@JackCY - I'm not debating the validity of anything in your post, but I was just watching on your youtube channel and read about the things you wrote. Basically, you're saying everything is working opposite of how it should. Why do no other cars I drive do this crazy behavior? I have probably 700-800 different AC cars and I've never experienced this myself. Do you have any ideas why?

On a separate note, I know this isn't really what this thread is for, but would anyone mind explaining to me what a DeDion suspension is? Sorry, I'm not really a "car guy". I lust after cars, but you don't want me changing your oil. I can promise you. :(
It depends how big the difference in suspension arm end heights is when it is very low like Kunos uses then the bad effects are minimal. The Alfa GTA doesn't squat, it's the only Kunos car I know of right now that has this issue the most noticeable. By reversing the arm end heights you can change it from excessive squat to lift and vice versa.

DeDion = live axle with lower unsprung weight, it has adjustable camber and toe via a "plate", it has half axles with universal joint just like DWB.

http://website.lineone.net/~dmch2/suspension.htm

---

Please help push a fix for this mess so that all cars stock or mods can enjoy proper working realistic physics suspensions.

You mean the broken Academy or mods of it? I've seen most of these and they are miles from accurate :( Are there some newer that work well? Link.
The Academy wasn't even a Caterham physics wise.

I've checked the seats on the 1700 model, you can see it clearly, the driver is sitting more forward that's why the animations that have RHD and LHD versions have the seats moving.

MQM8y1x.jpg

Working around the countless AC bugs is really annoying, hope they fix the mess.

You mean the broken Academy or mods of it? I've seen most of these and they are miles from accurate :( Are there some newer that work well? Link.
The Academy wasn't even a Caterham physics wise.

Who cares, it's a Caterham. It will be interesting for a few minutes, but ultimately too slow and boring. No doubt it will be a perfect virtual replica, but you'd be quicker building an actual Caterham.

Who cares, it's a Caterham. It will be interesting for a few minutes, but ultimately too slow and boring. No doubt it will be a perfect virtual replica, but you'd be quicker building an actual Caterham.

I've driven it and can confirm its not boring.

Of course, naturally peoples opinions differ, but that seems an abstract concept to you.

So to answer your first question, I think many people care.

Nah, they won't. No matter how well done it is, it is still a Caterham. And no one in sim racing wants to drive a Caterham. At least not for more than 10 minutes. The only thing more boring than a Caterham would be some kind of suburban hatchback or industrial van.

These are novelty cars, and the novelty wears off really quickly.

What other opinion would I voice, only my own? If you don't like it, tough. I think these cars are novelty cars and are worthless.

To make an analogy to music, you can make a great album or a novelty one-hit wonder. I know which one has more worth.

What other opinion would I voice, only my own? If you don't like it, tough. I think these cars are novelty cars and are worthless.

If that were the case there would be no problem. But that's just it, you weren't only voicing your opinion, you were speaking for everyone.

...I think many people care.

Nah, they won't. No matter how well done it is... And no one in sim racing wants to drive a Caterham...

See? Like I said, let everyone else form their own thoughts, and no one will bother you with yours.

You could have said something along the lines of "Nice model, but personally I'm not a fan of slower cars so I'll give this one a miss". Nope, just crashed right in claiming there is no sim racers on earth who find enjoyment in Caterhams.

Jump onto the AC forums and see how many people are asking for Caterham to be included in the upcoming British Pack (or asking for this specific mod to become official content), and you'll soon see people are capable of thoughts that differ from your own.

Yeah, and why do you think there are a lot of guys following this thread, replying to it, etc. ? That doesn´t sound like no one in sim racing is interested in this one at all.

One of my most anticipated car mods for sure. Might not drive it every day, but that´s the case for a lot of cars. Taking this one out on Nords will be awesome, and I guess it would be awesome to explore new tracks or do a kind of trackday. Add to that the hillclimb tracks we have and I think I´ll drive this a lot.

You could have said something along the lines of "Nice model, but personally I'm not a fan of slower cars so I'll give this one a miss". Nope, just crashed right in claiming there is no sim racers on earth who find enjoyment in Caterhams..

Yes, you are right, I am sorry. I should have spoke for myself only.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 62 71.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 18 20.7%