F1 2010 Winning the season in the Lotus @ max difficulty is disappointing

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks, while im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top iracers.
Anyone else feel the same?

HAHAHA!!!!!
I'm also in the top 30 for time trials on the global leaderboard in F1 2010 on 3 circuits out of only 6 that I've set times for.

Not a massive acheivement. When I last looked, I was 1st on all the tracks I attempted. A good sim racer doesn't need to do hot laps to know they are quick. That point is irrelevent.

Besides, I too can get easy wins in the Lotus with the same settings, although punctures have stopped that occasionally.

Seems impossible to me and some of you, but I personally know that when I race the 100% race all my laps are not perfect. I have no doubt in my mind that if they put in the hours, perfection will soon follow. Heck, I watch you tube videos of people beating Dragonforce on the hardest setting in guitar hero and I thought that was impossible!

Seems impossible to me and some of you, but I personally know that when I race the 100% race all my laps are not perfect. I have no doubt in my mind that if they put in the hours, perfection will soon follow. Heck, I watch you tube videos of people beating Dragonforce on the hardest setting in guitar hero and I thought that was impossible!

As a professional musician and guitarist this comment gave me a giggle. ^^.

You have to also be sure to set difficulty while answering the interview questions... answer the most "cocky Reply" You want to be challenged by the best or something along that affect.

This will make it much harder too!
That just sets the difficulty to expert. If you picked something else you could change it to expert later and it would be the same.

To the OP: Like others in this thread, I find this hard to believe unless you are a complete alien. I see that your iRating is not much higher than mine so that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know what to say other than double check all of your settings.

Hehe. not sure whats up with all the bashing. After a few hours with the game i noticed that i could brake later and later and later. Started to find that sweet spot for accelerating out of corners. I'm hanging with the AI (not outrunning them) on straights.

All on legendary, no assists, etc. My iracing irating isnt that hot, but once you figure out the nuances to this game you can be blindingly quick in the lotus. I'm not winning races, but sitting in top 5 unless i get a puncture (which i've almost gotten used to now).

Catalunya was a different beast tho.

I've seen blindingly quick ppl in GTR evo have problems in iracing. the same case could be said here.

BTW, i usually play with a beer in hand, and treat it like a casual game, so i'm sure if i focused some more on it, i could put up some better times (least thats what i tell myself :p)

All i think of is maybe i chose something different in the first interview that affects the AI speed.
To those saying to check my settings again, like i said im not stupid i havent overlooked anything.
@ Andrew, i havent raced in iracing in ages but as you say im nowhere near an alien.
As i say maybe that interview answer makes a difference? but for me its easy to do lap after lap consistently while on the edge in this game.
I cant race on the edge for lap after lap in iracing,rfactor,GTR2 etc thats the big difference.
For my next season ill be making sure to run the mod that lets you select percentage of grip level.

Ive been very lucky with punctures, ive only had 2 in total in my career so far but i get atleast one per race in a single grand prix [non career] , one was right as i came out of last corner in Sepang about to pit anyways , the other was in Catalunya when i just quit the game to finish 24th place as i was tight on time.
To those calling me a liar, take a look at the game to point the finger tbh.
Either way i wont be having any input in this thread as it will simply encourage more accusations.

PC version?
Again, I tell you, as I've posted before... with fuel simulation on, your car at the beginning of races is just bogged down by weight and the AI just pulls away too easily.
Unless you're running 10% race lengths, I don't know. I run 30% or more.

PC version?
Again, I tell you, as I've posted before... with fuel simulation on, your car at the beginning of races is just bogged down by weight and the AI just pulls away too easily.
Unless you're running 10% race lengths, I don't know. I run 30% or more.

'eh. Last couple races i actually have been picking ppl off pretty well in the opening laps. its the post pit stop stint that kills me alot. I just cant seem to find the leaders again (or they dont pit, which makes for some interesting results lol)

This is with fuel sim and tire sim on. With those off the game is pretty easy. Though the first few days i had it was in the same boat, screaming at the game trying to figure out why i was getting destroyed...Though i think i did the same thing in iracing first starting out (not that i've gotten much better :p )

I'm sorry but it's been agreed that the player car does get affected by fuel weight and the other cars aren't, and I've tried to run a full race with fuel sim on, and there's no way to catch cars at the start. I'm not the best driver but I'm far from the worst, too. I do choose weird and effective lines in the first corner to make up some places, but that's not what I call "doing well at the start".
After the first couple corners the front cars begin pulling away and the ones behind me make a little train. It's almost impossible to escape this situation. I really can't believe people are winning with Lotuses like this.

100% race distance so your 100% fat with fuel, Legend AI, Catalunya, tyre and fuel sim on. You will not win in a Lotus.

The AI lap in the 1.22 to 1.21 range from lap 1 onwards. Your be lucky to be anywhere near the 1.25s early on. Best of luck

Well I think the majority agree that OP has been smoking crack.

The only thing I could see being different is perhaps he's doing very short races (3 lap? or 10%) and isn't affected by the fuel or tyre sim and isn't required to pit? If this is the case then perhaps he should try experiencing the game properly before making threads like this.

If I can be bothered I will make a video to show how quick the AI cars are, under full sim and hardest difficulty conditions. Everyone who is undecided could then make up their minds based on this.

Also the comment from the OP about being 1st place on all of the tracks he's set a time for in Time Trial on the global leaderboards, please let me know what your GFWL name is and I will check this... It's a big claim and stinks of more bull****.

not that i want to add fuel to this fire. Here's qauly at Germany. Havent raced on this track before. Legend Ai. all sim on. All i'm really curious about tho, is whether u guys see similar ai times????

Pole was vetel, 1:18.822
I ran 1:19.3 at 7th :(

race is starting in the wet. AI is rubbish in rain lol. Just finished the race. 8th. Track started to dry and i didnt want to stop again and my tires were just toast lol. In the wet i was up to 3-4th. a couple brief off's ruined it. think i hit low 1:20's for fastest lap. wish it showed you post race.

Attachments

• Germany.jpg
    Germany.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 312
The OP never stated the lenght of his races.

I saw another poster who was very proud of winning the championship on 3 lap races! That made me laugh...

For me, the sweet-spot is 50% races. Less than that and I don´t feel that you have really been in a race, - more than that and I loose concentration.

I most say that I find it hard to believe that you can be that good on all the tracks. I have some tracks where I am faster than the AI, but also some tracks where the AI is much faster.

What do you think?

Cheers,

• John Parnell

ive only managed 15th in 1st race and 8th in 2nd race full sim on all assists off ledgendary AI >< either im really bad or your really good

In another forum that i access, theres a guy who claims that he can do the same, in expert, IA Legend and all assists OFF, with this post i belive that Damien and this other guy (who too play in simulators) don't have reasons to be lying!! But i really don't have any idea on how they can do this! (me too play in sim games, but i'm not so bad in these...)

I've tryed so hard and simply can't go near this, in the lotus my best position till now was 14, but really work hard on that...

There must be something into it: the sim racers are really all good playing this game (least I) or theres a glitch somewere in the game that affects some players...

But again: I also dont doubt the ability of these people, maybe the guys are really good and this game will not satisfy them at all.

*** Sorry if theres any english errors, i'm brazilian :) ***

Ive seen plenty videos of 'simracers' doing amazing laps in Rfactor where you can cleary see they've got major assists on, yet they claim it was all skill.

Some people just get off from being the best, even if they're cheating their arse off.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.