to motivate and inform.

Who knew?

Danica.jpg

Maybe this sim could coax Danica Patrick out of retirement. I think she could actually win, nay, TOTALLY DOMINATE this. I can hear the crying and complaining, the bitter recriminations and her pissing and the moaning even as I spea ... errr ... type.

danica no car.jpg

EDIT: I've had YET ANOTHER GREAT IDEA :geek: ... or maybe it was a dream :O_o:. What about Danica Patrick blow up dolls ... that actually BLOW UP when you barely touch them ... astride the lawnmowers!! I don't think they would have to be very detailed ... just change the current orange driving suits ... to a brilliant bilious green & black. It would be enough to hint at DP without incurring the wrath of some lawyer. I'm thinking there is a place for the Queen of Crash in WRECKFEST!!!!

Last edited:
But I must admit that thread is kinda dead, maybe folks are scared of great gray wizard

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT ... I really hope that everybody knows I was only foolin'. I had most of this stuff done yesterday. I even posted one of them here last night, but took it down in fear of ruining yet ANOTHER sim for everyone.

Wreckfest is a great game. It's burlesque, in the truest sense of the word. A burlesque is a literary, dramatic or musical work intended to cause laughter by caricaturing the manner or spirit of serious works ... like auto racing AND auto racing sims.

I hope they sell a MILLION copies.

... as I think on it ... I've read that Graham Hill was not only a GREAT racing driver ... but also great fun at a party, VERY entertaining. He is said to have had a fab routine acting out the part of a stripper ... with an utter dead pan, and emotionless expression on his face. A burlesque ... about burlesque! Hillarious.

I fear that these days folks have really lost their sense of the joys of simply having fun. I don't know what it's like in Europe, but here in the States, over the past 4 or 5 years people are amazingly uptight. If you sneak up behind any of them and give them a good and through old fashioned goose, they'll shatter into a billion bits ... like crystal. We need WRECKFEST.

... and that's "whizzer". I'm a great gray whizzer.

If you look down, you'll notice yer foot is wet.

Viola' Burlesque!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play