It's 9 months since you started this Caterham thread. 9 months of constant "updates". That's trolling.
Hmm, let's check how long you needed for your mod projects - ah, i see, you never did one.

In your 60 posts all you do is spit hate and misery - go make a tumblr for that please

Can we remove Darcy from this forum entirely? If you moderators haven't figured out yet that this is the extent of the contribution he extends to make, I'm sorry, but I think the rest of us have. Please do us all the favor.

Who cares, it's a Caterham. It will be interesting for a few minutes, but ultimately too slow and boring. No doubt it will be a perfect virtual replica, but you'd be quicker building an actual Caterham.
What Ben said, everyone is free to have their own opinion and preference.
I agree that building a real Caterham would possibly be faster. But then so would be modding faster when having a real Caterham at hand and in this regard Ben has done very well and has had or has access to a Caterham.

---

The suspension issues were my fault not AC, I forgot or didn't know, didn't remember how easy it is to get antisquat and angles of the suspension arms to cause it, there are more factors to it as well.

I've apologized to Kunos for what some have seen as harsh initial reaction/wording. I'll not comment on Kunos's replies to it and their wording.

I do stand by my opinion that the SDK is subpar which is making it difficult for all modders to create content. That's just my opinion, agree disagree as you wish, make your own opinion.

As far as semiaccurate real measurements go and removing the lift issue, I've made a mistake in 1 of 30 values measured for the rear suspension joints which caused an angle in the lower suspension arm and more than 100% antisquat at the current WIP state.

Didn't have any calculator for antisquat as a result didn't notice the precise cause of the lift and all my examples in bug report made afterwards for debugging most likely have very high antisquat over 100%.

For those that want to check their antisquat/antidive here is how.

And if someone knows of a thread that does accept suspension questions unlike this one, let me know I will use it when in doubt or having issues.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't that post accept suspension questions? It's a physics support thread after all, and it's open for entries.

Anyways, you can always open a new thread in the Physics modding sub forum if you have doubts or questions - that could always become some kind of knowledge base. And if you don't call anything a "terrible suspension wanna be simulation" and make sure your issues are valid before parading them around the internet, nobody will have any issue with your questions and doubts ;)

I commend you for owning up to it and apologizing tho.

I do stand by my opinion that the SDK is subpar which is making it difficult for all modders to create content. That's just my opinion, agree disagree as you wish, make your own opinion.

That's not a problem, I imagine you're not alone with that. Reporting an issue or questioning the validity of the simulation is also not a problem if you can back it up, even if it turns out you didn't calculate something properly. The only problem was your wording on Twitter, here, AC forums. It wasn't harsh, it was insulting, questioning if anything Kunos does works at all, if they can do math, that it's a wannabe-simulation and so on.

Anyway - you made a mistake, they told you, you apologised - that should be the end of story. No big deal.

If there's ever some issue don't hesitate to report it - just don't attack the developers over it, even if you didn't mean it that way. No matter what kind of issue it is there's no point in getting in an argument over it even if you can't stand some of the devs. If there's an issue you want to be constructive and want it to be fixed, surely. If you made a mistake you learn and move on, next time you triple-check your stuff and get better at it. No drama, win for everyone.

Looking forward to your work with the Caterham. It's great to see talented modders come together to create stuff like this.

Gevatter: I did and apologized in PM communication, immediately when sending the extra data and again later. It was my mistake and my words were unjustified I suppose snarky.
But I guess they do not like me reporting bugs so I'm banned now anyway as I just found out 8 hours later, no reason for the ban seems to be shown by forum. I think my other recent bug reports were OK but you be the judge of that. It's probably easier to ban "unwanted" users than to check bug reports and resolve issues to improve the product. That's what I get for wanting a better sim but being occasionally snarky.

Epistolarius: Ben has quite a few variants and "experiments", maybe if you ask he will show. It's really Ben's Caterham, I'm helping out with physics, it will be his call what he wants to publish in the end.

Now I hope we can get back on track, I apologize for this stupid derail.

It's probably easier to ban "unwanted" users than to check bug reports and resolve issues to improve the product. That's what I get for wanting a better sim but being occasionally snarky.
Just to clarify: from what I witnessed during my time in the AC forums, users usually don't get banned for reporting bugs, they get banned for being disrespectful. And sh*t like the quote above contributes to those bans.

But I agree, let's get this thread back on track.

Forgetting about all the unnecessariness (That's a big word for me lol)
Really looking forward to your caterham mate... Looks stunning... and I'm sure it will drive the same...
I would almost put money on Kunos buying this off you... Caterhams are such a fun track car :)
Take as long as you need... It's your baby after all.

Those that mind don't matter... Those that matter don't mind ;)

[snip]

I've apologized to Kunos for what some have seen as harsh initial reaction/wording. I'll not comment on Kunos's replies to it and their wording.
[snip]

Dude, either you have a completely distorted view on reality or you are quite spineless.
and hence, whatever you'd call an apology would not be seen as being worth it.
no wonder they banned you.

ok guys, that's enough.

MOVING ON.

And what's a great way to move on other than some screenshots ? :D

a cleaner tyre, thanks to @Stereo tips, XY was the trick! (+saved as 8.8.8 dds and increased to 2048 instead of 1024 because why not) Merci!
7mod_normal_clean.jpg

You know what else is great ?
A new car.
Right, a new car is great.
So stop once and for all, peeps have done mistake. Oh no we're only human! Like you've never done any?
Be happy that they were clever enough to realize their mistake and apologize about it, stop coming back to it.
(i'll copy & paste again just in case)
MOVING ON.

A new car.

Sorry.
A new car.

7mod_170411_420_05.jpg

And better lights
7mod_170411_420_08.jpg

7mod_170411_420_06.jpg

And other stuff improved but that i'm lazy to show.
And by new car i mean, it's only a caterham you know, so it's mainly the same, only that it's different.
It's a tiny little bit faster
7mod_170304_42_13.jpg

Believe it or not i did manage to exit that corner without crashing it (too much)...

To keep it short. I was curious and impatient to see how it looked. Same story with the CUP one :
7mod_170329_cup_01.jpg

It's only a very early convert from the SuperSprint 1700cc, which remain the main goal to release at the moment.
The 420R + its CUP version will come later, so be patient s'il vous plait :)
Some say the 620R is next but who knows really, it's so far from now...
Mainly that's why things are taking time, we're trying with @JackCY to make all the necessary work now that will be common for all the versions of the car so we don't have to do it twice.

And last but not least!
7mod_wiperss.gif

it's such a wrong motion and useless reach of the surface it makes me laugh... of sadness considering the time spent to animate it XD

Be good to each other.

Last edited:
Looks like this guy is really working on those Caterhams !

When it will be released, and if it is going to be free, then I'm going to feel very guilty for not paying any money for it ! So add donations button, just for me at least :D

I want to buy you some beer, or more beer.

Oh man! I'm gonna register as other user so I can Love, Wow like and everything to your screenshots!
I like the idea of the cup version, slowly becoming like gran turismo, we'll have like 6 or 7 caterham!

Ps: working wipers just in case AC2 has rain? Lol

The rear lights look a ton better. The "light on" texture is way too washed out for me, though. Yes, if it's dark and I take a photo with them on and a long exposure they will appear bright purple-ish maybe, but look at this:
2009080_caterham_superlightr300_rear.jpg

I like that a lot better :)

And yeah sorry, I'm not used to being in first place in a race, so I will have to look at those quite a lot :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back