When will Ferrari get rid of Massa?

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
According to a lot of people, its inevitable that Massa will be dumped by the Italian team at some point in the next year, so after which race do YOU think that Massa's time will be up?

dito

They said it like 100 times that Massa is not going to be thrown out of the car until he has a contract.
Besides look at Fisico car swapping in 09 from Force India to Ferrari. He couldn't accomplish anything, so it's not that easy.

dito

They said it like 100 times that Massa is not going to be thrown out of the car until he has a contract.
Besides look at Fisico car swapping in 09 from Force India to Ferrari. He couldn't accomplish anything, so it's not that easy.
Or Luca Badoer. He´s actually a good driver but throwing him right into the car is not a recipe for success.

F1 is cutthroat as ever these days, but I doubt Ferrari has much to gain by tossing Massa during the season unless they decide to give a rookie some test runs (i.e. Jules Bianchi). But since Ferrari has never really been known to field young drivers, I'm sticking with end of season

After the season ! Massa knows the Ferrari-family so well, and IF the upgrades on the car work, to give Alonso a shot @ the title this year, Massa is the perfect second driver (Ger 2010) .

According to a lot of people, its inevitable that Massa will be dumped by the Italian team at some point in the next year, so after which race do YOU think that Massa's time will be up?

I am going to say end of season. Hard to see them making a mid-season switch considering the car isn't that competitive (we think anyway) and Massa has been with the team for some time.

i just found this on ESPN...Massa says spring not to blame for poor race results
"I have asked myself that forty five thousand times, and don't think I haven't and why wouldn't I: having won so much over three years, eleven races, the question is obvious. And it's not as though I only stuck to asking myself: I went looking for the answer, asking a whole host of questions and undergoing as many medical examinations. All the doctors I consulted are prepared to swear hand on heart that there are absolutely no traces of the impact with the spring.
http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/79035.html

Personally, I think a mid-season replacement will only hurt Ferrari. Look at when Fisichella replaced him when he was injured... He was qualifying at the back of the grid!

Also, I don't think Massa's the problem. I think it's the car, and the fact that Fernando Alonso is an amazing driver (In all honesty he should not be leading the championship with that car).

Basically, it's not that Massa's slow, it's that Alonso's too fast! :D

Personally, I think a mid-season replacement will only hurt Ferrari. Look at when Fisichella replaced him when he was injured... He was qualifying at the back of the grid!

Also, I don't think Massa's the problem. I think it's the car, and the fact that Fernando Alonso is an amazing driver (In all honesty he should not be leading the championship with that car).

And Badoer before Fisi :roflmao:

This ^^

Massa is out of form, and Alonso is on form. That Ferrari sholdn't be anywhere near the front of the grid, but Alonso is somehow getting it there.

No man is that good.

That would be the same as saying Button had no problems in Spain, he simply lost his speed and Hamilton made all the difference.

Both cars were obviously very good but only two drivers actually got the setup right.
Button was for example only 1-2 tenths away from Hamilton in AUS-MAL.

It should also be noted that Massa had traffic in Qualifying and he get a drive-through in the race so it essentially ruined his race there.

The last few years of cars with new regulations haven´t been in favor of Massa´s driving style.
He did much better with the wider front tires etc.

Massa represents what the car is capable of.
Alonso just sprinkles his magic powder on that car.
But yes its been long enough for Massa to be in Ferrari, but really, who can replace him, someone less talented than Alonso of course, always, thats the way to be in a team, have a shield and some1 that can block som1 else while gettin tru a blue car....i would prefer it that way...so lets keep Massa.

Massa has roots with Ferrari maybe massa bows out for the team if there is a driver willing to step up and drive a strugging team car. I do not see it happening..... maybe since Stoner is is quiting Moto GP he can step up to F1.....just thinking.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back