Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

The FFB got better after the big update, but still many cars feel a bit floaty, they tend to move slightly left/right when driving straight and I don’t really have a good feeling for the center…

Yesterday I tried some tweaks like editing the *.rcs file (increasing FFB steer front & rear grip) or increasing the vertical Load and Lateral Force. Yes – it feels more direct, precise and better, however, compared to Sims as AC, Iracing, GSCE etc the steering often feels a bit dull and lifeless…

I have the Fanatec CSR Forza Wheel with the latest drivers installed.

The FFB got better after the big update, but still many cars feel a bit floaty, they tend to move slightly left/right when driving straight and I don’t really have a good feeling for the center…

Yesterday I tried some tweaks like editing the *.rcs file (increasing FFB steer front & rear grip) or increasing the vertical Load and Lateral Force. Yes – it feels more direct, precise and better, however, compared to Sims as AC, Iracing, GSCE etc the steering often feels a bit dull and lifeless…

I'm using the CSR too and feel the same to be honest.

Are you aware that not all cars and tracks was updated with improved physics/FFB/track surface?

Ok, I'm on a GT3 which is very similar to a CSR, and while I completely agree that the cars was loose around center prior to patch, the updated cars feel lots better now. The non-updated cars are however just slightly better, for instance my fav combo of the MP4-12C GT3 @ Bathurst is still a awful combo in R3E, I keep weaving so much that I go off track sometimes cos I can't feel s**t around center.
I'll have a look at my settings tonight and share them here, they are by no means great but it's getting me through the day until I upgrade my wheel (which feels awful after having gotten used to a T300 RS).

Yeah, the GT2, GT3 and CSR supposedly use the same internals so settings should be similar for all three. I would be interested to read feedback from other people with these wheels.

I can't really shake the dead around the centre feel, but otherwise FFB feels quite decent.

I don't know if different Fanatec firmware and drivers make a difference at all.

I'm glad I'm hearing more and more people with wheels other than G27 talk about how ffb can be improved. I was starting to get the feeling S3 might just think it's an "old wheel problem". The truth is there's so much improvement that can be made even with DFGTs, G25s, G27s, etc even though they are old they can do more.

Yep, I always wondered if I’m the only one who experiences this dull, lifeless and unprecise steering, but the fact that I play AC, Iracing, GSCE etc with no such steering probs makes me think that the problem lies rather within RRRE than on my side. Furthermore here I can see people with the same probs. Now, we just need a solution, cause this game could be much fun with the right steering settings. :)

Allrite I've just been on R3E and did a few laps on Hockenheim in the ADAC Z4, these settings might not be equally good for other cars and tracks, but I can't be arsed testing them all :p
Also, it won't turn your GT3/CSR wheel into a Thrustmaster TX/T300 either sadly, while I got it feeling decent imo I haven't spent time really dialing it in because no matter what I do it will still be vastly inferior to the T300 I had on visit for a week. :(
Anyways, enough rambling, here's the ingame settings I run atm:
2014-10-01_00001.jpg

2014-10-01_00002.jpg

On my wheel I run these settings:
SEn = OFF
FF = 100
Sho = 0
dri = 3-4
AbS = 0
Lin = 0
dEA = 0
SPr = 0
dPr = 0

Toy around a bit with the drift setting (dri), lower settings to off will give a firmer wheel but also make it harder to quickly catch slides. I liked it well on both 3 and 4 in the Z4.
Had no feeling of being loose around center like you guys mentioned, not with these settings on this car and on this track at least.

Thanks, Kjell!
I didn’t try your settings yet, but they are not far from the ones I have atm. Except for the dri setting in the wheel, I will check that the next days. What I did do yesterday: I set the Lateral Force to +150 and the Vertical Load to something around 100-120 and it felt quite good (with the BMW Z4 @ Hockenheim). Nevertheless, there is still this subtle floaty feeling with the cars, they are not perfectly connected to the road imo. I guess it’ll be a lot of trial and error.

Yes…it is strange. This floaty feeling now happens rather when approaching a corner and when I start to steer (and brake) the car. Driving in a straight line feels good now, not much deadzone in the centre of the wheel.

Are you braking and turning at the same time?
Are you sure that the floaty feeling is not coming from your front wheels locking up?
I know that I have to be really careful when braking cos locking up seems to happen much more easy in R3E than other sims and I've heard people having to lower their brake pressure to 20 to be able to race without locking up.

No, not every time, it really depends on the corner. ;)
I doubt that it comes from locking up the front wheels (I’m very careful when breaking) , cause in other sims I don’t have this feeling.

Finally ..... :cool:

10683506_78292678509770ut0.jpg
With the next Release we will introduce a new Feature that automatically sets realistic values for Wheel Range & Steering lock on all cars.
GT & Touring Cars will use 540 degrees, while Classic Cars for example will use 900.
The Steering Lock will automatically match the degrees of rotation.
This way you won´t need to adjust these values manually anymore, which means that all cars will handle properly out of the box.
Currently all Logitech, Fanatec & Thrustmaster wheels are supported.
This new Setting will be available through its own slice in the car setup screen.
Of course you can still manually adjust the Wheel Range & Steering Lock within the game if you prefer a different setup.

(Source)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back