PC1 Will Project Cars have dedicated servers?

To get this thread back on topic I have a question or two with regards to multiplayer.

When will it be made available to all pcars members? How many slots will be supported online? Dedicated server?

Do you want us to setup a racing club for pCars so we can race online against eachother? If so, who will run it?

Ok, today with build316 multiplayer (with its current imperfections) is now available to the manager tier. Here's a statement from SMS regarding the rest of the tiers:

"The reason for managers only added now btw is that load testing wise we need to phase things in, as we've done essentially no proper load testing yet. The rough plan is for seniors to be added next Friday, full members the week after, then team members. This is subject to change though depending on how the server/game holds up."

So still tracking to have everyone (no mention of Juniors) in by end of october.

mp seems to be open to all ; but the collision model makes it harder to play than netkarpro was , so i think this may just mar the multiplayer experience , slightest touch and moon type physics take over , lets hope that gets fixed soon

Andi

mp seems to be open to all ; but the collision model makes it harder to play than netkarpro was , so i think this may just mar the multiplayer experience , slightest touch and moon type physics take over , lets hope that gets fixed soon

Andi

Thats a rather sweeping generalisation.
Many people are having great fun in Multiplayer without huge collision issues. Sure they occur from time to time, but it hardly mars the experience.

Most are reporting the huge fun to be had for such an early MP release.

mp seems to be open to all

I don't think so....I'm a Team Member and Online menus are still disabled for me.

8080033597_717183b936_b.jpg

Thats a rather sweeping generalisation.
Many people are having great fun in Multiplayer without huge collision issues. Sure they occur from time to time, but it hardly mars the experience.

Most are reporting the huge fun to be had for such an early MP release.

i played 5 games/races and in each game cars were airborn after contact at 30kph , people would touch going into a corner and one of ther cars would roll over onto its roof or fly up in the air , occasional is once i a while not once every corner , im sorry if you disagree that is your right , its about perception i perceive this is an issue that make the game in some ways unrace-able , if you wish to accept a lower standard to race in that is a choice , my comment comparing this to the earlier netkarpro version i believe is fair and this did create races being very difficult as the collision model didnt allow for racing

Andi

Maybe some of us could get together this weekend and mess about with the multiplayer. I've actually enjoyed my time with it havent had any issues with flying cars after contact. Sometimes there are some random cars just sitting on the side of the track, but I had a good 10 lap battle in the audi dtm with a lot of back and forth and side by side through turns. It's honestly a lot better than I thought it was going to be this early. This is what I have been waiting for with pcars, no more testing alone :)

in the past 2 days I have raced for 6.5 hours

Some races were frustrating (especially the starts) but overall I'm having a great time, better than racing AI at least. Humans can be crazy drivers too

Glad you're having some fun :) Yesterday I downloaded the latest version and fired up pCars with -Seta and I have to say that its a huge step forward with the physics of the cars. The feeling was great and I could actually feel the bumps on the road, loosing the car and getting it back etc etc. Still some bugs but it's definitely a good way forward and I'm sure it's gonna be great. ;)

Do you play MP with -Seta or still with the BMT?

Cheers

I'm still using BTM but I think next time I play I will use STM. People are saying Zonda feels really good with STM and Zonda is one of my top cars in the game. She screams!

Know what? I could not resist and upgraded to Full Member and now I can't stop playing pCars multiplayer with STM :)-

Have to say I'm loving racing online with those amazing graphics and the new tire model is quite fun for a first beta.

The only issue is the car collisions, you can't really get close to another car, but they are working on it and we should be getting an update and fix for this soon (it's mentioned in the WMD forum).

All in all, it's freken worth it and fun!

Cheers

I thought we could have an official multiplayer thread. In here we could discuss our experiences with multiplayer and maybe even schedule some races sometime. You can't invite friends yet so we could post in here with a day and time and see if anyone wants to have a go :)

My personal experience with multiplayer so far has been pretty good. There are the obvious issues at hte starts, I dont know if it's coding or meat heads, but it always seems like someone doesnt go and causes mass chaos. Once the races get started though, I've had some great battles. Been running the seta tire model which adds another dynamic as you can actually lose the ass of the car from time to time. The new tire model is in beta form right now and they dropped some off the ffb effects until it's more developed, but i'm already enjoying it a lot better than the old stuff. I can feel the car a lot better which is great. Every now and then it feels a little funky, mostly at low speed cornering, but I'm smiling and loving every minute of it with the multiplayer.

Here is a video from some MP action earlier tonight. The first part is the palmer jaguar at besos(barcelona) and then there is some Asano A4 at Wisconsin (Road America). I added a lap with the hood view at the end if anyone likes to use that driving view.

NOTE: All my graphics settings are on low otherwise I get crappy fps with 3 monitors and my wimpy little 6950. It still doesnt look half bad for low settings, but I just wanted people to know that this isnt the full direct x 11 maxed out graphics experience :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back