Webber: I'm Considering My Future

I couldn't understand why Nico didn't overtook him. He is to long in F1 to be a puppet. It was the most stupid behaviour from him.

He's following instructions from the team. If your boss gave you an order at work to do something, and you didnt listen to him, you would be fired.

Is he really able to be a Champion?

Well we have seen in Australia and in Malaysia that Rosberg has been pretty much on par with Hamilton throughout the weekends. I think he is well able to race him and yes, he could well be a championship contender if Merc can get an upper hand over Red Bull, which could well be next year with all the rule changes.

Webber didn't had an answer for Vettel 's attack, don't tell me he wasn't aware off Seb or had not enough fuel:roflmao:. He almost pushed him to the barrier while defending. I suggest U watch the race again.
Webber was delighted to crush Heidfeld and Couthard, now he is humiliated by German.
Maybe Vettel will give up Championship to his team mate this year, Seb gets sentimental too, poor Mark :cry:.
Bring on Chiniese GP.
I think you are missing the point Marcin, Webber was assured that there would be no attack and therefore was not expecting it. Vettell took advantage of Webber running the leaner fuel mix at that time in the race. Of course once he realised Vettell was going for it he tried to defend, wouldn't you?

I hate team orders with a vengeance and am all for drivers fighting it out between each other but if the order is given and then one driver takes advantage of that by ignoring it then as far as I am concerned that driver loses respect. He basically stole the victory as he knew Webber believed they were not racing each other, it was not a fair fight at that stage of the race.

He's following instructions from the team. If your boss gave you an order at work to do something, and you didnt listen to him, you would be fired.

This is exactly how I 'm :roflmao:. I am the boss of my own. This is not just "some job", sorry mate but every weakness in F1 turns into end. While Vettel is looking for 4th title, Rosberg is loosing motivation completly, It is a good time to switch to Red Bull. Come on Nico.

So with about 1/5th of the race left the team decided that Webber had done enough to take the win?
So from that point on, the last exciting 1/5th of the race, we get to watch a procession?

I think what Vettel did was the right thing. Team orders ruin the racing.

For instance, why wasn't the team order the other way around? In the past Ferrari would let Schumi, the faster better driver, go past Barrichello, to allow him to take more points which might be valuable later in a hotly contested championship.
Everyone complained then, booo hisss... the same is true here.

Surely it's more likely Vettel will need the points later in the year, and he should have been allowed out ahead? Same constructors points, but more points for a driver more likely to need them?

Red Bull's choice almost feels patronising to Webber really. It would have been an empty win had he got it... and both he and Vettel would have known it too.
But he didn't win it by racing in a fair manner. I agree about team orders but if he is so against them why does he not before the race speak out and say he is not sticking to any such orders then both drivers know the score. What he did just meant he snuck win from Webber in an underhand manner. Thats what I don't like.

An empty win like Vettells is now you mean.. who wants to win in that fashion!!

Webber didn't had an answer for Vettel 's attack, don't tell me he wasn't aware off Seb or had not enough fuel:roflmao:. He almost pushed him to the barrier while defending. I suggest U watch the race again.
Is this even real? Surely you must just be having a laugh here.

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

While I agree that team orders destroy a lot of good racing and it certainly did this weekend in both the Red Bull and Mercedes fight, I still think Vettel deserves a major punishment for what he did. Team orders ARE legal, like them or not, and he chose to put his own ego higher than his boss orders, that would get you fired in some jobs you know...
I'd prefer if they where both allowed to race it out and had the best man win, though I understand the point of view of the team boss who wants to see both cars finish the race because it means a LOT OF MONEY to the team. Maybe the teams should be paid for entertainment factor instead of race results? :p

I think what Vettel did was the right thing. Team orders ruin the racing.

No it was a sneaky move by Vettel, and his victory was hollow. He was outclassed by Webber in that race, and the only way he could get past him was when the team reassured Webber that he was safe from attack. Vettel went against the team, and his teammate, who he would have talked to before the race about this plan - "Multi twenty one"..

So with about 1/5th of the race left the team decided that Webber had done enough to take the win?

