Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

How are you finding it James? I've got the CSW and I'm still struggling for feel. Any other Fanatec users happy to share their settings?
It's getting better but I'm still spending far too much time going back and forth between the FFB settings and the track. I get very good feel in rF2 and GSC so I think the FFB in R3E still needs a little work.

A wheel configuration tool would be a god send in this game.

Installed the Fanatec v200 drivers and I'm getting a better centre feel through my CSR. Getting more bump ffb at the centre position that I wasn't before.
How is the center ffb deadzone on the fanatec? I've never been sure if it's only a problem on G27s or if everybody has a the same greater/smaller problem?

post 8.10. update:

The wheel i'm using turns ca.120° in every direction - MS Sidewinder.
How do i set it up properly now ?

It appears to work out of the box fine for me. Didn't do any changes before i went for a test drive. The steering is more accurate now and i can work with the minor steering inputs much better, i think, and they are much more accurately/linearly translated into the game. The floaty imprecise digital motion is still present here and there(with certain cars more apparent), but it's been greatly reduced, i feel.

Still, grip levels/progression are still not implemented(?) and communicated very well. It feels there's still quite a bit of detail missing across the whole grip range. The resistance from the road is often missing - the steering is too light.

I drive with DFGT this game. Before this patch, I use for all cars steering lock at 29 and 900 angle fixed in driver of my steering wheel profile. With todays patch , I tried same setting but in game, turning driver special steering wheel setting off. So... I catch horrible understeer at cars like Gumpert and Corvette GT3. When I leave steering lock at 29, but switching to 900 angle in drived profile, then it became a normal. My question, watta mysterious angle range in game that does not matching with angle in driver profile? :mad:

I give up on FFB setting on my G27 after today's update,impossible to resolve dead zone in center without loosing detail.....just give up :(
It doesn't look like S3 updated FFB at all in this release. I imagine that would take some resources away from getting WTCC ready for release and that's why they haven't looked at it again.

My G27 is my only wheel and I know it can be made to work well given what iRacing was able to do with it but I'm starting to come around to the fact that there's only so much we can get out of 2010 entry level wheel. Even in iRacing where there's no deadzone the sheer lack of strength in the wheel means force is on the verge of being too light in order for me to get enough information out of the wheel to feel the road.

The G27 is very good but it has its limits and I'm now eyeing up a Thrustmaster T500 RS...if I could afford it. We'll see ;)

I seem to have lost most of the ffb effects. I still feel the shifts, kerbs and bumps from other cars but there is no wheel weight and I do not feel any change with oversteer or understeer. Not sure why, didn't have this problem before update. I hope we get a hotfix for this

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.