World Rally Manufacturer Manager - Season One (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we do repairs ourselves?

I haven't got a repair system at the moment. Right now, I feel that could really slow down the game, and also, I don't have that system in game yet. I said in the thread earlier that it's something I will like to implement later on (maybe trial it at a special event), but I don't have it yet. Here's what happens with mechanical problems at the moment;

1- A complete car failure means you will have to wait until the next day until you can compete under Rally-2 Rules unless you tell me otherwise (ie- you tell me to retire the car)
2- Small mechanical problems will exist until you reach a service point or the end of the day.
3- Larger mechanical problems which can cause a retirement will be attempted to be repaired on stage before returning to the end of the stage. If there isn't a service point available next, you can retire the car or try and battle through to the problem, or even take a penalty and fully repair the car. I will let you know what to do with that when the time comes

Exactly, the marketplace for testing wont happen until after the rally. In the Formula Legacy, we have 4 rounds between buys.
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham, you may as well just post the results of each day, rather than stage, so we get a breakdown, but it doesnt take forever for everyone's sake

OK mate :thumbsup:

As there is only one stage left for day 1, I'll post that on it's own. Then day 2 will be SS3-SS8, and so on.

85ème Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo

Day 1- SS2 (Bayons - Breziers 1)

The first pass of the Bayons - Breziers stage also takes place on Tarmac. The 25.49KM stage is a medium length stage. The stage also takes place in the lights, so it's important not to make small mistakes, as they could have severe impacts.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 22.51.03.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 22.51.17.png

In only his second WRC stage in over ten years, Mattias Ekstrom put in a fine display to take the stage win, holding off Mads Ostberg, who is doing a great job for Subaru. Kris Meeke was third fastest, and now inherits the lead of the rally. Hirvonen and Ogier completed the top five, setting an identical time.

Toyota continue there good start. Sordo was on the pace in 6th, with Sirmacis in 11th and Loubet looking better, though still 23rd. Citroen had a much happier stage. While Maurin remained in 22nd, Lefebvre finished a much more respectable 10th. Ford still were struggling with Brynildsen and Bonato with a mechanical problem.

Renault didn't have so much of a good stage, but still both cars put in top 15 performances, with Paddon in 8th and Mikklesen 13th. Skoda will be very pleased with their 1-3, but Gilbert dropped off the pace in 14th, while Tidemand was 20th quickest. Mitsubishi had both cars in the top 10, with Latvala topping Solberg. Subaru saw Elfyn Evans continue to get to grips with the Impreza, with him in 18th.

Opel had an alright stafe, with Tanak in the top 15 but Neuville further behind. Seat had a mixed bag. Suninen looked good in 12th, but Fuchs clipped a rock near the end of the stage. Luckily he managed to crawl back to stage end, but lost a couple of minutes. Suzuki still had Botka looking good compared to his teammates, while Mini and Honda struggled more.

Fabre and Atkinson were the two fastest in the WRC Trophy, with them pulling the gap out over Grondal in his Suzuki. Ligato was 4th fastest ahead of a very impressive Bryan Bouffier, who was the fifth fastest in his B-Spec Hyundai, who even beat two factory entries.

Kikireshko had a spin, and lost two minutes recovering after getting the car stuck. Giordano and his B-Spec Volkswagen broke down, while Pellier crashed out. Both of them will return under Rally-2 rules tomorrow.

End of Day 1 Standings
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 23.07.10.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 23.07.26.png

Day 1 has been a very good start to a new WRC era, with Kris Meeke leading the rally with Skoda. Hirvonen currently lies 2nd, only two tenths behind. A win in stage two sees Ekstrom lie in 3rd, ahead of reigning world champion Ogier. Mads Ostberg rounds out the top five.

In the WRC Trophy, Michel Fabre leads by 7.1 seconds over Chris Atkinson, after impressing in the Privateer car. He lies 26th overall, ahead of seven manufacturer entries. Grondal is third, ahead of Ligato and Plangi

Last edited:
Great start so far and I'm just now seeing the results. One thing, Andy, is some of the names aren't too visible because of color selections. I would even say make my Skoda green a skosh darker.