Yup. And deservedly so.. Vettel made a wrong choice with the early stop for tyres and Webber made a great start, jumping Vettel to take the lead. Red Bull pitted Webber earlier than Vettel for most of the pit stops, and he responded to Vettel's undercut attempts. Anyways if you were the team boss of Red Bull, would you let those two race for the race victory? No, because we all saw what happened in Turkey 2010. 43 points could easily have been lost and these two drivers have had a lot of history..

It would have been an empty win had he got it...

How? I'm curious to hear..

We can win with fashion playing racing games but they are sitting there figting with enormous G-forces in temperatures above 40, and life threat most of the time. He didn't broke sport regulations. This is gladiators arena and only one can be a winner.
All 22 drivers are driving in those same conditions... No you are right Marcin he didn't break any actual regulations just showed where his morals lie. There is a certain trust between drivers which Vettel doesn't seem to understand.

Team orders are horrible but they are part of the game right now so drivers have to live with it. Let's not forget Vettell was quite happy to try to ask for the team to move Webber out of the way earlier in the race when he couldn't get past, does that not smack just a a little of double standards.. he wants team orders when it suits him but not when it doesn't :rolleyes:

Red Bull have enough money and allready 3 wins in a row.

O.K. so they should sent away Vettel :D. Well I don't mind too see Vettel in Ferrari in a pair with Alonso straight away.
We are not agreed here about whole situation but my conclusions after our little talk are very promising. Thanks :thumbsup:

Vettel showed he's an hypocrite, just that.

You don't agree to follow team orders before the race, just to ignore them if they don't go your way. Also, didn't he basically ask the team to get Webber out of his way because he was slow? So team orders are alright, as long as he's the one being benefited.

Well, i guess that GP was a prime example of what a bunch of whiney, spoiled prats F1 drivers are and what a sham F1 really is...
Vettel should be kicked out for ignoring team orders, he drives and gets payed by Red Bull Racing, not Vettel Racing and Webber should get a kick up the backside for what he was saying on the podium... what a joke, these are supposed to be professionals... Anybody else finding the podium interviews laughable, i mean, yeah sure, this sort of stuff is probably why they do it, but come on... this is just borderline pathetic.
Hamilton probably figured he'd better apologise first thing to Rosberg after seeing and hearing that debacle lol
Top tier of motorsports, my butt... no sir, reserve that for the Endurance drivers ;)

Vettel showed he's an hypocrite, just that.

You don't agree to follow team orders before the race, just to ignore them if they don't go your way. Also, didn't he basically ask the team to get Webber out of his way because he was slow? So team orders are alright, as long as he's the one being benefited.
He did but they didn't listen so he just changed his aproach in race craft - maybe hypocrite but very intelligent racing driver. What is a ceiling for Webber for Vettel is just a floor.

No it was a sneaky move by Vettel, and his victory was hollow. He was outclassed by Webber in that race, and the only way he could get past him was when the team reassured Webber that he was safe from attack. Vettel went against the team, and his teammate, who he would have talked to before the race about this plan - "Multi twenty one"..

Yup. And deservedly so.. Vettel made a wrong choice with the early stop for tyres and Webber made a great start, jumping Vettel to take the lead. Red Bull pitted Webber earlier than Vettel for most of the pit stops, and he responded to Vettel's undercut attempts. Anyways if you were the team boss of Red Bull, would you let those two race for the race victory? No, because we all saw what happened in Turkey 2010. 43 points could easily have been lost and these two drivers have had a lot of history..

How? I'm curious to hear..

The race isn't over until the chequered flag drops.

Had Webber won he'd have won 4/5ths of a race, but not a full one. That is pretty hollow in my view.

It seems Vettel was the only driver of the pair wanting to make a full race, not 4/5ths race and then a 1/5th procession.

Vettel is the faster better driver statistically, so why reward Webber with the win/points just because he had a good start?
Surely if the team is playing the points game then Vettel will need them more? Or are we saying that Webber is their man for the championship this year?

Or were Red Bull just giving Webber a race just to feel good about early in the season when the points don't matter so much?

I can see those tables turning later in the season when the points really matter! And part of that stinks too. That Red Bull would do the complete opposite if the points mattered to Vettel, even if Webber had done better than the other day.

Yes the team points are important etc etc, but I feel bad for both guys as they are just pawns to Red Bull once the positions look safe. Bit lame really as we take the time to watch a race, not to watch something that can have time called at the whim of someone sat in a chair in the pit building.

Dave

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Forum trophies