PC1 Will Project Cars have dedicated servers?

Yeah, agree, contact has been improved but still, if you have a slight contact 90% of the times you're gonna be thrown out from the track........

MP is still fun, but first lap is a nightmare unless you are racing with experienced drivers.

If they would make MP available for normal members as well we could open a racing club and avoid the pointless T1 crashing.

But of course people first need to upgrade to team membership because of "load" issues. Would like to give a new definition to the word load by my lawyer said: better not.

Hope this alpha, beta, zeta stuff is over soon so we can enjoy a normal game without the marketing. Game looks great and I am happy that the physics are now also improving and I am tempted to see it in action here at the RD Racing Club but the fact that people are forced to upgrade puts me off again.

When will MP be available for all members?

If they would make MP available for normal members as well we could open a racing club and avoid the pointless T1 crashing.

Sessions are still open to anyone, no password protection, so I guess it wont be feasible until they implement that.

Game looks great and I am happy that the physics are now also improving and I am tempted to see it in action here at the RD Racing Club but the fact that people are forced to upgrade puts me off again.

When will MP be available for all members?

The BWM Z4 is totally awesome (with -seta and updated FFB xml) IMHO, I can't stop racing with it. There are a few others too which feel great...yet some others are not drive-able to me.

There is no mention when it's available to all, but I guess it wont be for a while until many things are ready. Team member is not even the full price of the game, I think it's worth it how things are moving.

Can you explain me then why team members don't find it a problem that "many things are not ready" but junior members need to be kept away from it?

If its a technical issue wouldnt the data you get from a massive multiplayer test with all usergroups be much better? Also if all junior members decide to upgrade to at least team member will the "technical and load issues" be gone all of a sudden?

Can you explain me then why team members don't find it a problem that "many things are not ready" but junior members need to be kept away from it?

If its a technical issue wouldnt the data you get from a massive multiplayer test with all usergroups be much better? Also if all junior members decide to upgrade to at least team member will the "technical and load issues" be gone all of a sudden?

Very good point Bram. They said there is no agenda behind this except the "load" you mentioned, but I guess only them and God know why...

SMS did it that way because it was more efficient to find bugs and do troubleshooting.

The more they could stablize the MP, the more it was opened for a bigger range of people.

IMHO that's a simple and logical process for QA and there are a lot of software developpers out there the work after the same schema.

SMS did it that way because it was more efficient to find bugs and do troubleshooting.

The more they could stablize the MP, the more it was opened for a bigger range of people.

IMHO that's a simple and logical process for QA and there are a lot of software developpers out there the work after the same schema.
The only reason is to force the juniors to upgrade, nothing more nothing less.

The only reason is to force the juniors to upgrade, nothing more nothing less.

You guys make me laugh. And how do you know that? Do you work at SMS and have inside information? I'm not saying otherwise, but this attitude of "knowing" with certainty what's going as if you have a genie does itch me a bit.

You might be right or wrong, but I find it unfair to make such statements without absolute proof.

Ive been popping my head in and out and checking the MP experience there are still a few major issues that need to be addressed if it is to work ; collisions ; they are still all over the place , especially on the start line . Dead cars , if someone leaves or a connection is dropped the car stays there like a new chicane and is in that position until the race ends or it is hit out the way; which is a royal PITA ....; the cut track messages when your in the middle of the track are quite amusing aswell

Other than that its still pretty , the tyre model needs fixing/finishing but there are signs of improvement (personally i would like a much bigger FFB mixing pallet ). and some tweaks towards a more realistic handling model , i know im not that good of a driver that i can bury my foot and get away with it 99% of the time

But all in all there are some changes that are going in a good direction.

Andi

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea