World Rally Manufacturer Manager - Season One (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should apply a strict time limit to things like this so people hurry up, I understand people may be busy and respect that, but it's taking ages for Andy to get information from everyone.

I will do in future, however I'm going to just allow you to do other things tonight hopefully so you guys can keep busy while we wait (so pretty much messaging you budgets, and then getting you to do the rest of the things)

I'm also for some reason concerned by the fact we're on post 144 of this thread and we haven't started racing yet.

It's because I've tried doing it step by step, and that's taking a while, so that is my fault completely. I think in the future it would be far better getting everything done in one go.

Thank you all for your patience, I've just tried too hard trying to get it perfect that I have taken too long progressing the game

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also for some reason concerned by the fact we're on post 144 of this thread and we haven't started racing yet.
Its a new game
The rules weren 100 clear and it seems to be a bit more complex than other games.
and unlike the legacy manager a season will be longer. in legacy manager we had some full seasons which basically were live testing. we cant afford that here. at least not as heavily so its a good thing there are so many posts

that also means there is interedt and Potential

OK, so let's get the last few things going!

Tyre Manufacturers
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 13.20.40.png

Firstly, you need to make bids on tyre manufacturers which will supply you (and the privateer teams that you have given cars to) tyres. Tyre Manufacturers will supply three manufacturers, so pick wisely. Firstly, you need to make an offer to a manufacturer with a price your willing to make. If more than three people make an offer on one manufacturer, then a bidding war for them will begin, which will happen until there are only three bidders left.

Rally Raid Signings

All drivers shown in page 1 are available for the rally raid events. All you need to do here is approach a driver. If your the only one to approach a driver, then you will get him for 3/14 of the minimum price shown. If more than one approach a driver, then a bidding war will begin from 3/14 of the drivers minimum price. (You don't need to make a bid for the driver when your approaching him, so all you need to do is to send me the driver(s) name)

(This applies to @airutonpurosuto8912 @The_Laskinator @Dovi design @rubaru @Millsy24 @Márk Lintner @Milos @Slyfrequency)

Preseason Testing

You have 10000KM of preseason testing to use to improve your car. Your car will have base stats and then you have five areas you can test in;

Snow Performance
Tarmac Performance
Gravel Performance
Aero
Durability

Each KM you do costs £200 (so the maximum you can spend is £2,000,000). You also will need to choose a driver to do your preseason testing. It has to be part of your works team. Depending on who you choose to test will mean that you could gain a lot in car performance or maybe even begin to increase a driver's skill, depending on what aspect their testing in.

You need to send me your preseason plan by the following
Driver:
No of KM Snow Performance Testing:
No of KM Tarmac Performance Testing:
No of KM Gravel Performance Testing:
No of KM Aero Testing:
No of KM Durability Testing:

There are a few different strategies you could follow, so think carefully :thumbsup:

@Benutzername @rubaru @Jimlaad43 @Millsy24 @Omer Said @The_Laskinator
@airutonpurosuto8912 @Milos @Dan Timmins @Márk Lintner @TTupsi @Slyfrequency
@Dovi design

Don't send me anything yet, let me message you with your base performances and your budgets before beginning this bit :thumbsup:

I have no information about if i supply ürivateer teams or not

Also i dont quite agree that i have to buy them the tyres. Thats their work, same as fuel and stuff.

What is the tyre cost reflecting? Whole team for whole season? Per car? Per rally? Also, is it somewhat safe to assume the more costly tyres are better?

Is there any correlation between total testing performed and its translation to performance added? i.e. 100km testing = 1 performance point.

What is the tyre cost reflecting? Whole team for whole season? Per car? Per rally? Also, is it somewhat safe to assume the more costly tyres are better?

Per season for the whole team, more expensive tyres are likely to be better

Is there any correlation between total testing performed and its translation to performance added? i.e. 100km testing = 1 performance point.

Depends on a number of things

1- How much testing is done (So every 1000KM means you will have your car improve)
2- The skill of the driver testing (More skilled drivers are likely to give slightly more improvement)
3- If you don't suffer from any crashes or reliability problems (Every driver is prone to crashing, even with 100 skill)

News
- Abu Dhabi Total World Rally Team will become a privateer team, but will continue to receive backing from Citroen, with Citroen agreeing a deal with the team.
- Eurolamp World Rally Team have parted ways with Mini after a difficult 2016 season, and have agreed a deal with newcomers Suzuki
- BRC Racing join the WRC championship, and have agreed a deal with Citroen for the championship.
- FWRT s.r.l have parted ways with both Ford and former driver Lorenzo Bertelli, and have announced a new deal with the returning Subaru team.
- Subaru also agreed a deal with TGS Worldwide OU, after the team parted ways with Skoda after announcing it's intentions of moving up from WRC-2
- Adapta Motorsport returns as a team for the first time since 2012, and have agreed a deal with Mini for 2017.
- J-Motorsport part ways from Citroen after a tough WRC-2 campaign in 2016, and have agreed a deal with the returning Opel
- TAIF Motorsport have departed ways from Ford after they too had a tough WRC-2 campaign, and have also agreed to a deal with Opel
- Lotos Rally Team return as a team, and will continue to run with Ford as they have done in previous years.
- Wevers Motorsport move up from WRC-2, after a very solid year with Nicolas Fuchs, but have parted ways with Skoda and have agreed a deal with Seat
- Printsport have also made the jump from WRC-2, after Ole Christian Veiby performed well for them, and they have switched from Skoda to Suzuki
- PH Sport have moved up from WRC-2, and have switched from Citroen to Skoda, after a tough campaign.
- Napoca Rally Academy won the WRC-3 championship with Tempestini in 2016, and have agreed a deal with Skoda, parting ways with Citroen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes