[WIP] 1997 NATCC Super Touring Championship

I can add two more cars to the mod now :) Tom Finelly Bmw which I found a pic for and I spotted a yellow honda at the back of the grid on the Toronto video. Its Roberto Quintanilla honda accord but its only a quick look so it won't be perfect.

Also I have just bought the 1996 NATCC season review book from ebay so might have a few pics in it

Yes, the Quintanilla car was bought from Pobst/Neuspeed.

The Quintanilla car was bought from Pobst and after a race accident, never appeared in the series again. OTOH, like many teams, they were a one race team. Other teams had ST cars, but not enough to even make one event. If every NATCC car/team appeared, they would had like 20 cars. Instead, the series only had 12 cars at the most.
found in this thread,....

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2391004&page=2

Its a shame the series couldn't get going but the main problem I think was competition from Nascar and Indycars. The Quintanilla car I will just paint the Pobst car from 96 and then just change some sponsors :D

Good find

I watched it....on SpeedVision....but thought that it needed bigger coverage and more support but it did bring about the Speed Challenge series Touring car and GT but of course that has changed as well....

Fair play mate, sun is out here in london so sod being on the computer (apart from work) haha

trying to do a little skinning myself, having an issue with windows on a primera showing up cloudy on external view, fine internally. Any thoughts??

Fair play mate, sun is out here in london so sod being on the computer (apart from work) haha

trying to do a little skinning myself, having an issue with windows on a primera showing up cloudy on external view, fine internally. Any thoughts??

I haven't painted a primera personally so im not sure if its a template issue maybe. I use Gimp for painting and save the windows as BC3 DXT and don't generate mipmaps ( think thats right from memory) lol

i havent done the windows for that yet, a) i cant edit tga files and b) i havent been able to get my cars to work with the custom skin folder with this mod haha

I haven't painted a primera personally so im not sure if its a template issue maybe. I use Gimp for painting and save the windows as BC3 DXT and don't generate mipmaps ( think thats right from memory) lol

:O_o: you should use DXT 5 and generate mipmaps! :thumbsup:
for the alpha: duplicate the alpha channel to a new channel, flatten your skin before exporting to dds and then apply a layer mask using the duplicated alpha channel then apply the layer mask to your single layer...after that you can export to DXT5 and you should have a window texture with working alpha ;) don't try anything else as you won't get satisfying results :cool:
for the skins you should use DXT1 and generate mipmaps too :thumbsup:

(for explanation: the mipmaps make the texture smoother on distances...without the textures look sharp and edgy even with full AA etc.)

Thanks for the info funk, shall give it a go over the weekend. not quite sure how this alpha channel stuff works but will give it a go!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back