F1 2010 Winning the season in the Lotus @ max difficulty is disappointing

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks, while im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top iracers.
Anyone else feel the same?

Ive seen plenty videos of 'simracers' doing amazing laps in Rfactor where you can cleary see they've got major assists on, yet they claim it was all skill.

Some people just get off from being the best, even if they're cheating their arse off.

on the flipside i've raced with many, in games where assists were disabled or didnt exist (iracing), and seen them run amazing laps :D

Regardless, the AI in the game is pretty finicky, venue venue, and the driver characteristics make it even more interesting to figure out whats going on, since you dont have splits to your nearest competitor, only the leader.

I think the game isnt handling certain race distances well, and even CM has mentioned that some of the AI numbers may need a look at. Whether that will happen we dont know.

Winning with the lesser on even 40/50% races is near impossible with all assists OFF/sim settings ON.... the rate of acceleration will have you beat every time. Catalunya, Hockenheim, Silverstone, Spa, Monza made me cry with injustice - and I definitely WASNT slow, I know those tracks backwards.

You cant get in front unless you are clever/lucky with pitstops (or weather), or somehow muscle your way through at the race start when everyone is bogged down in traffic.

Only way to win, is to qualify first (again very hard unless wet) and then block overtakers.

Even on tracks where I am lightning fast, the top 4 constructors especially make me look stupid on any straight over 130mph. Unless the AI track speed is bugged (think Bahrain and Abu Dhabi definitely are) then winning with Lotus/HRT/Virgin etc is derfinitely not easy.

Having said that... I'm now racing for BMW Sauber... and have managed to comnfortably be in top 8 for all sessions of first 3 races, and can just about compete when on a straight

Ive seen plenty videos of 'simracers' doing amazing laps in Rfactor where you can cleary see they've got major assists on, yet they claim it was all skill.

Some people just get off from being the best, even if they're cheating their arse off.

A cracking 1st post at the home of many simracers :(

Winning with the lesser on even 40/50% races is near impossible with all assists OFF/sim settings ON.... the rate of acceleration will have you beat every time. Catalunya, Hockenheim, Silverstone, Spa, Monza made me cry with injustice - and I definitely WASNT slow, I know those tracks backwards.

You cant get in front unless you are clever/lucky with pitstops (or weather), or somehow muscle your way through at the race start when everyone is bogged down in traffic.

Only way to win, is to qualify first (again very hard unless wet) and then block overtakers.

Even on tracks where I am lightning fast, the top 4 constructors especially make me look stupid on any straight over 130mph. Unless the AI track speed is bugged (think Bahrain and Abu Dhabi definitely are) then winning with Lotus/HRT/Virgin etc is derfinitely not easy.

Having said that... I'm now racing for BMW Sauber... and have managed to comnfortably be in top 8 for all sessions of first 3 races, and can just about compete when on a straight

Can't agree I have an all sim set-up Fuel / Tyre Sim on - Legendary AI - 50% race distance. I qualified on pole in the Lotus at Monza by 1.8 seconds and was driving within myself to make sure that I kept it on track. Really feel the pressure in the 3 sessions where you must post a lap. I'm a mid level iRacer and I have praticed Monza to be quite quick but there is no way a Lotus should qualify on pole by that margin and then be competitive in race - I post about the same lap times in race as the leaders. A top 3 finish is very doable and a win if I keep it mistake free. That should not be possible on Legendary AI in a Lotus. I have no difficulty outdragging the "faster" cars on the straights in the Lotus albeit with the lowest downforce set-up.

Now that's only in Grand Prix mode at Monza. I haven't really tried other tracks or career mode yet but presume there is no difference in pace between the modes.

Cheers

Can't agree I have an all sim set-up Fuel / Tyre Sim on - Legendary AI - 50% race distance. I qualified on pole in the Lotus at Monza by 1.8 seconds and was driving within myself to make sure that I kept it on track. Really feel the pressure in the 3 sessions where you must post a lap. I'm a mid level iRacer and I have praticed Monza to be quite quick but there is no way a Lotus should qualify on pole by that margin and then be competitive in race - I post about the same lap times in race as the leaders. A top 3 finish is very doable and a win if I keep it mistake free. That should not be possible on Legendary AI in a Lotus. I have no difficulty outdragging the "faster" cars on the straights in the Lotus albeit with the lowest downforce set-up.

Now that's only in Grand Prix mode at Monza. I haven't really tried other tracks or career mode yet but presume there is no difference in pace between the modes.

Cheers

Thats a point actually....
The car performance is DEFINITELY difference between modes.
After doing a few TTs and GPs when I first got game, I havent touched to race anything but Career mode or multiplayer online.

GP/TT/MP mode, you automatically have all R&D upgrades for a start.
Also cannot confirm this but I get the feeling the car performance mode 'EQUAL' that is found in MP mode may automatically apply here in GP/TT mode. It certainly doesnt in career mode.

Really, the other offline modes (GP/TT) are there for practice. The game is geared toward you progressing through career mode and that is the only place you will get the real/full challenge.

I guarantee you will not win the first race at Bahrain (if dry), there are too many long straights and most of the field (especially the top 8) will leave you for dust.

Its clearly obvious that on some tracks the qualifying is far too slow, but then they generally drive faster in the race. I qualified on pole at monza in the lotus, hitting 220mph down the main straight. Come to the race and the ferrari's were so much faster than me i had no chance, aside from blockin and pushing them off the track there was no way i could stop them passing me as they were so fast accelerating in a straight line, oh and i was racing with fuel sim off so you can assume that situation would become 10x worse with fuel sim on.

