PC1 Will Project Cars have dedicated servers?

Because you type with some authority. You offered a free pass earlier so I just thought you had connections. Forgive me if I am wrong and you are just another paying beta tester.

I was only reffering to what Ian wrote to you earlier in the thread.. I skipped ahead and missed the missconception about the offer.

To clarify my standpoint, I don't see myself as a beta tester.. The community really has real input about the developement of the game and I am a part of how it develops.

A few of you on here must have a lot of time on your hands if despite apparently loathing and detesting a product/company for whatever reason, you feel the need to sit on a forum all day and constantly bad mouth it despite seemingly having little/no input on its development.

Ok, promises may have been seemingly been broken but really so what? What have you personally lost by pcars being in development apart from apparently a ton of your free time spent bitching about it??

It's not perfect and it's not likely to be. Nothing is. Fact is that a bunch of folks are seemingly having a decent time spent doing something productive and helping the development to an extent for as little as 10 euros.

All we ever seem to get from you guys seems to be "we hate it!", "it's not a real sim!". What the hell is a "real" sim anyway? It's a game just like rf2, iracing and all the other ones, it just has a slightly different feel to it.

If you don't like the feel of it then you have several options:-

1) Don't play it, stfu and let others play it in peace.
2) Explain why (without using insults) on the wmd forums. Believe it or not, people have done this without Micas or Ian coming round to your house and raping your dog.
3) Don't play it and spend what (presumably) little spare time you have being a moaning, miserable git on here slagging off anyone and everything.

It is a real shame that all the threads on here have been contaminated by all this negativity and for what it's worth I can see some critics points but please give it a rest for crying out loud.

I was only reffering to what Ian wrote to you earlier in the thread.. I skipped ahead and missed the missconception about the offer.

To clarify my standpoint, I don't see myself as a beta tester.. The community really has real input about the developement of the game and I am a part of how it develops.

I see. Well glad that's cleared up. As for his offer, well I took that with a real pinch of salt to be honest. I know it was only words typed on a forum. But I'd be the first to say on here that I was wrong if he means it. I'd love to join in with the discussions on WMD, I really would. ;)

Im sure that you just made up that scenario all by your self? Pretty creative mind you got Peter!

I think it would be more like this.

Someone - " this title stinks"
Forum response - "interresting, tell us more and let us share cake together!"

''It's better to have a stable basic FFB for testing the game, this way it leads to nothing.
With this build I feel more like a "Ice road trucker" than a race driver. It's not a pleasure testing the new tracks and cars.
Sorry.''

Director
''No need to apologise, we're well aware of your constant stream of negative criticism, both here and at RaceDepartment.''

Senior
''At first it´s better to find the right starting point and code to start with before you can get sth. basic. No matter if it´s a pleasure for you or not..and it doesn´t really care. It´s coding phase and the devs at SMS are reworking their engine. So live with it or leave it....as hard as it sounds.''

A few of you on here must have a lot of time on your hands if despite apparently loathing and detesting a product/company for whatever reason, you feel the need to sit on a forum all day and constantly bad mouth it despite seemingly having little/no input on its development.

If you don't like the feel of it then you have several options:-

1) Don't play it, stfu and let others play it in peace.
2) Explain why (without using insults) on the wmd forums. Believe it or not, people have done this without Micas or Ian coming round to your house and raping your dog.
3) Don't play it and spend what (presumably) little spare time you have being a moaning, miserable git on here slagging off anyone and everything.

Ahh, another WMD conscript attempting to make waves. Sorry we don't agree with your opinions here, but hey, you didn't have to waste your time reading this whole thread and then type out a huge insulting post. But hey ho, I guess some of you have more time on your hands than you realize?

Thanks for the insults though. Only to be expected. :thumbsup:

Senior
''At first it´s better to find the right starting point and code to start with before you can get sth. basic. No matter if it´s a pleasure for you or not..and it doesn´t really care. It´s coding phase and the devs at SMS are reworking their engine. So live with it or leave it....as hard as it sounds.''

What is wrong with that. He's saying that they are reworking the engine, so its best to live with it the way it is until the new engine comes out. It's hard to make changes to something they are already working on and havent put out yet. You are describing problems with an existing engine that isnt likely to be used in the end, so stating problems with it is kind of unnecessary.

What is wrong with that. He's saying that they are reworking the engine, so its best to live with it the way it is until the new engine comes out. It's hard to make changes to something they are already working on and havent put out yet. You are describing problems with an existing engine that isnt likely to be used in the end, so stating problems with it is kind of unnecessary.
He was only asking for some basic FFB, not the console gamepad rumble they have for month now.
In the early build the FFB was better than GTR2/Race07.

Ahh, another WMD conscript attempting to make waves. Sorry we don't agree with your opinions here, but hey, you didn't have to waste your time reading this whole thread and then type out a huge insulting post. But hey ho, I guess some of you have more time on your hands than you realize?

Thanks for the insults though. Only to be expected. :thumbsup:

Insults? Waves? Just curious why folk would waste energy on something that doesn't interest them? I doubt that moaning git is the worst insult that you've ever faced. I'm not demanding or expecting you to change your opinion though I notice that you have an offer to try which I'd be happy for you to take (in the right way).
I was balanced in my post and you'll notice that the above was my 1st post on the issue so my word count is rather lower than many.

While I can agree that that I liked the old FFB a lot. I think calling the new WIP FFB "gamepad rumble" is a lie and complete disslocation of reality.
I have no idea which FFB code they use currently. If that's really an issue please ask at WMD.

There are lots of possibilities: code is good, just the actual cars are crap. or they switched to rumble code for whatever reasons. maybe a combination of both, as some people prefer additional "artificial" feedback which also favors some wheel FFB types (as you don't want "true" FFB/rumble for curbs and other things when the motor is unable to output it correctly) . or it's just too weak here and there (avoids clipping but also reduces FFB strength)

As already has been said "basic FFB" would make giving (user) feedback much easier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%