All Yule Need for Xmas is... WRECKFEST!!!

Non stop action? Massive crashes? Fun filled laughs? If you like any of those things then you will love our brand new racing club coming the Christmas..!

By now you must have seen every year we try and do different events in the sims/games we offer at RaceDepartment, all in the name of the quest for fun... often making up events that usually end in carnage, carnage with the cars and carnage of the rules. The drink takes over and that little love tap escalates into something rather dramatic indeed!

Well to keep up that tradition this year will be no different, although we fancy a bit of a twist of metal to add to the cocktail...welcome to the RaceDepartment Racing Club family the criminally underrated Wreckfest!

So grab your mates make up a team and come to the fun events or turn up solo and join a team for some fun nights of mechanical mayhem (in game monetary prizes are on offer at these events, which can be used to upgrade or repair the cars later).

We will of course be running a number of different events over the festive break so fear not, something for everyone will be on offer here at RaceDepartment during the upcoming festive season!

Lawnmover Man
next-car-game-wreckfest.jpg

Will you finish the event or will you crash and burn?

Arena Demolition Derby
bandicam 2017-11-20 23-40-01-057.jpg

Can you survive whilst taking out your opponents?

Circuit Racing
ss_76ead422abacbbd74e80daa5dbcd28c8befcad28.1920x1080.jpg

Sand ,Tarmac and Gravel, with basic rules. Very basic rules...

So does all this sound like something you might want to be involved in? Fed up of being serious and avoiding contact? Want to simulate a public server race but with your RD mates? I think this could be rather a lot of fun...

Although we are using the Christmas holiday period to launch this new club we have bigger plans than just a holiday smash and grab. Wreckfest is not just for Christmas.

If abused correctly we reckon this little corner of the website could last for years, hopefully becoming a regular fixture for those who just want to unwind for the night, it all depends on your dear sim racer, sign up and make it the success we think it deserves!

The events will be run with very few rules and it's usually straight forward... drive as fast as you can for as long as you can and survive. Failing that you could just bash your way round every lap, the choice is yours! Drive solo or work as a team with different objectives, possibilities in Wreckfest are simply endless! To add to the fun we will throw up the usual RaceDepartment bells and whistles, professional organisation, the occasional live stream and of course TeamSpeak channels to share in the fun on the track with equally riotous banter :)

The server can be left running all day/night with a few events to get your teeth into.. we will post a official start time and sign ups will be welcome, you can also post at any time that you are ready to race and see who turns up.. so it's something a bit different to our usual routine, and hopefully it will allow ease of access to more of our awesome sim racing community to get in on the action and have some smash and dash fun.

From keyboard to wheel all are welcome, you just need to be a premium member to race. Racing Rules will be basic or as the game allows, but other basic RaceDepartment rules will be in effect, except the golden rule of course, as smashing and bashing will be encouraged. Incident reports may be laughed at.

Teams will be allowed through the game at times and will be equalised if necessary.Join the official races to book you spot or team.

Sounds like a good laugh? We think so, and we hope you do too. You're just a few clicks away from a smashing good time...

Check out the Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Or even better head over to HERE and sign up for the events.

Sim racing is dead, love live crashing!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Wreckfest for the first time in months a couple of weeks ago and I gotta admit it feels a bit different than before. They ditched some stuff like the repair points -and I applaud that, as it was an incredibly annoying feature- but they also added other things like bodywork modifications. Most of them are decent, but some are just plain odd like the incredibly childish off-road tyres which, I believe, don't have any effect on loose surfaces. I knew this game would change with the new publisher, I just hope it changes more for the good than bad from now on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%