Last edited:
Tyre choice is another thing managers could do in service. Which compound and how many spares is important in WRC.

Btw, this definitely isn't Ekström's first ever WRC rally :p

• Deleted member 161052

Good first day Ogier, let's keep this up.

85ème Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo
Day 2

Hirvonen Takes Control, Reliability Hits Hard
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 20.42.13.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 20.42.32.png

It was a dream day two for Mikko Hirvonen, as he put in a very controlled performance to build a very bid lead on day two of the Monte Carlo rally, while many leading runners ran into problems, most notable was overnight leader Kris Meeke. Hirvonen was fast through all six stages, and build a comfortable 42.2s lead over Dani Sordo. Sordo and the Toyota squad looked strong today, with Sordo climbing from 6th to 2nd.
Ogier sits third place, after a quiet day two for Citroen. Ekstrom looks good in 4th for Skoda, despite being hindered by some reliability problems on stage three. Stephane Lefebvre was one of the stars of day 2, jumping from 14th to 5th after an inspired performance on the snow.

Apart from Hirvonen's impressive performance, Ford had another quiet day with Brynildsen and Bonato, with them sitting outside the points in 16th and 17th respectively. The other Citroen of Julien Maurin retired on the final stage of the day, after a suspension failure on his Citroen DS3. Kris Meeke retired on stage 7 for Skoda. He didn't look as quick on the snow as he was on the tarmac, but he lost out on a potential podium. Gilbert had a good day for Skoda, and currently lies in 10th place, while Tidemand is currently in 15th place.

Toyota had a trouble free day. As well as Sordo finishing the day 2nd, Sirmacis moved into the top 10 in 9th place, very close to Jari Matti Latvala in front of him. Loubet struggled however, and currently is 20th place. Mitsubishi were the worst affected by reliability. Both Solberg and Valousek retired, Valousek on stage 3 and Solberg on Stage 4. Latvala lies in 8th, after having a quiet day, while Prokop moves up to 13th on the road. Subaru had a mixed day. Stage 4 saw Mads Ostberg, a contender for the win, suffer reliability problems. Elfyn Evans is currently 11th, but is close to the top 10.

Renault also lost a car on the infamous stage 4. Mikklesen ran into problems with his Renault 4, and put a quick snow driver out of the rally. Paddon continued to struggle to get to grips with his Renault, and lies 7th. Opel saw Thierry Neuville run into an electrical glitch on stage 4, before a complete electrical failure occurred on stage 5. Tanak however was on it, and moved himself up to 6th place. Seat lost Esapekka Lappi on stage 6 due to a hydraulics issue. Teemu Suninen runs in 12th place and in the points, while Fuchs recovered to 23rd after his day 1 puncture.

Suzuki looked far better today. David Botka starred as he managed to climb to 14th and in the points, after the Suzuki looked weak yesterday. Kopecky moved to 18th, while Moffett still struggled, and lies 28th. Honda saw Nasser Al Attiyah move up to 19th place, after they too struggled yesterday. Mini also climbed up the order, with Ingram moving up to 22nd and Perez moving up to 27th.

In the WRC Trophy, Michel Fabre continues to dominate, with him 21st overall and leading the Trophy class by over two minutes. The battle for second looks close between Grondal and Atkinson, with Grondal holding the upper hand. Plangi is 4th, ahead of Verschueren in 5th. His teammate Saba is 6th place, ahead of Bouffier and Ligato. Ligato lost several minutes repairing a puncture, and is making up for lost ground. Dubert and Koltun round out the top 10.

57 cars are able to compete tomorrow. Laurent Pellier crashed out once again today, and therefore will not take any further part in the rally

(I'll do a separate post at some point with the stage times as well. If you DON'T want to reenter the rally under Rally-2 rules, let me know by Thursday 12:00 UK Time. You may not be able to get into the top 15, but you can score points on the power stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%