Another thing, it seems random as to how fast the cars are, i restarted monza due to penalties and in my second attempt i was able to stay in first, the ferrari's fumbled around behind me and did not have the same blistering speed, i then stayed in first until i messed up, eventually finishing 2nd. However on my first attempt i had absolutely no chance.

Im not sure if the game can be easier or harder on you or if the AI battling with each other is causing them to be slow sometimes, one thing is for sure is that i have qualified pole and then by the 2nd lap of the race had the AI drivers easily beating my pole position time during the race.

Another thing, it seems random as to how fast the cars are, i restarted monza due to penalties and in my second attempt i was able to stay in first, the ferrari's fumbled around behind me and did not have the same blistering speed, i then stayed in first until i messed up, eventually finishing 2nd. However on my first attempt i had absolutely no chance.

this is the thing thats baffling me. I've had my fare share of restarts. crazy sequence of punctures, crashing (d'oh too many beers), and have noticed on some restarts a different pace to the race.

I dont think the weather changed enough to impact it. This is leading me to think theres a bug or larger issue with the AI, thats causing everyone to have some wild results.

If you're really winning the championship with expertmode , fuel etc , everything manual..you're truely a talent ...
I'm now running full-lap races (yes the full 2-hour races!) and i'm pretty happy ending within 10th place with the lotus to be honest...
I've done 3 races now and just crashed my car in the fourth race ..pity ..i'm really having a blast .
Nevertheless , i'm not a true gaming-talent , do have some fair bit of real-racing experience..this game truely is a handfull with all helps or limitations (fuel/tires/pitcontrol) off on expert mode .

What i do like though about the full-lap races is the fact that the tactical side (pitstops/fuel etc) of the game is really nicely implemented . Especially on the longer weekends you can see how the teams progress throughout the sessions

for the average console racing gamer, i think the ai is quite challenging on this game, even in professional difficulty (which is spot on for my skill, or lack of). i can only see the leaderboard masters crushing the field in legend with no assists and full sim, but they would do this in any other game, so this is not an issue of f1 2010.

i don't have that much experience on racing "sims", only seriously played race pro, forza and the early gran turismo titles. against all of these, f1's ai is clearly the best and the funniest to race against, at least on dry weather. in wet races, i have to agree, the ai is awful.

i'm uninstalling this. i love having the F1 experience, but the races are just comical.

AI HRT 7th at spa (not their first race getting points)
Another race weekend with punctures
For some reason whomever would be ahead of me was lapping insanely quick, faster than the qualy times.

i'd like to bank on a patch, but i know how that goes :)
If the game supported MP mods that'd be a different story, but it doesnt seem to at this point, since no dedicated servers?!?!

Heh , i've been trowing my wheel off and on for the last couple of hours aswell ppfff getting bored without a real online-experience ...
But i leave it on , just for the carreer mode aswell as the time-trials...

It must be said, this game has some awesome developed tracks aswell :)

i was seeing some TT videos on youtube and now i understand how can some people think this game is too easy. damn simracers take corners at speeds that i wouldn't believe to be possible, made me feel like a scared baby.

• Mjollnir

Well i did not drive the championschip yet. I can see the emotions are very high on this topic. I can just say that in my eyes its not impossobile to win it in lotus. I noticed then when people drive in barain times of 1.50 (time trial/mclaren). They think its the fastest possible. I drove the same times. Then i noticed times of 1:48, 1:47 and 1:46(on xbox at least). My first reaction was (as i used to do real life karting and i do have at least some talent)THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. So i sat down...tried and tried....And i can drive times in 1:47 now. So thats 3 seconds faster then i thought was fast. 3 seconds faster in a lotus (when you are now able to drive top 10) will give you a good shot on winning.

The only way to test this once and for all. Is to have the same drivers race with their favourite setup and track with different cars.

Try completing your fastest/favourite GP, 3 times (dry) on any race length 10% or longer:
Game 1 - Lotus/Virgin/HRT
Game 2 - BMW Sauber/Renault/Williams
Game 3 - McLaren/Ferrari/RBR

I have completed Monza twice (Legendary/Full Sim/20% race) and at could not get above 8th in Game 1 using a Virgin and came 24secs behind leader.
I won Game 2 with BMW Sauber by 4secs.

I must admit i didnt spy my fastest laps for either, so may start test again... but am assuming by what I've done already - I will win Monza by 30secs+.

One thing I did immediately notice though, is the Virgin car seemed way faster doing Monza in GP mode than when I did it in Career mode.

With everything set to hardest no aids, i was able to win in canada in my lotus in career mode, but at catalunya i could not even touch the rest of the field. they are just way to fast. no matter how good you are i dont think it is possible to win there in your hrt/lotus/virgin.

With everything set to hardest no aids, i was able to win in canada in my lotus in career mode, but at catalunya i could not even touch the rest of the field. they are just way to fast. no matter how good you are i dont think it is possible to win there in your hrt/lotus/virgin.

Yeah same thing happened to me... I came 3rd in Montreal, and could barely keep up with backmarkers at Catalunya.

AI pace needs to be tweaked so they are consistent through all tracks/corners.

i DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I THINK THAT UR CHATTING BULLSH!T. NOBODY ELSE HAS BEEN SAYING THEY WON BY A COUNTRY MILE IN A SH!T CAR ON HARDEST DIFFICULTY WITH NO ASSISTS. TO ME. UNLESS U HAVE SOME ROCK HARD PROOF U AINT FOOLING NOBODY. SORRY FOR BEING SO BLUNT JUST HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST

Well theres no need to say im lieing, infact that offends me alot. This will be my last post regarding this game if i am going to get abuse like this...

Here is my driver profile - Click Me

And here is my achievements that i have got so far - Click Me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back