Webber: I'm Considering My Future

It's like agreeing to fight without weapons, just for someone to bring a rocket launcher.

Smart? Well yes, but not exactly the sign of a sportsman.

Edit: On topic. I can see this being the last season for Webber in F1, if he gets fed up with Vettel. After being in Red bull, I can't see him going to a small team, the only one where he might want to go is Ferrari for a competitive car, but I can't see that happening.

Had Webber won he'd have won 4/5ths of a race, but not a full one. That is pretty hollow in my view.
You don't seem to get the point, that it wasn't Webbers decision to save tires and turn down the engine. It was the teams decision. One driver obeyed, one didn't.
It's not like Webber could not driver at 100% or did not want to.

Surely if the team is playing the points game then Vettel will need them more? Or are we saying that Webber is their man for the championship this year?
It's way to early to say Webber is their man, but it is also way too early to rule him out.
17 races left and no one knows what will happen.

I think the only way Vettel can apologize to Webber is to let him pass when he leading the race and Webber is behind him. If not then his apology is meaningless.
Yes, but if Vettel just hands him a victory then it won't feel like a victory, because he got given it.

The only way Mark will feel better, is if he genuinely beats Sebastian to win the race.
Agree but it is better then nothing. Personally I think Webber will have a hard time beating Vettel.

Mr Whippy, I hear what you are saying and for the most part I agree with you. On the other hand if you make an agreement before the race then you expect the drivers to follow that agreement. Webber tuned down his car to bring her home with a lot less wear on the engine and the gearbox. That is a sensible thing to do. Too bad Vettel didn't see it that way.

Mr Whippy, I hear what you are saying and for the most part I agree with you. On the other hand if you make an agreement before the race then you expect the drivers to follow that agreement. Webber tuned down his car to bring her home with a lot less wear on the engine and the gearbox. That is a sensible thing to do. Too bad Vettel didn't see it that way.

I guess so.

For me F1 is frustrating a lot of the time because the drivers can't race much of the time, held back by regs for one thing or another.

It's damned hard to get what motivations are driving the, err, drivers, from one minute to the next.

I swear not so long back they had to keep tyres on all race unless it was too dangerous? Now they swap them often but have limited fuellings?
Also now limited engines?

I know resource management is important but it gets confusing from my perspective hehe...

You can see why Vettel 'got confused' can't you haha :D

Dave

Well Mark, being on a rolling contract, you're not the only one considering your future. Should have signed with Ferrari before Massa got his confidence back.

Don't expect any sort of punishment for Vettel, maybe try stealing Christian Horners balls from his pocket, I hear Christian has been looking for them.

Team orders just bring problems, in one way or another. If they could race, nothing of this would be happening. I liked that Vettel just didn't heard and go ahead in the battle, but with Webber without 100% in his car it turned out to be unfair, or silly, just like Horner said.

Well Mark, being on a rolling contract, you're not the only one considering your future. Should have signed with Ferrari before Massa got his confidence back.

Don't expect any sort of punishment for Vettel, maybe try stealing Christian Horners balls from his pocket, I hear Christian has been looking for them.
horner is extremely annoying. i want to see him lose regularly. arrogant and supports seb no matter what. he has no say over what seb does. seb made mark look like a fool and horner too. if it wasn't for newey, neither of them would be smiling like cheshire cats that much

I can only assume that after the first attempt of Vettel to overtake, Webber must have protested on the radio. I also assume that the Red Bull crew has the skill to be as clear as Ross Brawn to Vettel to stop attacking, but that we just didn't hear that on tv-broadcast. Vettel didn't use the 'radio wasn't working' excuse to the press so I also assume he has heard everything.

All in all: Webber can't trust Vettel to follow team orders, and he can't trust the team to keep Vettel in control. Of course there's history too (Turkey and Silverstone). It's hard to give 100% if you can't trust people in your team. Can you still enjoy driving if there's the threat of being screwed again by the team like that? If I was Webber I'd wave the middle finger to the team and stay on the surfboard.

I can only assume that after the first attempt of Vettel to overtake, Webber must protested on the radio. I also assume that the Red Bull crew has the skill to be as clear as Ross Brawn to Vettel to stop attacking, but that we just didn't hear that on tv-broadcast. Vettel didn't use the 'radio wasn't working' excuse to the press so I also assume he has heard everything.

All in all: Webber can't trust Vettel to follow team orders, and he can't trust the team to keep Vettel in control. Of course there's history too (Turkey and Silverstone). It's hard to give 100% if you can't trust people in your team. Can you still enjoy driving if there's the threat of being screwed again by the team like that? If I was Webber I'd wave the middle finger to the team and stay on the surfboard.
Well said Rob, that is a good statement mate :)

i look at last year, webber vs massa was the only reason that Red Bull won the constructors. If Webber were to leave immediately, i struggle to see Red Bull bringing in a driver that can maintain the ability to drive well and win the title.
what happened to the Ferrari replacements in 2009?

Mark should stick around this year, kick Vettel's arse and win the WDC and then retire, moving to endurance racing. That's what we all want to see :D
i think mark is a real competitor. he is a true professional and a gritty character. that has got him this far but he lacks that magic. at the same time, if i was him, i would say, "sod it- no team orders for me either". it's clearly his last season. he has nothing to lose. horner is a whimp, marko has knocked him. vettel has overuled his team. mark needs to race him and race hard. even if he comes off worse. at worst he can make seb work hard and possibly damage sebs titles hopes. in some ways, this whole saga could free webber of some of the shackles. what has he got to lose? the record books won't note webber as a "team player". it's time to be ruthless and go for it. it just takes a win an seb to go out in one race and he's got the advantage. right now, i want anyone to win that title except seb. lies and fake apologies.

if i was Webber - plenty of cash,decent career F*** you RedBull and be gone right now,not end of the season.
to much he has taken the past years, enough is enough
but if he leaves, he ends any small hope he has of a title. he effectively ends his career and will redbull cry over him? they just want an honest teamplayer to supplement sebs points. it's clear seb is number 1 and marko has a cheek saying mercedes have 1 and 2. think he is wary of them. i hope ross brawn can work his magic again like he's done in the past.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back